Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kaz2904
    • By Kaz2904 22nd Mar 09, 7:48 PM
    • 5,791Posts
    • 37,638Thanks
    Kaz2904
    RAF Waddington?
    • 22nd Mar 09, 7:48 PM
    RAF Waddington? 22nd Mar 09 at 7:48 PM
    This is a really really long shot!
    I've been up to RAF Waddington for the weekend to see my sons Godfather. Unfortunately on Saturday my son left his scruffy looking yellow (grey) teddy bear in the park (The one nearest the front gate). When we realised it was there we went back but it had gone. I have been round and round the camp looking for Owen (The teddy) but couldn't find it. I think one of the children who were playing in the park may have taken it home and then it been slung in the bin.
    My son is devastated- he's not spent a night apart from this blasted teddy in 5.5 years. They aren't made any more so I can't replace it either. I've just put him to bed in tears again because he's lost his friend.

If anyone lives or works (or knows anyone who does) on camp please could you keep your eyes peeled. If you find him then please pm me or look in the spar shop for the notice which will give you our friends phone number.

Thanks to anyone who has taken the time to read this and if we manage to find Owen then I think I will love you forever!

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by Former MSE Laura; 31-03-2009 at 6:31 PM.
Page 1
    • 1012donna
    • By 1012donna 22nd Mar 09, 8:13 PM
    • 11,214 Posts
    • 10,190 Thanks
    1012donna
    • 22nd Mar 09, 8:13 PM
    • 22nd Mar 09, 8:13 PM
    Maybe you could put a poster up in the HIVE too or wherever the mums and tots groups are held!
    Murphy's No More Pies Club Member No. 68

• Kaz2904
    • By Kaz2904 22nd Mar 09, 8:18 PM
    • 5,791 Posts
    • 37,638 Thanks
    Kaz2904
    • 22nd Mar 09, 8:18 PM
    • 22nd Mar 09, 8:18 PM
    I'll see if my friend can do that, thanks for the idea. (We're back at home now.)
  • sassygirl
    • 22nd Mar 09, 10:01 PM
    • 22nd Mar 09, 10:01 PM
    Hi, I live down the road and i can ask around at the school for you. Would you possibly be able to send me a pic of the teddy?? I cant get on camp to get any details posted in the spar, so if you could PM me that would be great :0)
    p.s my daughter has a specail teddy too and she would be distraught without hers so i can well imagine how your LO is feeling.
    • Alias_Omega
    • By Alias_Omega 22nd Mar 09, 10:34 PM
    • 7,243 Posts
    • 3,939 Thanks
    Alias_Omega
    • 22nd Mar 09, 10:34 PM
    • 22nd Mar 09, 10:34 PM
    Sassy,

The spar is outside of the camp, you should gain access without any issues.
    • Nelski
    • By Nelski 22nd Mar 09, 10:36 PM
    • 12,680 Posts
    • 43,575 Thanks
    Nelski
    • 22nd Mar 09, 10:36 PM
    • 22nd Mar 09, 10:36 PM
    My brother is in the RAF at Cranwell which if im not mistaken is pretty close to Waddington. I will email him now with your post and see if he can put the word out at waddington xx

teddys are very important x
    • Kaz2904
    • By Kaz2904 23rd Mar 09, 8:24 AM
    • 5,791 Posts
    • 37,638 Thanks
    Kaz2904
    • 23rd Mar 09, 8:24 AM
    • 23rd Mar 09, 8:24 AM
    Thanks for all of your help everyone. I'm feeling a little more confident about Owen coming home now.
    Sassy I will get DH to sort through the pictures tonight to try and get one on here.
    Owen is a sitting upright type of teddy with his legs in front of him. He has a Yellow satin ribbon round his neck (the type with thicker edges) which used to be tied in a bow. It is now a bit chewed and twisted.
    He has a yellow button on his bottom which the picture or writing has nearly worn off. He has black eyes. His nose is (according to DS) a sewn in type and its brown.
    DS says that he has got my first teddy written on his foot. (Sewed but separate- if anyone knows what that means). I think he means embroidered.
    In patches he is so dirty he is grey and other patches he is almost white where DS cleaned him with an entire bottle of carpet cleaner.
    He is really soft and smells of surf small and mighty tropical because he's not long had a wash!

Thanks once again. BTW- if anyone told me 5 years ago that I would be doing this I would never have believed them!
    • jacand
    • By jacand 23rd Mar 09, 8:39 AM
    • 539 Posts
    • 2,264 Thanks
    jacand
    • 23rd Mar 09, 8:39 AM
    • 23rd Mar 09, 8:39 AM
    I live on camp at Waddington, I have a little one and will be going round the estate shortly, I'll keep a look out for him and ask the mums at playgroup etc if they have seen him.
    Hope you get him back, could you tell your son he's just having a little holiday?
  • sassygirl
    • 23rd Mar 09, 11:08 AM
    • 23rd Mar 09, 11:08 AM
    I didnt realise the spar was outside the camp, sorry. Dont venture near the camp too often to be honest lol
    Will have an ask around later at the local primary school. I know there's a few mums who live in Waddington.
    Piccie would be great too!
    • Kaz2904
    • By Kaz2904 23rd Mar 09, 11:40 AM
    • 5,791 Posts
    • 37,638 Thanks
    Kaz2904
    The spar is kind of on camp but not.
    You have to o through the gates but you are only on the married quarters section. The spar is round by the scout hut on the left.

Forgot to say, Owen is a mothercare teddy and is not machine washable (according to his label)
    • Trying to be good
    • By Trying to be good 23rd Mar 09, 4:36 PM
    • 1,909 Posts
    • 2,417 Thanks
    Trying to be good
    Good luck, Kaz. Have you tried looking on ebay for a stand-in Owen?
    Mortgage Free in Three T4; target to clear (or offset) mortgage by 25 Jan 19
    £17,800 for a target Mortgage balance of £NOTHING
    £61,000 of a £20,000 target Cash ISAs
    £2,000 of a £6,000 target Savings
    • Kaz2904
    • By Kaz2904 23rd Mar 09, 5:38 PM
    • 5,791 Posts
    • 37,638 Thanks
    Kaz2904
    They aren't around any more TTBG! BTW, are you following me? (Lol!).
    Just had a phone call from my friend. Her hubby just phoned and has had a teddy given to him. He has no idea if it's Owen so she will ring when she gets home.
    Fingers crossed it is him!
    • Nelski
    • By Nelski 23rd Mar 09, 5:56 PM
    • 12,680 Posts
    • 43,575 Thanks
    Nelski
    awww fingers crossed for a happy ending
    • Kaz2904
    • By Kaz2904 23rd Mar 09, 7:13 PM
    • 5,791 Posts
    • 37,638 Thanks
    Kaz2904
    etc.
    Someone handed him in first thing this morning and the spar shop rang our friend. He collected Owen on his way home from work.
    Who ever handed it in you are an and DS is over the moon. He can't wait to be reunited with him.

Thanks once again anyone who looked or passed a message on.
    • 1012donna
    • By 1012donna 23rd Mar 09, 8:04 PM
    • 11,214 Posts
    • 10,190 Thanks
    1012donna
    Kaz, that's absolutely fantastic!!!!!
    Murphy's No More Pies Club Member No. 68

• themaccas
    Awww so pleased...I have just read this thread from the beginning and I'm so pleased you found him. My DD also has a mothercare teddy that they don't sell anymore, she hasn't spent a night apart from, she is 10, we lost him in WalMart in Florida 3 years ago and I was in floods of tears with my daughter!!! I felt we had lost a member of our family albeit for only a couple of hours when he was found. I would never believe I would have acted like that either. It's tough seeing your children in so much distress. I am so pleased for your DS...and you!!

I got wise when DS was born and gave him muslin squares to get attached to - easily replaced!!!!
    Debtfree JUNE 2008 - Thank you MSE
  • Needstochange
    Hope Owen enjoyed his little mini break

Thats made my day
    29th Feb Quit Day
    • kitchpoo
    • By kitchpoo 23rd Mar 09, 8:46 PM
    • 1,242 Posts
    • 688 Thanks
    kitchpoo
    I think Martin Lewis needs to hear about this story. Its a nice personal successful outcome demonstrating how the MSE network has reunited a child and his lost teddy! Well done all those involved.
    Praying at the church of MSE should be compulsory!

There are three types of people in the world, those who can add up and those who can't.
    • Kaz2904
    • By Kaz2904 23rd Mar 09, 9:39 PM
    • 5,791 Posts
    • 37,638 Thanks
    Kaz2904
    I've sent a message to the big man himself. I always tell the kids that this site is really important and they'll be thankfull for it one day. Now they are!
    • kitchpoo
    • By kitchpoo 23rd Mar 09, 9:57 PM
    • 1,242 Posts
    • 688 Thanks
    kitchpoo
    I've sent a message to the big man himself. I always tell the kids that this site is really important and they'll be thankfull for it one day. Now they are!
    Originally posted by Kaz2904
    ditto - pm sent to martin.
    Praying at the church of MSE should be compulsory!

There are three types of people in the world, those who can add up and those who can't.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,350Posts Today

8,161Users online

Martin's Twitter