Travelling On

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oof, I bet it was, especially as your brother died so recently :( Scouse is such a popular accent, I don't have any trouble hearing it :D though it can be done *so* badly. I'm just watching Film Stars Don't Die In Liverpool, with Julie Walters, Annette Bening and Jamie Bell, and they're doing *really* well.

Cat is still alive, and happy, friend was doing really well and interested in my recent experiences on preparedness and finances, so I'll be able to share lots of detail with her as well as nattering like crazy for the last 3 hours :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Boy oh boy. Network Rail and Lloyds Bank have conspired to make this day *so* stressful for all three of us:
    - problems on Merseyrail, different train needed to London.
    - problems outside Euston, delayed another 30 minutes. We need to return to Euston by 1510, the clock is already ticking.

- guy we were supposed to see for identity checks, at 1pm, is ill, so meeting cancelled. No one at the KX branch has the authority to do the checks. No meeting room is available. No chairs available in the foyer till very late in the day. No apology forthcoming until we started to talk about turning up in good faith.
    - running, literally running, back to KX to get the tube up to Camden, that branch has someone available. They say they will see us immediately we arrive. We need to get my brother to Euston for the 1510, the fare costs are already astronomical.
    - that man isn't there, but someone else is, and we run through the ID checks. She asks the right questions, but mumbles them to her computer. She ignores most of our documents, and only checks our passports, that bit is fair enough, but odd.

- She's puzzled as to why we've arranged this appointment so suddenly. We haven't, we all say, to which I add, we're coping with a problem created by Lloyds Bank. If a staff member is ill, apparently, a central unit is supposed to phone that person's appointments and find other branches to take up the slack. We've been living on our phones the whole day, because of transport and appointment issues, and no one has tried to contact us.

- the guy we're supposed to see will see us now. We tell him about our 1510 deadline too. My brother isn't used to London connections, and doesn't believe we'll make it, but I used Camden tube for 10 years, and I know we can. He's too stressed to hear me.
    - this was supposed to be about ID, but this guy suddenly says he needs to see the death certificate and the probate. These were certified by the bank branch on Merseyside, but the guy says they had no right to do that, he has to see them, while we're seeing him right now. Thanks to gods and little fishes, my brother has brought them. Crisis over, we think.
    - but this guy piles on the final agony by telling us that since our mother was also a customer of Lloyds Bank, it is necessary that we have her bank details. Of her account that was closed in December 2016, by me. Eruptions, they've gone too far, and each of us is ready to sue them within an inch of their corporate marketing strategy. He suddenly remembers he can fill that in later, without us being there.

I remind the guy of how much we're trusting them, they have copies of all sorts of our documents, and we literally run to the tube station with nothing at all in our hands to confirm we've had these meetings. If they decide to continue playing dirty, we're stuffed.

We made it to Euston in enough time that we could get my brother a cuppa tea for *immediate* consumption.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    What a dire day for you all.
    I have no faith in them sadly as they shredded without consent a friends late DH's will.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,536 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    OH my - what a faff with the bank!
    :mad::mad::mad:
    Sorry the three of you had such a trying day!
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Thank you both!

Beanie, very sorry to hear of your friend's experience :( that's horrendous. And probably illegal.
    RT, yep, it was bad for all three of us - I had it easiest, because my journey was within London, it didn't take me long at all to get back here. Acting like a zombie, of course :)
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    :mad::eek::mad:

Hope the day hasn't any health repercussions for you KC. At least it's done but I don't see why it had to be done in London with you all present in the first place?
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Thanks gally! We were told its their version of identity fraud precautions - we all had to be in the same room at the same time to go through the identity documents. London was actually the most convenient place for us all to meet, once we analysed all the stuff happening over the next 4 weeks, astonishingly enough.

Thanks for your thoughts on the health repercussions too. I feel okay today, tired but okay. I'm actually sore from the running - we ran a *lot*. I'm going out to lunch today, which is good, cos it'll get me out of the house, but that's it :) The fatigue builds up over days, but it didn't come back in Norway, where I was much more tired than I am now, so it shouldn't come back here, as long as I get a bit more sleep soon.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Enjoy your lunch :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 18 September 2018 at 4:29PM
    Options
    OH, KC, what a truly horrendous day you and your siblings had:eek:. It reminded me of those horrible dreams where something just has to be done by a certain time but everything conspires to stop it happening. The sort of dream where you wake up in an agitated state. I dream very rarely, well probably do but never remember my dreams and they aren't usually disturbing. The few I do have are the kind I've just described. Poor you had to experience it in real life. I'm so glad it had a happy ending with your brother catching his train and you not feeling too fatigued. Imagine having to run through the streets:eek:. Very remiss of Lloyds to have made such a hash of things:(. I'm not a fan of Lloyds, they've caused me a lot of grief over the years through their ineptness (is there such a word?) and generally just being unhelpful:mad:

Well, I've a good result to report:j. I claimed my YouGov payment last Tuesday and it had arrived in my bank account during last night:eek:. They say it can take up to 4 weeks so I'm gobsmacked that it took barely 7 days.

I hope you've had a nice lunch and are making plenty of time to rest and catch your breath after your manic Monday. Chilling out with the cats seems like the perfect stress-buster:beer:
  • beanielou
    Options
    Great result carbootcraxy :j :j

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback