NatWest £125 switch incentive

Options

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 January 2018 at 9:36PM
    Options
    At the moment if someone pays money into my Halifax account it does end up in my First Direct account, I'm just concerned that this behaviour might stop if I switch to yet another account.

I guess my other question would be is there a limit to the amount of times you can do this? Say I switched 6 times, would money paid into my original Halifax account make it into my final account for the 3 years promised by the switch guarantee?
    In theory, the cash should find it's way to a 'live' account. However, I wouldn't want to test the theory!

Surely you don't have all that many people paying into your accounts? Just let them know you're now with First Direct.

But a suggestion...since the NatWest incentive T&Cs are so favourable, why not open another account somewhere else and switch that to NatWest? Then hang around at FD until you qualify for the £100 leaving present.
  • Happenstancing
    Options
    In theory, the cash should find it's way to a 'live' account. However, I wouldn't want to test the theory!

Surely you don't have all that many people paying into your accounts? Just let them know you're now with First Direct.

But a suggestion...since the NatWest incentive T&Cs are so favourable, why not open another account somewhere else and switch that to NatWest? Then hang around at FD until you qualify for the £100 leaving present.

That's a good idea, I hadn't thought of opening another account purely to switch from, I will do exactly that, thank you!
  • LuSiVe
    LuSiVe Posts: 1,059 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    harz99 wrote: »
    My apologies, yes you need the account number as well. Some of us have received all three of Account No./DC/Pin in three envelopes on the same day, I wrongly had it in mind that had happened to you as well.

As B_G_B says you could ring them or maybe wait and see what tomorrow's post brings first.

Yeah, I was hoping to manage without having to call them :)

My switch is supposed to complete on Wednesday so if I don't have an account number form them by then I'll give up and call!
  • anna42hmr
    anna42hmr Posts: 2,844 Forumite
    Options
    well todays my switch day so fingers crossed all goes ok. tried logging into yorkshire bank account but when i do states no accounts under that customer number, so looks like may all be in motion. have had a couple of emails from natwest in process and received a letter from yorkshire confirming they had a switch out request so fingers crossed seems to be going ok so far.
    MFW#105 - 2015 Overpaid £8095 / 2016 Overpaid £6983.24 / 2017 Overpaid £3583.12 / 2018 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2019 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2020 Overpaid £2583.12/ 2021 overpaid £1506.82 /2022 Overpaid £2975.28 / 2023 Overpaid £2677.30 / 2024 Target: £1800, £572.15 overpaid as at March so YTD = £355.88 Total OP since mortgage started in 2015 = £34,178.29
  • philng
    philng Posts: 801 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Applied for 4 switches for self/wife son & daughter around 10 days ago.

1) Accounts Open
    2) Switch due today
    3) All initial online banking log on completed

Last part is the £1500 credit.

QUESTION: If I switch the £1500 will I need a card reader to switch back out or can it be done without?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    philng wrote: »
    Applied for 4 switches for self/wife son & daughter around 10 days ago.

1) Accounts Open
    2) Switch due today
    3) All initial online banking log on completed

Last part is the £1500 credit.

QUESTION: If I switch the £1500 will I need a card reader to switch back out or can it be done without?

If you have a debit card and PIN, you can move the money back out using a card reader issued by another bank. Alternatively, you can download the Nat West mobile app and use that to move up to £250 per day without card/PIN/card reader. You could thus move your £1500 back out over 6 days.
  • ToTo_Man
    ToTo_Man Posts: 126 Forumite
    Options
    It appears my switch from Clydesdale B to Natwest Reward has completed today (which is the day I requested), as the balance has transferred and my B account no longer shows in Clydesdale online banking. None of my direct debits are showing up in NatWest online banking, however I suspect these might not show until they have actually paid out for the first time from the NW account, is that correct?
  • clivep
    clivep Posts: 577 Forumite
    Options
    If you have a debit card and PIN, you can move the money back out using a card reader issued by another bank.

According to other posts this only works if you have ordered a NatWest card reader and waited a couple of days for their system to register that you've applied for one. Another bank's reader then works pending delivery of the NatWest one.
  • clivep
    clivep Posts: 577 Forumite
    Options
    ToTo_Man wrote: »
    None of my direct debits are showing up in NatWest online banking, however I suspect these might not show until they have actually paid out for the first time from the NW account, is that correct?

Other posts have confirmed that this is correct.
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    clivep wrote: »
    According to other posts this only works if you have ordered a NatWest card reader and waited a couple of days for their system to register that you've applied for one. Another bank's reader then works pending delivery of the NatWest one.

And probably best not to pay the £1500 in and take out on the same day as that seems to generate a fraud team flag, leave a few days between or do the smaller amounts over several days if you can.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure