PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

No viewings on house 4 weeks...

Options

Comments

• quantumlobster
    Options
    Get the Estate Agent to fix the description, for a start.
  • walwyn1978
    Options
    No floor plan puts people off. The 4 bed in the link I incorrectly posted is cheaper, so I’d assume price
  • Oxon
    Oxon Posts: 198 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I’d ask your agents to add a floor plan as a starting point
  • Mr.Generous
    Options
    Full description on right move …

ge, accessed from rear. Property has undergone much recent improvement, and benefits from a newly fitted roof amongst its many upgrades.

If ge is garage then get it re-written and photograph added. It has a new roof? But no photo.

Rooms look nice and big, 6 seater dining table fits for example, kitchen and bathroom look ok. I don't know prices in your area but give it a couple more weeks and get the listing updated as above. If no interest it must be price.
  • Sibz
    Sibz Posts: 389 Forumite
    Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Quick glance at the market info - the other 3 bed properties listed near you are all around £80k asking price.

I'm not familiar with the area... but what makes your property worth about 20K more than those? If you can't answer that (or make it show on your listing) then you may need to reduce your price...
  • Mr.Generous
    Options
    Just realised its a 3 bed, but only pictures of 2 bedrooms. Any reason for that?
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    What are people buying look at the SSTC properties.
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No floorplan, photos are pretty shoddy (why are the blinds closed in the front bedroom?), streetview link takes you down the side street rather than the front, description needs proofread. But nothing majorly wrong other than maybe the price.

And listing says it went up on 25 January, which isn't 4 weeks ago - was it on before that?
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 12 February 2019 at 11:43PM
    Options
    The picture quality is shockingly bad and does no favours at all.
    The kitchen pic put me off, at first glance there doesn't seem to be a window, needs a careful look
    No pic from end of kitchen looking out.
    No pictures of the rear courtyard
    No pictures of third bedroom
    Is there a garage ?
    No floor plan.
    Why is there so much furniture in the bedrooms and so many beds? If you don't need them, move it out, if you do need them, move out for pictures. .
    Why is it a "town house? Is that what they are called locally or just posh speak for a terraced house? Round here (south) town houses are three storey minimum usually.
    Just a pet hate of mine, take that "love" sign off the wall before taking the pic.
    There seem to be some considerably bigger properties nearby for 10% more with gardens garages and pictures of those.
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    70k IMO, but sometimes people just stop buying houses, demand isn`t that tight that everything has to sell, this is probably one of the worst times in a long time to be selling.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure