Debt free Munchin!! Now to stay that way.....

Options

Comments

• Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thanks SSG - I had a lovely relaxing weekend. I went out for a birthday party and then ran a 5k on a gorgeous sunny Sunday. Legs are still a bit sore from it but that's what happens when you don't warm up or stretch before or after :o.

Today is pay day and thank goodness for that. All the money is sorted into the relevant categories on YNAB and hoping that I'm not having to rob Peter to pay Paul like this month.

I was at volunteering thing last night and I have another volunteering thing tomorrow night but I'm going to take leave on Thurs & Friday and then have the bank hols on Mon & Tues so tomorrow is my last day in work until next Wed :D. Plans this weekend are to attend a pub quiz with friends and family. Easter dinner with OH, my Mum and family and then just pootle round the coast and in the house on Easter Tuesday.

Eating front - counselling has gone amazingly well and now we are moving on to the body/appearance issues..... that should be fun. She is also gently asking me to reduce the amount of sugar I eat (which I secretly knew was her long term aim). I have a few wobbly days but rather than a month of wobbles it's now just a day here and there.

MY sister wants me and Mum to come on holiday with her this year which would be fun. OH is invited but I know it wouldn't be his cup of tea...if we go it looks like I will have to add more to the holiday pot but there isn't anywhere else I can make savings. I've decided to let sis sort it out as normally I kind of get involved and organise things but just going to sit back and what ever will be will be :D
  • Munchin
    edited 31 March 2018 at 1:39PM
    Options
    Update

Money - 27 March 2018

Groceries & odds - £[STRIKE]120[/STRIKE]/£120 left
    Diesel - £[STRIKE]90[/STRIKE]/£90 left

Surveys & Voucher (Additional income)

Swagbucks - 528 SB (999SB = £5 paypal)
    Receipt Hog - 18,972 coins (1500 coins = £5/ 2850 coins = £10/ 5300 coins = £20/12000 coins = £50)
    Topcashback -£3.54 payable / £0 pending
    Prolific - £12.02
    Travel expense (volunteering) - £60 pending

Weekly Spends

Fri 30th - NSD
    Sat 31st - £26.20 Mr Ts, £15 butchers & £22 Dog
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,681 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Grand Easter weekend on the horizon for you! I'm so pleased your counselling is going well and you are moving on to the next stage.

Holiday plans with your mum and sis look good ! Where do you think you will go?
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Munchin
    Options
    Morning

I had my adrenaline pumping this morning, a delivery man came to the door and I was in dressing gown and bare feet. Pup thinks all delivery men are intent on stealing the house from under his paws :) so was barking like a mad thing. What I didn't realise was that OH had gone out side door to garage and left it open so then when the delivery man got in his van pup was away out after him and trying to stop the big van by getting under front wheels!!! Yorkie vs van....mmnn I don't thing pup thought it through. I had to rush out in bare feet and rescue him. He's fine and the van is intact but my heart rate was up :D.

SSG - I'm still keeping head down with my sister's holiday plans. I'm not sure if it will go ahead as other sis is thinking about coming home for a holiday so we will maybe just go somewhere in the South.

I had an amazing therapy session this week.. I told her about my carp time in work which is really getting to me. It was great to reframe what is going on as I was thinking I was carp but finally it clicked that it is the carp environment and not me. Sometimes it takes an external person to make me see reality.

Money front - got paid woo hoo. Now do I need those nice work shoes that I saw in Clarks with the 20% off......this spending fast thing is a bit pants :o

Yesterday was my first day on leave and I managed to clean the house, do my mountain of ironing and put everything in order for the week ahead.

Plans today = mass with Mum at 3pm. Finish off typing some minutes then a nice glass of red with OH this evening:)
  • Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hope you had a nice day, Munchin. And glad the pup was okay! Our little one snuck out the back gate a couple of years' ago while we were bringing in the bins. She was running down the middle of the road, and it was a good job the bin lorry was there because it was holding up the traffic. She ran into a lady's arms and sat there quite happily have a cuddle!
  • Munchin
    Options
    Hi Lilith - honestly they would turn your hair grey (well mine is getting that way without help:o).

This morning has been busy and just about to make lunch and put feet up. I had to pop into big town to get pup his dog food, then a quick dash into Mr T & Butchers for groceries. Popped round to my Mum's and then my brother and wife popped in with flowers for her so made them all tea.

I ended up with my bored nephew so we went for a walk down to our local river with pup who found biggest mud swamp to swim in and then had to come home and give him a bath and hold him up so that he wasn't touching anything on way in.

Rang OH who is working and he was complaining about the shopping...OH would rather decide on the day what to buy for groceries which drives me nuts and isn't very MSE. He asked when are we going to eat all this food...I spent £26 in Mr Ts and £15 in butchers so I don't think there was much bought. Men!!

Long weekend ahead & 2 public holidays to enjoy if I haven't killed OH by then :D
  • Munchin
    Options
    Morning,

Happy Easter :EasterBun:easter_os and April Fools Day :)

OH is in bed with a hangover and I think a few more of my family members are doing the same :D. We were at a quiz night and it was a great night but towards the end the drink was in & the wit was out for some. Can you tell I was the designated driver?:)

I’ve already been to mass and now sitting with my coffee. I’m going to head to my Mums in a bit to help her with making lunch.

Money front - money is all sorted for April on YNAB but you will not be surprised to hear it’s another skint month. I need 3 new tyres and I’ve been putting it off for the last few months.

Plans today - help Mum with dinner and then have a lovely family meal.

Have a lovely Easter :)

• Munchin
    edited 2 April 2018 at 11:11AM
    Options
    Update

Money - 01 April 2018

Groceries/Eating out & Work - £[STRIKE]35[/STRIKE] per week/£35 left
    Diesel - £[STRIKE]80[/STRIKE]/£80 left

Surveys & Voucher (Additional income)

Swagbucks - 528 SB (999SB = £5 paypal)
    Receipt Hog - 18,972 coins (1500 coins = £5/ 2850 coins = £10/ 5300 coins = £20/12000 coins = £50)
    Topcashback -£3.54 payable / £0 pending
    Prolific - £12.02
    Travel expense (volunteering) - £60 pending

Weekly Spends

Sun 1st - NSD
    Mon 2nd -
    Tues 3rd -
    We!!!8217;d 4th -
    Thurs 5th -
    Fri 6th -
    Sat 7th -
  • Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hope you had a lovely family meal, Munchin.

I'm grateful for not being a heavy drinker anymore and not experiencing hangovers. I found as I got older that it took me a few days to get over heavy drinking rather than springing out of bed the next morning ready to do it all over again lol!
  • Munchin
    Options
    Morning,

Lilith- I remember drinking all hours during the week and walking into work early with no bother at all. Now I’d be wary having a glass of wine mid week. It can’t be our age ..it must be stronger wine now :o.

So sis appeared for dinner yesterday looking very green round the gills but she perked up eventually. Dinner was lovely and I came home with a Galaxy Easter egg and OH got me a Lindt bunny.

No spends yesterday and hopefully none today. The next few weeks shouldn’t be as spendy but then in week 3 I have OH birthday, Mum’s b’day and nephews confirmation. Sis in England is also planning a christening but I don’t have a date yet. Spendy, spendy, spendy. I saw that Frugal cottage is doing a cash month so I’m trying to limit spends on work, groceries & odds to £35 per week and use cash only.

Sis in law is doing a bootcamp at the moment and I said I would join her for the next one, it looks like I will be doing that come 20th April:). Hopefully it will get me back into exercising as I’ve been slacking recently.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure