PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

No viewings on house 4 weeks...

Options

Comments

• babyblade41
    babyblade41 Posts: 3,934 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm not understanding this"wrong time of year" ethos.

I have just sold personal property number 17 and numerous commercial, investment and anything in-between , houses sell if they are presented and priced right.

Admittedly December and very early January are a little slow but not stagnant.

If you aren't planning on staying long term ie 10 years then anything you have spent on major renovations of a reasonable standard you can't add that onto the original price plus natural inflation

This is my last property before assisted living `( if `I get that far !!) and for once on a total modernisation, I can finally have what I want and beggar the cost as this time it's for me

I will end up with a 3 bed detached on a huge plot but with a massive kitchen as this is what I love, no en suite as there are only 2 of us.. lovely bathroom but only one upstairs .. down stairs loo and for once no magnolia... I can go off the scale with my decor as this time it's for me.

Houses sell but at what price then only vendors know what they need to move on and if they need more than there house is worth then they could wait a while
  • MalcRH12
    Options
    Personally I think there are not enough photos and the property looks too dark. The kitchen looks a bit dated in the photo and the ceiling isn't doing it any justice either. The laminate flooring isn't the best quality by the looks of it too. Get some light in the rooms before taking better and more photographs and reduce the price
  • ProDave
    ProDave Posts: 3,742 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Rubbish kitchen fitter, put WM and tumble dryer right where boiler pipework stops them going in all the way so they stick out.

What are you afraid of across the other side of the road, i.e why photograph the bedroom with the blinds shut?

If there is a garage and garden people will want to see it. On a street like that, off road parking is useful.
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 20 February 2019 at 10:36PM
    Options
    Well, the OP has dropped the price but done nothing else
    Hasn't made a single change to their rubbish advert.
    No new pictures, no changed pictures, no floor plan, no change to garbled wording.
  • MalcRH12
    Options
    And still probably no viewings
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    AnotherJoe wrote: »
    Well, the OP has dropped the price but done nothing else
    Hasn't made a single change to their rubbish advert.
    No new pictures, no changed pictures, no floor plan, no change to garbled wording.

IIRC they went from £100k to £95k last time now £94k

a week ago in post #50 I said
    I think you need to consider seriously spending the time and effort to do some staging and promoting your house as the best there is on the market to try to generate some interest

With the work that has been done you should be able to get a price above the rest that have yet to be upgraded.

Or

accept you just want it sold and price to sell, which looking at the current SSTC will be under £90k as that is where people are buying.
    as the OP seems to be taking the second approach it needs to be £90k and take offers.

also last week we had
    1mile 3beds 4+
    0-80 14/03 1/0
    0-90 20/07 1/2
    -100 30/08 4/2
    -110 38/16 4/2
    now

0-80 14/02 0/1
    0-90 18/08 0/3
    -100 28/10 3/3
    -110 36/19 3/3

People are buying.

£80k this 4 bed got added and SSTC

£90k looks like this one may have been added by the same sloppy agent
  • markin
    markin Posts: 3,849 Forumite
    edited 21 February 2019 at 8:49AM
    Options
    If a 4 bed is £98 then i would say a 3bed is more like £88, the back yard is important, and for me sadly parking would strike it off the list altogether unless i could walk to work. Clearly no visitor parking, i see fighting over spaces, and max 1 car per home.

And who visits a house before doing a google street look, its on the page, and clearly shows the parking problem. And many areas have yet to recover from 2008.
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    Options
    All of these can be fixed by price, eventually, but they need to get someone in the door before they get an offer, and only dropping the price is a very expensive way to do that when one day to rectify the decorating, staging and photo issues may tempt a viewer who would otherwise be uninterested in looking until the price became stupidly low.
  • Soffee_ox
    Options
    Hello we have now reduced to £94 000 still working on moving furtnite etc into other bedroom and painting our freshly plastered hall and landing white.
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    Options
    What's the point in dropping such a small amount? Especially before changing the pics? Surely you should do the pics first, then drop if no interest? :think:
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport