PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

πŸ—³οΈ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

No viewings on house 4 weeks...

Options

Comments

• Soffee_ox
    Soffee_ox Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    http://https://www.onthemarket.com/details/6546734/

Yippee got 3 viewings in the space of 4 days 😁😁
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    https://www.onthemarket.com/details/6546734/

Wow, that bedroom and kitchen will now sell your house! What a drastic difference. You may get away with that kitchen ceiling/light as many forget to look up when they're viewing. Make sure the light is on - ie don't turn it on or it'll do that flashy thing they do and draw attention to it. Still a tiny bit of improving that could be done, but that now looks fabulous!

I seriously had to go back to my last notes as I couldn't see what possibly could have been wrong with it last time. Small but effective improvements.

Well done, and thanks for listening to everyone and taking stuff on board :D

Good luck! Crossing fingers!
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
  • artyclarty
    artyclarty Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Couldn't agree with hazyjo more! Done an absolutley stunning job here.

Here's to hoping these views translate into offers :dance:
  • s_glover
    s_glover Posts: 653 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes I am sure I have not signed a single thing he came to the house took photos and then put them on rightmove . Never had contact since unless i
    Called them. I have rang several times to ask how many hits our house was getting on rightmove they didn’t know if they could do this ?
    They didn’t put our property in the window or on there own website to advertise. They are a small independent estate agents. I’m not sure if they are doing everything by the book as the new estate agent made us sign a contract, got the ball rolling with solicitor so we are ahead if we get a buyer and has organised for an EPC ASAP.
    I’m not sure I’ve never sold a house before but could tell the difference in professionalism between the two. ����!♀️

Good luck with your viewings.
    One word of caution...you mention the new estate agent got the ball rolling with a solicitor, was this one they recommended or one your chose independently? You are best off getting quotes from several solicitors and deciding which you chose to go with. This way the solicitor is independent and working for you, not for the estate agent.
  • Soffee_ox
    Options
    We actually have to use the solictior recommended by the new build company we are using which I didn’t realise but they pay the fees! Thanks though for your advice .
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    Options
    We actually have to use the solictior recommended by the new build company we are using which I didn’t realise but they pay the fees! Thanks though for your advice .
    Would definitely have used an independent solicitor, even if it meant paying extra fees.
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
  • s_glover
    s_glover Posts: 653 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    hazyjo wrote: Β»
    Would definitely have used an independent solicitor, even if it meant paying extra fees.

Me too
    The solicitors fees would be a small price to pay for assurance in what is a very large purchase.
  • Slithery
    Slithery Posts: 6,046 Forumite
    edited 15 March 2019 at 5:13PM
    Options
    No. You really don't.

The EA would like you to use their recommended solicitor because they will be on the their side, not yours.

The solicitor you choose should have your best interests as their primary motivation, not be concerned whether or not rocking the boat will lose them a massive contract. If this means paying yourself then so be it, it's definitely worth the extra security on what will be the biggest purchase of your life.
  • Soffee_ox
    Options
    I mean the the house we want is a new build currently getting built when we went to the sales office she said we use their appointed solicitor as they pay Β£750 towards the fees.
    New to all this as never sold a house before.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I mean the the house we want is a new build currently getting built when we went to the sales office she said we use their appointed solicitor as they pay Β£750 towards the fees.

We understand.

It's your choice, but some of us would not agree to that. We'd want a fully independent legal person to examine the contract and title documents, not someone who's in the pay of the builder.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport