Debt free Munchin!! Now to stay that way.....

Options

Comments

• Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Afternoon :hello:

So today was a great example of my urge to fritter but thankfully stopped. I got my haircut this morning and then went for a run but just didn't feel it so to make up for the short run I thought I would dust of my exercise dvd and give that a go. I put the disc into my small/tv dvd player which is ancient but does the job. The disc player part wouldn't work and straight away I thought that it's time for a new tv/dvd player. After giving myself a mental slap I went onto You tube and found a similar painful workout :o. I never use the workout dvds as I prefer running and my yoga class which is why I then went to OH as he is always ebaying stuff and put my 2 workout dvds in his pile to sell. The cheeky sod did suggest putting in the description comments that either they were never used or didn't work :D:o.

Haircut sorted for probably another 8 weeks and I need to corner my sister as the grey is really making an appearance now. I did say to her once that I was just going to let it go naturally grey but she was so against that - wee sisters are very direct.

I can't believe this is my last day on leave, the week has gone by so fast it is ridiculous. After my activities this morning I had a much more leisurely afternoon by finishing all my ED homework (for those that don't know I am recovered from an eating disorder but have been seeing a therapist since Sept to help with a few issues). I also did some Swagbucks and surveys so have built up a few more points.

OH is making tea but he popped out to go to the local shop about 30 mins ago & hasn't come back. I'm not being suspicious but I suspect the call of Guinness has pulled him into the pub :).

Plans tomorrow include volunteering at a running event and then helping sister with a birthday party... not looking forward to the volunteering part but the birthday party should be fun.

• Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well done on resisting the fritter! I was recently looking at going to yoga classes but it would cost about £40 a month if I went once a week. Then I thought there's plenty of yoga routines on youtube...I can just light some candles and burn some incense sticks if I want a bit of ambiance :D

It sounds like you've been doing well with your therapist? I start seeing a therapist tomorrow. It's not my first time of being in therapy (not sure what that says about me!), but I want this year to be one where I really demonstrate self-care so I'm determined to work through the stuff that's been holding me back :)
  • Munchin
    Options
    Hi Lilith, i’ve joined gyms in the past and they are expensive and bore me to tears. I like your cheap and cheerful candles:).

I hope it all goes well with your therapist tmw. I saw 1 a few years ago & she was nice but to be honest she didn’t help me but this time round the therapist has been in the same boat as me & that really helps. She takes no excuses and expects any homework done each week ...but it has worked for me. Sorry for ramble but just saying that it can take a few goes to find the right therapist :).
  • Lilith1980
    Options
    Hi Munchin. i definitely agree that the right therapist can really help. Having a therapist who has been in a similar situation can help too as they can really relate to what you're going through.

I saw this therapist just before Christmas for an "introductory chat" type thing, and I really liked her because she asked questions and didn't just sit there nodding her head :)
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hope your OH finally re-appeared Munchin!:rotfl:

And here’s to a lovely birthday party as well!:bdaycake:
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Munchin
    Options
    Thanks SS - he was exactly where I predicted :). Volunteering part was good but I'm so glad it's over. Birthday party was great and my brother turned up with his wee ones to have fun on the bouncy castle.

I took Mum to mass this morning and I normally switch off during the priest's sermon :o but today was so relevant as he was talking about modern society and our mental health. It brought home to me OHs mental health and reinforced that we all have to have a good work life balance. I get the super duper early train in the morning and also the late train in the evening and I work flexi so to help with my work/life balance I either need to go to work later or leave earlier or the 3rd option is to use my flexi for leave. This is easier said than done but I know I'm nearly always the first person in and the last person to leave.

Money front - I stopped at Mr Ts yesterday for the odd thing and ended up spending £17.70 and then after the b'day party OH asked me to stop at local shop and spent another £5.50. I also spent £35 on diesel but that should last me almost 2 weeks.On the plus side we have enough in the freezer and cupboards to keep us going quite a while with only a top up on the necessities needed.

I also set up new savings account with limited access and from next month that is where the Maldives money is going.

Watching Columbo with a nice cup of tea and that is really the excitement for Sunday
  • Munchin
    edited 11 February 2018 at 10:08AM
    Options
    Update

Money - 06 Feb 2018

Everything else - £[STRIKE]150[/STRIKE]/£92.74 left
    Groceries - £[STRIKE]100[/STRIKE]/£15.04 left
    Diesel - £[STRIKE]80[/STRIKE]/£45 left

Surveys & Voucher (Additional income)

Swagbucks - 484 SB (999SB = £5 paypal)
    Receipt Hog - 1384 coins (1500 coins = £5/ 2850 coins = £10/ 5300 coins = £20/12000 coins = £50)
    Topcashback -£7.12 payable / £8.12 pending
    Prolific - £7.66
    Travel expense (volunteering) - £5.60 pending

Weekly Spends

Sun - 04th - NSD (2)
    Mon 05th - NSD (3)
    Tues 06th - £9.25 Asda & £12 lunch
    Wed 07th - NSD (4)
    Thurs 08th - £2.50 (Mr T)
    Fri 09th - NSD (5)
    Sat 10th - £28.95 (Asda)
  • Lilith1980
    Options
    A work-life balance is so important. I do the usual 9-5 so I guess that's not so bad, but I'm aware I need to make more time outside of work to do things which help my mental health. Work takes up so much of our time so it's nice to reward ourselves, and it doesn't necessarily have to cost money (going for walks in the country etc).
  • Munchin
    Options
    Evening,

Work life balance hasn’t quite worked out. 15 colleagues including most of my staff are sick with the flu, so I wasn’t home until after 7 tonight again. I can’t believe how many are sick at the same time and 3 had to go home today...so hoping I don’t catch it. Once they are back in work I will concentrate on sorting out the balance:).

I went out to lunch with a friend yesterday and it was great to catch up and to clear my head from the work madness.

Meal prep & work stuff sorted for the morning
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    You must be tired out Munchin. I hope they all recover soon.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport