The Sun £20 Holidays. Holiday Park Review thread

Options
MSE_Jenny
MSE_Jenny Posts: 1,312 MSE Staff
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]It's possible to bag summer 2009 holidays from £20 per person with the Sun newspaper.

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]For full details see the deals Note: [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Sun £20 Holidays

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Please use this thread to review any holiday parks featured in the offer that you've stayed in before, so other MoneySavers can benefit. [/FONT]

Comments

• inspector_monkfish
    Options
    Shouldn't this go on the UK holiday board?
    Please take the time to have a look around my Daughter's website www.daisypalmertrust.co.uk
    (MSE Andrea says ok!)
  • sharonwebb19
    Options
    I have been on several of the sun holidays my favourites were:
    Parkdean Crantock Beach - This is near Newquay, amazing caravan - best I have ever stayed in (didnt upgrade) and right next to a beautiful beach.
    Parkdean Warmwell - Really pretty site, had a small wildlife walk where I saw a deer, had a dry ski slope and was close to Weymouth
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Hendra Holiday Park in Newquay is nice, the best part is the swimming pool which you have to pay for, but can get a discounted rate by pre booking 7 sessions in advance.
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • samsil
    samsil Posts: 256 Forumite
    Options
    Haven greenacres nr porthmadog is very nice quiet-ish park with direct beach access. Very close to portmerion (10 mins in car). reasonable distance for day in abersoch (45 mins ish if i remember).
  • efcmc
    efcmc Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Used the offer in the Sun for a number of years now and been very happy overall. Stayed on various sites in Wales and Cornwall, the best being Parkdean Hollywell Bay Newquay, Caravan fantastic and very clean, grounds are quiet and very close to the beach, booked again this year for Newquay Holiday park, just hopes it's as nice.
  • Jen5
    Jen5 Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    went to Parkdean's Grannies Heilan Hame, Scotland in September 2007. upgraded to extra wide caravan and got a privately owned caravan. was beautiful! park was very clean, quiet and well maintained, staff were friendly and park shop wasnt too expensive. park was virtually on the beach too. would recommend this park.

off to Parkdean's Cherry Tree, Norfolk in June, hope its as nice as the last one.
  • geri1965_2
    geri1965_2 Posts: 8,736 Forumite
    Options
    Parkdean Crantock Beach - This is near Newquay, amazing caravan - best I have ever stayed in (didnt upgrade) and right next to a beautiful beach.

This was our favourite as well.

We also stayed at Parkdean in Newquay (good site but inland) and Haven at Perran Sands (fabulous location but really awful chalet and the shop was closed most of the time, which wasn't helpful). We also had to pay a deposit for our bed linen and take it back after - at Parkdean it's just there.
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    We are staying at Hendra Holiday Park in Newquay, we've been before. Caravans are fab, the site isnt too big but has a fab swimming pool that visitors from outside the park can pay to use. Nice bar/restaurant but dont think the evening entertainment is worth paying to see! We managed to get the half term week in May with the Sun holidays, great deal.
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • Polly23_2
    Polly23_2 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    We have just stayed at the Park Resorts Site in Kidwelly. A small site and only expected a 2 bed bronze caravan but was given a privately owned 3 bed chalet. It was fantastic. Lovely jumping off place for the Gower Coast. Llanelli Millenium Coastal Path and Park is amazing. Would def. go again. :T
  • dcc1
    dcc1 Posts: 28 Forumite
    edited 2 July 2009 at 12:38AM
    Options
    Haven Caister is one of my favourites but I just booked california cliffs for september thru gocaravanholidays.com/page/10/Special-Offers.html as we got a great bargaain.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure