Bulb Energy Reviews: Give your feedback on the energy supplier

Options

Comments

• pineapple
    pineapple Posts: 6,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    nubian wrote: »
    Maybe instead of encouraging everyone to get on the switching merry go round of ever diminishing returns for the ever increasing hassle and effort. MSE should be pioneering an end to the cartel like operation of energy firms and giving the regulator a new brief of properly monitoring the wholesale market and allowing price movements only when they are independently verified as genuinely reflective of what really is going on and are fair in both directions up and down.
    I've switched 3 times now and each time there were varying degrees of hassle. I still don't think I got a proper refund of my credit from one particular supplier. Imo the switching system is unnecessarily cumbersome and yes it's a merry go round. It's not just about price either. There are two suppliers I wouldn't touch with the proverbial barge pole - as cheap as they might be - going by my previous experience with them
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Whats the point in continually switching

Welcome to moneysavingexpert.com :hello:

As the name implies, this site is all about saving money ;)
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,511 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I switched from British Gas about 6 months ago to Bulb, since then there have been two price increases from Bulb and now MSE says we should be switching to British Gas!!

Maybe instead of encouraging everyone to get on the switching merry go round of ever diminishing returns for the ever increasing hassle and effort. MSE should be pioneering an end to the cartel like operation of energy firms and giving the regulator a new brief of properly monitoring the wholesale market and allowing price movements only when they are independently verified as genuinely reflective of what really is going on and are fair in both directions up and down.

It just like the rigged petrol/diesel market where we are at record high pump prices when oil is nowhere near the record high barrel prices of a few years ago. I am fed up of being fleeced by all the energy companies both for motoring and domestic home use.

I want to see MSE challenging these inequities rather than encouraging into this ever spiralling switching culture.

It's about saving money. Until electricity and gas are nationalised again, Martin likes to point people towards paying less. For me, Bulb is still pretty cheap,has good customer service, and I get the occasional referral fee. I'm sticking.
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    So far Bulb have been excellent, only with them 2 months so far. I sent them an email which was delayed in being answered so the gave me a £10 credit.

Unlike OVO which has lost one of my MIL's gas meters from the system so I can't give them a reading. Continual problems for the last year, waiting to change to bulb when I have more history with them.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Richie7
    Richie7 Posts: 77 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I sadly have not been impressed with Bulb so far.

They "forgot" to switch over one of my parents electricity meter's, despite sending them an e-mail saying everything was switched over and dealt with.

It actually took Scottish Power to contact my parents to tell them they were still supplying some of the electricity to the house. I have no idea how something like that can even happen.

Bulb apologised and rectified the problem, but I'm keeping an eye on how they go. There customer services also seem to be based abroad, and they are very slow to reply to messages. And slow on Twitter also.
  • Trace-T
    Trace-T Posts: 44 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I was extremely impressed by how quick and smooth my dual fuel switch from EDF to Bulb went.

I didn't have to contact my old supplier at all as I've had to in the past. All completed with no hassles or problems with either provider. Bulb kept me fully informed along the way.

I used a recommend a friend link and we both got £50 credit added to our accounts.
    Get an email each month before payment is due, and a prompt to upload my own meter readings to avoid estimates being used automatically. Nice easy to use mobile app to keep track of your account and to upload your own readings.

Very happy so far.
  • Richie7
    Richie7 Posts: 77 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you have a simple set-up as I imagine most people do, it looks to be quite a smooth process.

However any kind of Economy 7 / multi-meter setup, i'd be wary if i'm honest.
  • beardiedog
    Options
    Trace-T wrote: »
    I was extremely impressed by how quick and smooth my dual fuel switch from EDF to Bulb went.

I didn't have to contact my old supplier at all as I've had to in the past. All completed with no hassles or problems with either provider. Bulb kept me fully informed along the way.

I used a recommend a friend link and we both got £50 credit added to our accounts.
    Get an email each month before payment is due, and a prompt to upload my own meter readings to avoid estimates being used automatically. Nice easy to use mobile app to keep track of your account and to upload your own readings.

Very happy so far.

Agree. No problems at all switching over from Octopus, their customer service has been excellent so far.

There are a couple of cheaper suppliers for me but I'll probably stay with them now :)
  • beardiedog
    Options
    Welcome to the forum.

You're not allowed to post referral links here, there's a separate referral board for that purpose, you need to edit it out I'm afraid or the powers that be will remove your post :)
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well Bulb for me are £100 a year dearer than Eversmart on a consumption of 5800kWh pa. And they are a variable tariff, which I have never seen go down!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback