Bulb Energy Reviews: Give your feedback on the energy supplier

Options

Comments

• joe134
    joe134 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    edited 24 October 2018 at 8:15AM
    Options
    Mister_G wrote: »
    Well Bulb for me are £100 a year dearer than Eversmart on a consumption of 5800kWh pa. And they are a variable tariff, which I have never seen go down!
    I cannot recall any tariff go down, or likely to:(
    If Corbyn gets in, svr will be the only tariff !
    All tariffs will be equal, but some more equal than others.
  • tsbl2000
    Options
    Switch went well, without difficulty. Communication is excellent and it is easy and quick to submit meter readings and review account. Our a/c went into significant credit due to our over estimating usage and when I queried it with Bulb, suggesting a lower payment, rather than the tariff increase scheduled, they agreed without hesitation and effected the amendment to my preferences immediately. So far (5 months in) I am very impressed.
  • TLaz
    Options
    If you are still with Bulb, or thinking of switching to them, be aware of the huge price hike coming on 11th November - the third this year.

I was with them for a year, and have only ever witnessed price hikes, despite emails saying how often they have reduced prices.

Switched to Peoples Enegy for now.
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Joined Bulb in September, all went well. Did have a surprising email from them saying that, despite my giving all the correct previous energy usage the monthly DD should go up from £60 to £80. Had I known this I would not have switched as its the same as I had at OVO. Still I'll stay with them and will up the DD when it looks as if the payments are not enough.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,504 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Joined Bulb in September, all went well. Did have a surprising email from them saying that, despite my giving all the correct previous energy usage the monthly DD should go up from £60 to £80. Had I known this I would not have switched as its the same as I had at OVO. Still I'll stay with them and will up the DD when it looks as if the payments are not enough.
    Yes, Bulb do give you a lot of control over your d/d.

Try to get some referral payments in and keep your d/d as it is
  • Xxxxxxxxxx
    Xxxxxxxxxx Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 7 November 2018 at 12:12AM
    Options
    Very disappointed with this firm. Looks like says it is a lot cheaper then despite having a year’s information about previous useage, decides now it is winter let’s whop prices up by about 40 percent, because as i was told you use more in the winter and we are only a month into having heating on so how much more are they going to whop it up. Advise extreme caution if you change to them. We as pensioners are very disappointed and have missed out on a great deal by British Gas on fixed prices. Second increase since we joined and really can’t see why this one is so big very worrying as looks like they keep increasing prices, we are now looking for a better deal with a fixed price.
  • Xxxxxxxxxx
    Options
    Have done the same to me but whopped it up from £80 to £113 am looking for a better fixed deal.:(:(:(:(:(
  • pineapple
    pineapple Posts: 6,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I am currently switching from PFP to Bulb following the end of my fixed E7 deal. I have been kept well informed throughout by Bulb and so far everything is going smoothly.
    I made the decision to switch on the basis of Bulb's latest price hike and they were still cheaper than many. Not the cheapest, but the cheapest also had poor customer service records.
    I'm daring to believe that this could be my first hassle free switch! :T
    I'll post on the Referral Links once everything has gone through.
  • WillieCEng
    Options
    Switch went smoothly, no problems since, bills easy to understand & excellent communications
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Xxxxxxxxxx wrote: »
    Have done the same to me but whopped it up from £80 to £113 am looking for a better fixed deal.:(:(:(:(:(

What do you actually mean by fixed ??
    Unit costs fixed or fixed cost any usage /
    Plenty of fied unit price deals on comparison sites .
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback