Bulb Energy Reviews: Give your feedback on the energy supplier

Options

Comments

• Chinatree
    Options
    All set for switch to Bulb on 22nd November. . . email telling me my gas supplier objects. Spoken to British Gas who resolved the matter for both gas & electricity and everything good.
    Another email from Bulb telling me my electricity supplier objects. Spoke to British Gas again, to be told there are no objections on the account and they are aware Bulb will take over on 22nd.
    Another email from Bulb telling me that my electricity switch has been cancelled by my supplier. Phoned British Gas again to be told there are no objections on my account.
    I phoned Bulb. After a 10 minute wait I am told my gas switch has been objected and my electricity is ok???. . . complete opposite to what it shows in my Bulb account.
    I'm beginning to wonder whether the switch will be worth the effort, as so far, the customer service from British Gas has been excellent. Wish I could say the same for Bulb :mad::mad::mad:
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    On a positive note, welcome to MSE ;)

We've been waiting patiently for 6 years since you joined us for you to make your inaugural post.

Now you've broken your duck, lets hope it's the first of many. :)
  • ybeltrikov
    Options
    I am also having some uneasy experience with switching to Bulb. I seems that they are trying to bite more than they can chew.

Requested the switch about a month ago and Bulb took over the electricity on 27 October but having issues with switching gas.
    Apparently, the gas meter is registered incorrectly on the National Database. Having spoken to a Bulb customer service in early October they suggested switching with the incorrect address and then amending the address which was fine to me. Now they are showing in my Bulb account that they are my gas provider and took the full direct debit (for both electricity and gas) and I found out that Bulb failed to do the switch.
    They were unaware of this till I called them today. Contrary to what I was told previously, they sent me to my previous supplier to amend the address and get back to them.
    I feel that it takes more time and efforts than it should. I am seriously re-considering my decision to switch to Bulb
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ybeltrikov wrote: »
    I am also having some uneasy experience with switching to Bulb. I seems that they are trying to bite more than they can chew.

Requested the switch about a month ago and Bulb took over the electricity on 27 October but having issues with switching gas.
    Apparently, the gas meter is registered incorrectly on the National Database. Having spoken to a Bulb customer service in early October they suggested switching with the incorrect address and then amending the address which was fine to me. Now they are showing in my Bulb account that they are my gas provider and took the full direct debit (for both electricity and gas) and I found out that Bulb failed to do the switch.
    They were unaware of this till I called them today. Contrary to what I was told previously, they sent me to my previous supplier to amend the address and get back to them.
    I feel that it takes more time and efforts than it should. I am seriously re-considering my decision to switch to Bulb

Bulb obviously got cold feet. I had a similar database problem with my old supplier and Octopus successfully took over the supplies using the incorrect address information. This has since been corrected. Having said that it is possible, it is worth checking that meter serial numbers first.
  • ybeltrikov
    Options
    The gas meter serial number and MRPN were checked several times and are correct. It is the postcode on the National Database what is wrong.
    Moreover, when I called it took about 10 minutes to get them on the phone. Even EDF Energy were faster
  • margaretx9
    Options
    Richie7 wrote: »
    If you have a simple set-up as I imagine most people do, it looks to be quite a smooth process.

However any kind of Economy 7 / multi-meter setup, i'd be wary if i'm honest.

I have an economy 7 meter set up so perhaps best avoided then. Has anyone else had a successful/smooth economy 7 switch with bulb?
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,499 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    margaretx9 wrote: »
    I have an economy 7 meter set up so perhaps best avoided then. Has anyone else had a successful/smooth economy 7 switch with bulb?

Yes - absolutely no problems.

Unlike Scottish Power who refused to accept I had E7 for about 9 months!
  • margaretx9
    margaretx9 Posts: 212 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 12 November 2018 at 9:45PM
    Options
    fatbelly wrote: »
    Yes - absolutely no problems.

Unlike Scottish Power who refused to accept I had E7 for about 9 months!

I saw earlier in the thread you had to send them details of your two meter numbers and there were issues in supplying meter readings for the two meters (day and night rates)? Presumably that wasn't an issue for you?

I suppose I have nothing to lose by trying - and there is a £100 referral switch offer on at present which is nearly double my current monthly bill for my flat!

Thanks again for the reassurance.
  • Chinatree
    Options
    Chinatree wrote: »
    All set for switch to Bulb on 22nd November. . . email telling me my gas supplier objects. Spoken to British Gas who resolved the matter for both gas & electricity and everything good.
    Another email from Bulb telling me my electricity supplier objects. Spoke to British Gas again, to be told there are no objections on the account and they are aware Bulb will take over on 22nd.
    Another email from Bulb telling me that my electricity switch has been cancelled by my supplier. Phoned British Gas again to be told there are no objections on my account.
    I phoned Bulb. After a 10 minute wait I am told my gas switch has been objected and my electricity is ok???. . . complete opposite to what it shows in my Bulb account.
    I'm beginning to wonder whether the switch will be worth the effort, as so far, the customer service from British Gas has been excellent. Wish I could say the same for Bulb :mad::mad::mad:

I would like to retract my comments re Bulb and British Gas.
    After 5 phone calls to British Gas it turns out that the problems are down to them, NOT Bulb. Sorry Bulb :embarasse:embarasse:embarasse
  • Pieman63
    Options
    I have switched from EDF to bulb energy in September this year. My payments have suddenly jumped from £117 permonth to £190 per month. Our energy uage has not changed. How can I get out of this deal. The Cheap Energy club site says a switch is still going through.
    Thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure