Debt free Munchin!! Now to stay that way.....

Options

Comments

• Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ah, I love getting to the coast when I can, although our nearest is about 2.5 hours away :(

Hope you had a nice time :)
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 22 February 2018 at 6:21PM
    Options
    Update

Money - 22 Feb 2018

Everything else - £[STRIKE]150[/STRIKE]/£10.01left
    Groceries - £[STRIKE]100[/STRIKE]/£12.22 left
    Diesel - £[STRIKE]80[/STRIKE]/£0 left

Surveys & Voucher (Additional income)

Swagbucks - 528 SB (999SB = £5 paypal)
    Receipt Hog - 1419 coins (1500 coins = £5/ 2850 coins = £10/ 5300 coins = £20/12000 coins = £50)
    Topcashback -£9.69 payable / £7.59 pending
    Prolific - £9.52
    Travel expense (volunteering) - £13.20 pending

Weekly Spends

Sat - 17th- £1.35 parking
    Sun - 18th - NSD
    Mon 19th - NSD
    Tues 20th - £1.75 lunch
    Wed 21th - NSD
    Thurs 22th -
    Fri 23th -
    Sat 24th -
  • Munchin
    Options
    Morning :wave:

Normal service has resumed, feel better and work catastrophe has been averted :D.

I’m also back on the budgeting wagon. There were a few days last week I couldn’t be bothered recording my spends but I still did it in the hope my mojo would catch up. After today I have about £22 to keep me going to end of month (have therapy payment today).

I think a refreshing walk on the beach helped restore the balance:).

• Munchin
    Options
    Update

Money - 25 Feb 2018

Everything else - £[STRIKE]150[/STRIKE]/£5.01left
    Groceries - £[STRIKE]100[/STRIKE]/£12.22 left
    Diesel - £[STRIKE]80[/STRIKE]/£0 left

Receipt Hog - 1455 coins (1500 coins = £5/ 2850 coins = £10/ 5300 coins = £20/12000 coins = £50)
    Topcashback -£0 payable / £3.68 pending
    Prolific - £9.52

Weekly Spends

Sat - 24th- NSD
    Sun - 25th - £5 donation
    Mon 26th -
    Tues 27th -
    Wed 28th -
    Thurs 01st -
    Fri 02nd -
    Sat 03rd -
  • Munchin
    Options
    Afternoon all,

Hope you had a nice relaxing Sunday.

Pup has been a bit poorly and the house has a lovely bleachy smell to it, so that sort of sums up my Sunday. OH has escaped up to the pub for an hour but I don't mind as pup and I are just sitting in front of a warm fire.

Tomorrow is pay day ..Yeah!!! but the money has wee homes to go to and not much of it is loitering with me. I use YNAB which is brilliant but I've downloaded the budget app Wally (free) as I'm trying to stick to a really limited budget this month to cut down on the frittering.

It is going to be a really spendy the next few months as this week alone I'm taking a relative to the hospital in the city so I have to factor in parking and extra diesel. I have an appt with a nutritionist recommended by my therapist. I have 3 birthdays in March and 1 of them is an 18th. This then rolls into April birthdays which is my Mum, my OH and my nephews confirmation. Somewhere between the 2 months or maybe May are 2 communions. The birthdays and communions are all close family so I can't get away with just a card and money as there will probably be meals out. If I just keep the frittering down I should be ok. I'm pretty sure I have something to wear for all the events but for one I have an active role so not sure what I can drag out of the closet for that.

I have 1 day's leave this week which is good as it will break up the working week. I have signed up to 2 fitness classes at my local leisure centre. I didn't pay for full membership because I wanted to see if I will actually go to the class, so that plan is to see how I feel this week and if I go and enjoy them then I will sign up for a monthly pass which is £25 but that gets you all their classes, swimming pool and spa which can't be bad....if I use it. I've been struggling with anxiety again and I think the exercise is what keeps me on the straight and narrow which is why I'm trying out the classes.

Holiday news - I narrowed down my Maldives search and have contacted a travel agents to get costs etc. They have advised that they can only give me a rough estimate as I'm a bit early for 2019 but at least I'm taking steps to organise my dream holiday.

Plans this week are the same as every week...survive :D
  • Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good for you on organising your holiday! :D

Wow, you've got a lot of potential outgoings with the birthdays/communions. It's tough when it's close family and you can't really get out of it. Let us know how you get on with them :)
  • Munchin
    edited 2 March 2018 at 9:07AM
    Options
    Update

Money - 01 March 2018

Groceries & odds - £[STRIKE]120[/STRIKE]/£120 left
    Diesel - £[STRIKE]90[/STRIKE]/£50 left

Receipt Hog - 1690 coins (1500 coins = £5/ 2850 coins = £10/ 5300 coins = £20/12000 coins = £50)
    Topcashback -£0 payable / £3.68 pending
    Prolific - £9.52

Weekly Spends

Sat - 24th- NSD
    Sun - 25th - £5 donation
    Mon 26th - NSD
    Tues 27th -NSD
    Wed 28th - NSD
    Thurs 01st - NSD
    Fri 02nd -
    Sat 03rd -
  • Munchin
    Options
    Morning,

Very chilling morning with only a wee bit of snow. I’m on leave today as I’m taking a relative to hospital and then I have therapy at 6pm and volunteer thing at 8 pm so just hoping the roads stay clear.

Ok I’m setting myself a spendy challenge in March. I’m trying to limit my spends to £30 per week. Big shop for month is done so this should cover all spends except bills, diesel, gifts and therapy.

I saw nutritionist/kinesiologist yesterday and she suggested I pick up some rhodiola which is helpful for hormones and stress. I will have a nosy later.

Ok time to be a bit productive :)
  • Munchin
    Options
    Hi all

Staff are doing a 'weather watch' at the moment as they all want to go home but to be honest those that have the bad snow haven't made it in and the rest, including myself, have no excuse as the snow isn't that bad in our areas but God loves a tryer :).

I got a good email from Receipt Hog this morning. I'm one of their draw winners (nope not a clue they did that) and I've been awarded 200 piggy points so I'm finally over the £5 line ...sad I'm so happy :D.

Yesterday was really productive but at one point I was standing outside freezing cold as I promised I'd help my nephew with his football stuff. Hands were freezing but he was that pleased that I helped so it was worth it.

Volunteer thing was cancelled last night so at least I only have 2 sets of minutes to do this week. Still kind of hoping my volunteer meeting will be cancelled tomorrow.

Ok time to pootle on with some work.
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi Munchin - just catching up with your diary. You’ve a bit of a spendy month ahead but I’m sure you’ll manage to keep your costs down - you usually do!

Good idea on testing out the gym first to se if you’ll use it regularly. I know quite a few people who have joined a gym then don’t go and find they’re locked in an expensive contract.

:eek: to the football in this weather!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income