The Happiness Fund.

Options

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 11 October 2019 at 7:28PM
    Options
    Thank you so much Jenny Jukes. Mental note to self to get garlic bread and chips to stop me wasting money like this again. :beer::j

Hello Pinky, yep we will be doing the same thing at half term I am sure. :xmastree:

The Chinese was lovely but boy I am so cross at wasting so much money on it. I am planning on going to the supermarket for a good healthy shop tomorrow.

OMG someone just bid £35 on the cross dresser. OMG someone actually wants it!!!! I will get a clear kitchen again.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • savingwannabe
    edited 13 October 2019 at 6:36PM
    Options
    Right the heating was on for ages this morning house is boiling.lol.

Plans for this weekend are:

[STRIKE]Dust crossdresser as it is almost sold on fleabay.[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Vacuum and mop hous[/STRIKE]e
    [STRIKE]Clean bathrooms[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Tidy up[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Writing two big lessons[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Cancel Sky mobile[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]sort redelivery of post office[/STRIKE]
    Rest

Ps I love the fact that there is a new bank offer but I don't have an account to switch to it. But it is great that they are bringing them back.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yay to the crossdresser selling!

Dxxx
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Yes hurrah it has raised £35 which will go to savings.

I've been working all all day and am rather proud of myself.

I have taken a gamble and borrowed £95 from my Christmas Fund & purchased a smaller dining table for upstairs. Im hoping my parents will collect it for me in two weeks and it should create some space upstairs. :beer:

My plan is to sell my larger dining table when the next fleabay offer appears and then I can pay the borrowed money back. :o:rotfl:
  • JennyJukes
    Options
    Productive weekend you've had!
    Single woman doing it on my own... First house bought June 2021!
    Mortgage end date: 2041. Goal: Anything less!
    Mortgage currently paid off: 4%
  • savingwannabe
    edited 13 October 2019 at 9:15PM
    Options
    Hello Jenny hope you are having a good weekend. I am now ready to get rid of my large table but the fees will be high so I am praying for a seller offer. Please let there be one in the next month. I cant use facebay as I don't want anyone at work to know as they will make snide comments.

This decluttering malarkey is quite fun.
  • JennyJukes
    Options
    I know the feeling, I have some things that never sold on gumtree and I don't want to post on FB because colleagues will see the tat I have and I feel I will look desperate for money... Also because I find people heckle you a bit more there and gumtree is a bit more anonymous until you get to the person you are actually willing to sell to.

I have computer equipment, curtains (and rails), a TV stand and straighteners I can't quite get rid of. I have resorted to covering the TV stand with the curtains and using it as a table.. :rotfl:
    Single woman doing it on my own... First house bought June 2021!
    Mortgage end date: 2041. Goal: Anything less!
    Mortgage currently paid off: 4%
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    That's called initiative Jenny. I didn't think of gumtree. I forgot. I could list the table on there without any fees. I might do that later this week.

I just realised I have blown my no spend month as the newer table cost £95!!!!!! Yikes. :eek::eek:

Nothing else, nothing else. I will be good. I will be good......:o:o:o:

Have a good week all.
  • pinknsparkly
    Options
    Yeay on the cross-dresser sale!!

I second Jenny's suggestion of gumtree - it's fab for buying second hand household stuff. We furnished virtually our entire house through a combination of gumtree and freecycle :D I have no experience of selling on it though...!
    MFW2023 challenge #99: £1090.11 / £1,000 MFiT-T6 (Jan 2022 - Jan 2025) challenge #99: Reduce mortgage to £400,000. Current balance = £413,551.19 Initial MF date (23rd Aug 2022): Sep 2051 Current MF date: Jul 2051 Last updated: 15/06/2023
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I have the day off tomorrow and cancer research are collecting charity bags. So I am finding all the left over carboot nice things that I can donate to them. I have lots of jewellery, nice clothes etc that will definitely sell. I love decluttering. :j:j:j:T
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure