PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 16th September 2019

Options

Comments

• Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Had a good day. Before I went out I changed the bedding and dusted the flat surfaces in bedroom and put the bins out for collection.

Work went well, and the new activity was great fun. Have asked DH to purchase the equipment needed for my Christmas present.

Dogs are back and have been walked twice. I've made dumplings to go with the beef stew DH is making.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,427 Forumite
    Options
    Progress report on what I've done so far:
    - check finances
    - send DH off to his exercise session at the hospital gym - he came back without having exercised - the supervisor told him to go to the GP in the morning :(
    - S&S kitchen
    - S&S bathroom
    - hoover through downstairs
    - empty cupboards and drawers in the downstairs bedroom and find somewhere to store the contents (mostly in plastic crates stacked on and around the dining table)
    - sort jigsaws and toys to be taken to the CS
    - take down pictures and mirror
    - carry DGCs' toys upstairs and store temporarily in my study
    - move the keyboard and stool into the LR, together with the basket full of sheet music
    - dismantle shelves
    - take Rosie for her walk
    - we also spent 40 minutes on the phone, chatting to DH's elderly cousin
    - and I decluttered an hour's sit-down with a :coffee:

Decided not to strip the spare bed and wash the bedding in case DH feels unwell again and needs to sleep downstairs.

If I make a trip to the CS tomorrow I can declutter about half a cubic metre of stuff, including 8 large jigsaws :D

The remaining toys have been sorted into 3 piles: keep upstairs for DGC, keep for a toy sale at Toddler Group, and sell on eee-by-gum in aid of TG funds.
    The old wardrobe is empty and ready for a photo shoot :D
    And I have a whole crate full of books and other bits'n'bobs suitable for Christmas presents.

Must get ready to go out now for the family meeting.

(((Hugs))) spoons and sticks all round, as needed x
  • Evening all,

Work done, took DD to the park after school, packed lunches made, had a nice shower, jacket spuds in oven, WM on to be hung out overnight.

Also did some business filing for DH and some emails. Have lovely evenings all xx
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    Options
    Grrrrrr. Just lost a long post. :mad:

Rather than retype, the bones of it are that I hope that Mr Ionafan is ok, that I’ve done some of the dailies today, and that I have a very long list for tomorrow!

Last night’s meal planning job is now this evening’s job. Have a lovely evening all and I’ll catch up in the morning when hopefully the Wi-fi won’t drop out.
  • BadCat18
    BadCat18 Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Evening all,

Update from me...

Paid stuff DONE
    Collect cats from cattery DONE
    Start phoning people for quotes DONE plus various other calls and emails
    Collect stuff from launderette DONE
    WM x 2 if possible, first load is set on timer so should be ready to put on line in a couple of hours. Did one load in the end, dried indoors as very overcast here today.
    S/s bathroom DONE
    Banking check and money shuffle DONE
    DH will change our leftover holiday currency back and pay in to the house fund! Not done, he will do tomorrow.
    Go for a walk for some fresh air. DONE
    Mow front lawn. Will do tomorrow, was raining slightly when I finished work.

Hope you have all had a good day x
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,780 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Been to co-op and have filled the freezer again - oops - but I now have fish cakes and quiche portioned up so lots of basic meals. 2 packs of flat peaches for 25p each. Kerching. And red onions cheap and DS was fed from left over curry but I kindly made a kachumber salad to go with it.
    Flying wise I have washed up, emptied and refilled DW.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Washing all up to date (but currently drying in the bathroom as I don't trust the weather.)

Kitchen put to bed

Rubbish & recycling gone out

2 tubs from the back yard sprayed, screened, rinsed & dried. (When the rest are done they will be repurposed in the cellar)

Dry Washing put away.

Downstairs tidy.

Bags packed for work tomorrow

Swimming stuff dealt with

Short, working day to do list sorted for tomorrow.

Good night all.

Wish.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Narc0lepsy
    Options
    Ionofan your lists always put me to shame. Best get well wishes for Mr Iona.

Felt a bit better today but keep getting a bad headache, not the best state to have my drum lesson!
    Cleared alien items from kitchen.
    Washed up anything which couldn't go in DW.
    Wrote a bit of a report.
    Unpacked newly-delivered huge box of sunflower hearts, mealworms and suet balls from bird food place. Refilled the bins we keep bird food in: main one in the conservatory, small one by my computer window in the study. Refilled all bird feeders.
    Picked up a couple of bits from Mr T.
    Still ploughing through 'to do' list from emails.
    Downloaded free books onto kindle ready to take away next week.
    Labelled up some items to be posted.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    Morning all

Just going to jump in the shower and get ready for the paid stuff. Not enjoying work at the moment, but I am having trouble with my underactive thryoid again and I am not sure if that's why. Doctor wants to increase my medication only very slightly and I am not convinced that will sort it.

House is reasonably OK, working to my own list this week. Mr T coming later, but quite a few things are for my boy to take to Uni on Sunday.

Catch you all later x
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning

Bracing myself for a long list day. DD needs picking up from small town this afternoon which has scuppered the plans a bit.

Bathrooms and our bedroom are top of the list, having watched the cobwebs blow between the lampshade and the window.

Back later. X
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport