Haggle with Virgin - our new guide

Options

Comments

• paul.jacobs
    Options
    I called and got £10 off a month my TV, Phone and BB package, with an increased broadband from 50-100 and the V6 box being delivered soon. I also paid off the line rental for a year which will save a further £2.50 a month. Not a huge amount off, but worth a 10 minute call.
  • Brinksman
    Options
    Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me? My contract is up with Virgin so I called to cancel it. I have been a loyal customer for 7 years and can't believe how badly I'm being treated by the company. Using my password (the same one I've had since the beginning!) I was put through to numerous 'advisors'. Finally the last one claimed that he could help me because my password is incorrect! he then went on to say Virgin would have to post me out a new password! (can you believe this?) A week has now gone by and, you guessed it, no letter from Virgin with my mysterious new password. In the meantime, they are charging me for a service i no longer want or need. Please, help! I'm at my wit's end.
  • orangeanorak
    Options
    I am currently with Virgin and have the full package at £123.99 per month. This is currently been offered to new customers at £88 per month - if I leave Virgin how long do I have to be away to then become recognised as a new customer. After I leave will they come and take my TIVO boxes away - thank you
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Brinksman wrote: »
    Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me?

They can get in to serious trouble if they break the GDPR, you'll just have to wait a few days more and see if the letter turns up. I presume you couldn't pass any of the security checks?
    I am currently with Virgin and have the full package at £123.99 per month. This is currently been offered to new customers at £88 per month - if I leave Virgin how long do I have to be away to then become recognised as a new customer. After I leave will they come and take my TIVO boxes away - thank you
    12 months to be considered a new customer and yes they take away all of the equipment. If you schedule a cancellation they should offer a better deal anyway.
  • orangeanorak
    Options
    they have offered six month reduction to £109 from £123.99, upgrade from vivid 200 to vivid 350 and to upgrade the box that isnt a tivo6 to a tivo6 - then charge is £125 after six months - do you think I should hold off for better or accept
  • cherryduck
    Options
    My deal just ended, I'm on the 200Mbps package currently and it's gone up to £47.99 a month. Just got the internet, and a phone line we don't use.

I called up today and got offered an upgrade to the 350 package for £48 a month, with the price fixed for 18 months. Does that sound like a good deal or should I cancel and hope the retentions department rings up with a better offer?
  • thor
    thor Posts: 5,483 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've got tivo, 100mg broadband and free weekend calls and am currently having to shell out 56 quid per month. A few months ago I gave them my notice but never got the call back so had to cancel the cancellation within a day to go. I got through to retentions as I intend to have another go at cancelling but was told by the advisor to try again later on tonight or preferably tomorrow because their systems are down. Does anyone else think that maybe their system can't handle the volume of customers cancelling and has committed suicide?
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You got through to a human, so unlikely to be that, more likely the system's priority is to churn out the price increase letters
  • dazedandconfused_123
    Options
    The system came back up this afternoon when I was talking to them, so have another go.

Mind you, if I was being cynical I'd think, as when I first called it was down then "conveniently" came back on, maybe it is a bit of a stalling tactic as some people will forget to call back.
    God, How I hate the way VM treat their customers!
    Thanks to all posters for your never ending help and support
    :beer:
  • happy_2008
    happy_2008 Posts: 216 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Spoke to the contracts team apparently they dont have an outbound team anymore. However, not sure if i believe the advisor.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback