PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,637 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thursday pleasures,

Litha and the longest day of the year, we made the most of it.

Arrangements made to meet up with OS pal, lovely.

Our hedge is coming out in flower, the bees will love it but are yet to see many butterflies in the garden, perhaps when the Buddleia comes out.

Yet another ODI win.

Meal out with family, food was ok but we talked and laughed all evening, last to leave the restaurant.
  • Hopeless_Case
    Options
    mhagster wrote: »
    Hello . It's been nice to look at from inside today but slightly spoiled by a cold windy wind.

I've been very lazy today. Had a bath and read a book. That just about sums it up! Just finished reading book.

Doggy friend popped in briefly in afternoon.

Just put some veggie sausages in oven for my tea with some salad and rice.

Son had millionaire shortbread and tablet ice cream for tea!

Life will busy up again tomorrow !

Hopeless case do try lemonade scones , the mix will seem a lot wetter than ordinary scone mix but the results are worth it! Lovely and light! It's a very Australian thing!
    Thanks - I'm going to try making them this weekend :)
    Thursday pleasures

When the sun was out it was hot, hot, hot:)

Had a lovely bath

All packed ready for motor biking holiday - down to channel tunnel train tomorrow & then off to Germany via Belgium :T I am sooo looking forward to it & we are staying in two spa hotels :j:j Two other couples & the organiser - so just the seven of us. :D:D

Watching the birdies & the 3 squirrels that visited today :D

DSis had last night’s leftovers & DH & I had cheesey beans on toast :drool:

Any fresh food that won't be eaten by DSis, has been chopped, boxed/bagged and put in freezer (as part of Love Food, Hate Waste)

We are going on holiday :rotfl:

Reading your posts

MrsSD
    have a lovely holiday :)
    house_elf wrote: »
    Good Morning Folks!

HC I find using half the recommended dose of many things saves money.........I cut dishwasher tablets in half, double dilute conditioner and only use half the recommended dose of washing liquid. Usually, no effect on performance! So, well done on half doses of caffeine :rotfl:

Last few days.....

1. Fathers Day meal with DS1 and 2. Lovely food at Cafe Rouge. Paid with Clubcard vouchers and gift card, so real money was minimal. :j

2. Had a breakthrough at work. Finally someone has listened to me!

3. Observation.....kids had a lovely lesson. They made polystyrene planes. I think the feedback will not be good. I’m all enthusiasm, no skill! :rotfl:

4. Beautiful weather.

5. Planted some hanging baskets and pots with my reduced to clear plants.

Have a lovely day :)
    :rotfl::rotfl: Wise words! And so far, performance hasn't been affected :D

My 5 things:
    - OH's pre-op went ok - we're both a bit nervous but good to have progress

- My hollyhock seeds are germinating - but late I know but better then never :D

- It's nearly the weekend, and a family get together tomorrow :)

- The office is looking fab after a big tidy up

- Nice meal with eldest DD yesterday
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    Exciting news today about up and coming BoP tours!

100 BoP is on Horseguards 10 July. The baton is returned after its journey from the RAH. BoPsie is getting new dress etc. I will be inn a man cave while she dresses! It will be a flagon! We will be returning on the Big Train to Warster!

4 August BoP tours on the Lincolnshire coast and the Theatre of Fish. Steels Corner House will be three coursed as well. Beached Ready and available for … Speedos ordered! Obviously not from the same shop as BoPsie!

3 Readying for Quiz Night tonight in town. Heart fund. Our Team is the ICD Shockers! More later. Wobbleade will be purchased.

2 Meanwhile at the mill, on Monday last IT downgraded our network and we were supposed to be remapped! They switched off the network drives this very day and no one can get the looms to work! They’ve sent us all an email telling us what they have wrecked, but no one has email! Chaos outside the boiler room!

Good job we were not running the rig then!

Please remember, IT is there for them, not you!

Now on with your version of BoPiness!
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,210 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    pirate Pete the things my mind now can't un see

Beautiful day here. Hurrah for warmth again. I brought the garden sofa cushions back out the shed after being put away for 2 weeks whilst we had rainy days. I may have snoozed!

Lovely walk first thing with my dog boy. Just me and him and the birds.

Nice chats with both girls. DD1 on DD2 'she just talks non stop ' , me 'it's very quiet back here!'

Made more lemonade scones . Took some down to a neighbour and had a quick chat with her and then some to another friend. Sharing is caring!

Skinny club lost 3lbs hu-bloomin'-rah! Went to a later group met someone I was at school with. She has an unusual name and I'm like hmmmmmm, I went to school with someone called that, is it her ( last seen 32 years ago) so I asked her and it was and she had just been saying to someone else 'I know her somehow!' Very quick chat! 32 years in 5 minutes!

Lay on sofa with dog and thought about all the times we'd lain on sofa in Melbourne and snoozed!

Just been another dog walk and he kind of disappeared. The grass is so long I couldn't see him, then couldn't hear him swishing through. I'm just as concerned at him losing his shoes than losing him!

Just had take away for tea and enough leftover for tomorrow.

Need to go and decant DDs rooms in to mine! Yay! Said no mhagster ever. Decorator coming Monday and I have a busy weekend .
    Options
    mhagster wrote: »
    pirate Pete the things my mind now can't un see
    I’ll trunkate my next post!:beer::beer::beer:
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,032 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 June 2018 at 8:59PM
    Options
    1 I got my injection from the docs which works and booked DH in for his appointments.
    2 Ran errands did a tip run and picked up a won bay item, a lovely outdoor blind for over the back windows, as our blind decided to rip itself to shreds it!!!8217;s a tad old, but I am not looking forward to taking it down as it!!!8217;s quite a lump, we!!!8217;ve got a smaller easier to handle one 2nd hand.
    3 I took an hour out to sit in the sun with a tea and a book.
    4 Continued on sorting through boxes of DF!!!8217;s easier to do when it!!!8217;s at ours and in effect in the way stuff, 4 boxes done, more to go.
    5 Feeling immensely proud of my first courgette, looking forward to the summer
    6 I was a little dubious about inheriting df!!!8217;s concrete cherub bird bath in the garden, however the birds disagree, they have been loving it.
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning Peeps,

Yesterday

1. Finally starting to make progress with a big task to finish by the end of term.

2. Got feedback on my lesson observation and better than I expected.

3. I know what I am doing next academic year.

4. Chilli in the slow cooker for tea.

5. Cheap tickets for another play. May have nodded off in the middle, but very good.

Going to a BBQ at DH boss’ country pile today. Will report back later............

Have a lovely day :)
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,637 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Friday pleasures,

Visit to the farm shop and picked up a piece of rtc Dolcelatte.

Fast morning after eating out the night before but very ready for my tuna salad lunch.

Currently reading A Bruce’s series of detective novels set in Cambridge, strange but good to read about so many locations I know well having lived in the city for a number of years.

Over to see horse girlie, no work today but tidied up her mane and tail, she dozed in the sunshine.

Lovely evening, sat in the garden and had a glass of something cold & grape based.
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Sorted out kitchen cupboards. This included the herbs and spices. I have quite a few and always managed to know what I had as they were in vague alphabetical order. Since DS2 done some cooking it has been more of a mess and neither of us could find anything. Now sorted and empty spaces have appeared and duplicates have been combined.

2. Went to Waitrose and only bought things on my list. It rarely happens.
    Met my neighbours as I was leaving trying to manoeuvre the trolley to my car while carrying my free coffee.

3. DS2 carried my delivery of bird seed to the back garden where I store it. No real complaining either. He had arrived home from playing golf. He had taken a half days leave.

4. Had tea in the garden with DH and DS2. Pasta with garlic and it was lovely.

5. Reading my book.
    Options
    I’ll trunkate my next post!:beer::beer::beer:
    This post has bin cut short!

V Had usual snorkers and best of back. Mushrooms, fried tatties, grilled tom, two poached eggs on buttered toast! Tum was well rubbed.

4 Was inn emporium w8rs yesterday and grabbed a codpiece for tomorrow. Guess we will has the sauce of parsley and things. Tune in tomorrow!

3 Down at niece for lunch. Peas, with chips and fish. Wobbleade was purchased! Tum again well rubbed!

2 Nite should be a flix of net thing. Still looking for a movie. Just sorting out the list. More later.

There, that was not too much for you!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure