PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

No viewings on house 4 weeks...

Options

Comments

• Soffee_ox
    Soffee_ox Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    1A533B7A-5EB9-4249-ADE7-9307379B8779
  • Soffee_ox
    Options
    That photo of the fence isn’t a picture it’s just where I have zoomed in on the email to screenshot the new pictures 🙂
  • Soffee_ox
    Options
    Thanks for your feedback

The front of our oven is mirrored & the fence isn’t a picture it’s just where I have zoomed in to screenshot from the email I was sent. So much happier with the new photos and hope it finally brings in some viewings the new price we are going with is £89950.
  • Soffee_ox
    Options
    Does anybody have any advice on estate agents ? The new agent doesn’t want to go ahead with rightmove until the old listing is removed which I am finding it a nightmare to get the current estate agent to do I am calling all the time to be told the manager will call me back which he never does. They told me it has only been on 5 weeks so why do I want to take it off and they can’t force someone to buy it. I have never signed any form of contract from them so where do I stand ? Will they charge ? Thanks
  • babyblade41
    babyblade41 Posts: 3,935 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Just one more thing and I am picky but I can't see on the floor plan the dimensions actually on the floor pan if that makes sense.

I only say as I like to see the actual measurements... maybe I am picky !!!
  • Soffee_ox
    Options
    Yes Thankyou I had no idea what I was doing ! Thanks
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,117 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    As I said ages ago, I think you need to come down to the next level in Rightmove to attract people searching up to £90k.

As to EAs - there are plenty of houses on RM with two agents so just tell the new one to get it up there.

Obviously there's little incentive for the original one to take it down but I don't really get that you have no contract. How did you instruct them in the first place? If you really signed nothing then I'm not aware of EAs acting on oral contracts but perhaps an EA can clear that up. Are you sure that you didn't sign anything?

I would write them a letter and post it, telling them you are terminating any agreement or contract with them and requesting they take down the listing immediately.
  • Soffee_ox
    Options
    Yes I am sure I have not signed a single thing he came to the house took photos and then put them on rightmove . Never had contact since unless i
    Called them. I have rang several times to ask how many hits our house was getting on rightmove they didn’t know if they could do this ?
    They didn’t put our property in the window or on there own website to advertise. They are a small independent estate agents. I’m not sure if they are doing everything by the book as the new estate agent made us sign a contract, got the ball rolling with solicitor so we are ahead if we get a buyer and has organised for an EPC ASAP.
    I’m not sure I’ve never sold a house before but could tell the difference in professionalism between the two. 🤷🏻!♀️
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Can`t see the link.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts