Slimming Towards Summer - Slimming World support thread 2019

Options

Comments

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Caternina I assume you mean 2 tsp and not 2 Tbs of oil for 4 syns! 2 Tbs would be a whopping 12 syns:eek:.

Decided against beans on jacket at lunchtime and substituted it for cottage cheese. Will need to buy some more when I go shopping tomorrow, also going to need more quark and yoghurt, seem to have got through loads this week. Think it's probably because I made jelly just after we got home from holiday for puddings so had jelly, fruit & quark (yoghurt for DH) for a couple of days. Other days was just fruit and quark/yoghurt.

Denise
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind words of encouragement and wise takes on olive oil. If I have to be honest, I'd rather have a slower loss but good fats in my body (and my nutritionist friend agrees wholeheartedly).

Got weighed at hospital appointment, shock horror 92 Kg. But I've just got a hip replacement and hope that some of that is metal and stuff that make the new hip, heavier than bone. But no illusions, I really need to knock off a good chunk of fat to feel healthier. Not setting a goal, just taking it steady until I feel Ok. I felt (and looked) really well at 78 Kg even though the charts showed me as still overweight!

Had a nice lunch today, discovered online that the Rude Health buckwheat and chia crackers are 1 HEX B for 4, so I didn't have to syn them. Here's what I had:

Salad (lettuce, watercress, beetroot, red sauerkraut, 2 tsps oil) with smoked salmon. 2 buckwheat chia crackers. Followed by strawberries, cherries and 1/2 banana - it was huge! I feel really well.

So, lunch is 2 syns for oil, 1/2 HEX B for crackers.

Happy to keep syns and remaining HEXes for dinnertime and a little evening tv snack.

Have a good day everybody.
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • Caterina
    edited 17 June 2019 at 2:34PM
    Options
    Denise sorry duplicated my post, couldn't see the first one! Yes it's 2 teaspoons! Just a drizzle on salad and drizzle on salmon.

Possibly sausage chips ( sweet potato, oven baked) peas and broccoli for dinner. Are the Linda Mc rosemary and red onion still free? I hope so!
  • poundsinbucks
    poundsinbucks Posts: 1,400 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Caterina wrote: »
    Are the Linda Mc rosemary and red onion still free? I hope so!

Yes, those are still free!

Poundsinbucks x :)
    🥳🥳 SW -6st 3.5lbs 🥳🥳
  • Caterina
    Options
    Thank you poundsinbucks great to know!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Weigh in .... -4 lbs.

The week before I had lost 4lbs

So rather pleased x

Well done:j:j:j:j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all :D
    Well done SSM:T:T:T
    Well i put 2lb onnot bad considering the wedding last week and out this week:o but now i am top end of target, i need to be really good this week for a loss!!!
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    No consolation bubbs but I am also at the top of target.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Weigh in .... -4 lbs.

The week before I had lost 4lbs

So rather pleased x
    beanielou wrote: »
    No consolation bubbs but I am also at the top of target.
    Beanie :D
    I was excepting a gain so am ok with it, but want to loose a couple of lbs now i have my date for the op, as i wasnt too good before with anesthetic:(
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • sarymclary
    sarymclary Posts: 3,224 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Evening all,

Sue, really sorry to hear about hubbys progress. It must be tough having to see what he is enduring, and having the responsibility of caring for you both. Thinking of you & praying for an improvement.

Have had a mixed weekend plan wise. The pain has messed with my head, and I’ve been struggling to stay positively on plan. Had a few slips, but trying to limit them. Nonetheless I’ve been over syns each day, so got to try to focus and get back where I was. Two weeks ago I was so positive and happy about my fitness. I just need to get back there. I’ve hurt my knee now having over compensated for the back hurting on the opposite side. Deary me, if I was a horse they’d be planning to use me for glue!!

It wasn’t all bad as we ate out at Beefeater Saturday when on a road trip, and I had steak with veg medley and salad. Portions were really small though, very poor value for £. Then oh & I had a cinnamon swirl with our coffees from Costa drive thru on the motorway :eek:

I couldn’t even bend to get the salad out offer fridge for lunch today - so fed up with this silly back.

Meal plan:
    B - banana & passion fruit kvarg (1.5)
    Snack - nectarine
    L - chicken sandwich HEB & (6) lettuce
    Snack - oat snack bar - probably a good 10 syns in that bad boy!
    D - chicken, rice, salad leaves, carrot, lettuce, mushrooms & pepper

Tomorrow I WILL be better.

We had a new mattress delivered yesterday so fingers crossed it’s the miracle cure I need.
    One day the clocks will stop, and time won't mean a thing

Be nice to your children, they'll choose your care home
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family