* Rocking around the Christmas Tree * - It's the 2018 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    TREASUREQUEEN sorry to hear things are no better but you sound like you’ve got exactly the right attitude. It’s just a shame things can’t be nicer for you. I like your reed diffuser ideas too.

I tend to start reading Christmas novels around November time but I must admit I’ve already watched all my recorded episodes of Kirstie’s Handmade Christmas from last year (twice) and at least four Christmas films that I recorded last year and we’re not out of September yet!
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • alja
    alja Posts: 838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Treasurequeen - thank you! I work near a Wilk0, so I'll try to pop into the store tomorrow and see if I can find any. I want to put a couple by in our stash.

I did order some Dairy Milk Christmas tree chocolate bars (the big bars that have tree shapes on them with milk and white chocolate). I bought 6 from Wilk0 online to collect (they're 75p with them which is a good price it seems) and will put these in my friends' gift bags for Christmas.

They have some little £1 panettone cakes too, but they're out of stock at the moment. Once they're back I think I'll add these to their bags too (to join the caramac buttons and the salted caramel jar candle I have put in there too).
  • HappyLassie13
    Options
    Not sure if this has previously been mentioned but my local h0m3 bargains has milk chocolate oranges for £1... finally saw them somewhere.
    I ordered a few gifts last night and split the payments over 3 months so it's not so much to pull out all at once.
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,310 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    TQ chin up lass xxx

alja caramac buttons? Where did you find them please?

Nice to see you Mrs I,I missed you.Nice to see everyone,I love to hear Christmassy plans.

I don't have the patience to watch films but I have been browsing pinterest for christmassy ideas.

Vx
     :
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Nice to see everyone.
    Free- MrT has the gingerbread matchsticks in for £1. They are nice, but not as gingery as I'd like.

I'm still avoiding the shops with Christmas stuff in. I want to enjoy walking round them. And til towards the e d of October, I am in fall/Halloween mode. I just love pumpkins, the colours of Autumn etc. I know it's seems silly as I love Christmas and I'm here talking about it all year. But I want to look forward to that Christmassy feeling I get from walking round shops or driving around and seeing all the lights. I'm worried it's getting so early it doesn't make it as special come December. I'm all for shopping early to get bargains, that's why I do it all year. Not sure how long I can avoid it all through, my local Tesco were clearing a big space they usually have seasonal stuff in. The lady on the checkout said it was for Christmas stuff.
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • StokieBecks
    Options
    Always think I am doing well on the gift front but then write down what I still need to get and think it feels I am not getting anywhere :rotfl: Also thought I was doing well on the budget front this time too haha.

Shopping trip tomorrow with my mum so hopefully can get a few more bits ticked off.

13 weeks until Christmas Eve :T :T
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Always think I am doing well on the gift front but then write down what I still need to get and think it feels I am not getting anywhere :rotfl: Also thought I was doing well on the budget front this time too haha.

Me too!

Although the other night i did dream I saw some 'colour me in' Disney bags that were on a great offer and I really wanted to buy for DN or someone(s) but was standing wracking my brain who I could get them for as I'd already bought most of my presents.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• VintageHistorian
    Options
    vulpix wrote: »
    alja caramac buttons? Where did you find them please?

I've seen Caramac Buttons in my local large Tesco. Down the sweet aisle (rather than the rack they'll put at the end of the aisle), there should be a section for bags of sweets (Minstrels, Malteasers, M&Ms, Rolos) and Caramac buttons are normally around that area :)
    "You won't bloom until you're planted" - Graffiti spotted in Newcastle.

Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind - Doctor Who

Total overpayments in 2021 - £901.28!
  • Treasurequeen
    Options
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    Sorry to hear things are no better treasurequeen your neighbours sound frankly horrible and are due a good dose of karma. Sending you hugs a plenty.

Your reed diffusers sound amazing, I have always resisted them as I can imagine our cat either knocking them over or brushing past and leaving them all furry but I'm coming round to the idea of them as they always smell so nice.

i have a cat, i only use natural ingredients: distilled water, vodka and essential oils that are safe for cats. As some essential oils can make them ill. I have a list somewhere of the oils to use and avoid for pets. I put them high up if i can and so far havent had any spills.
  • Treasurequeen
    Options
    I need some help and inspiration please: I am doing a hamper for my parents, so far I have got:
    - luxery Belgian chocolates
    - organic raspberry jam
    - organic red onion chutney
    - luxery italian cheese and onion cracker bites
    - lemon drizzle biscuits

i will buy nearer the time: christmas cake, pate, meat marinades, christmas pickle.

what else can i put in the food hamper i have a budget of £40.00 for the hamper?

thanks xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport