IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Bw legal portswood car park, southampton

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 7 August 2020 at 1:16PM
    Options
    I will add it to the next edit of the NEWBIES thread soon!

EDIT - THERE IS NOW A TEMPLATE DEFENCE (TOP OF THIS FORUM).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Mahershalalhashbaz
    Mahershalalhashbaz Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 14 June 2019 at 2:24PM
    Options
    CEC16 wrote: »
    Had a call from BW legal on Friday last week, asking me if id recieved their "offer" to pay £170...and had I given it any further considertation....
    CEC16 wrote: »
    TODAY, home from work, and a letter has arrived.
    Its Headed
    GENERAL FORM OF JUDGMENT OR ORDER In the Southampton County Court
    Claim number XXXXXXXX
    Date 10th June 2019
    Britannia PArking group ltd, T/A Brittania parking 1st claimant REF XXXXXXX
    MY Name 1st Defendant Ref
    Before District Judge Taylor sitting at the County Court at Southampton London Road Southampton IT IS ORDERED THAT
    The claim is struck out as an abuse of process

Presumably BW Legal were aware that their claim had been struck out when they nonetheless approached the defendant for £170 to settle the case. This would seem to take abuse of process to a whole new level.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,337 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Presumably BW Legal were aware that their claim had been struck out when they nonetheless approached the defendant for £170 to settle the case. This would seem to take abuse of procedure to a whole new level.

Gosh, are you suggesting that [STRIKE]the scamlicitors [/STRIKE] this upstanding legal company were acting in an underhand manner?

Perish the thought.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Presumably BW Legal were aware that their claim had been struck out when they nonetheless approached the defendant for £170 to settle the case. This would seem to take abuse of process to a whole new level.

No doubt .... but, we are talking about BWLegal here and NOT professionals by any stretch
  • Mahershalalhashbaz
    Options
    Fruitcake wrote: »
    Gosh, are you suggesting that [STRIKE]the scamlicitors [/STRIKE] this upstanding legal company were acting in an underhand manner?

Perish the thought.
    beamerguy wrote: »
    No doubt .... but, we are talking about BWLegal here and NOT professionals by any stretch

As I look forward to my day in the same court to defend myself against a claim relating to the same car park, this thread provides useful insights into those bringing the case against me.

It does seem an indictment of the justice system if such underhand activity by BWLegal should go without sanction.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 7 August 2020 at 1:17PM
    Options
    As I look forward to my day in the same court to defend myself against a claim relating to the same car park, this thread provides useful insights into those bringing the case against me.
    Best of luck!
  • CEC16
    CEC16 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Just a little update, still no response from the SRA, in fairness they do have a few days left to be able to reply. In the meantime I have contacted BW Legal, Under the GDPR rules I have requested a copy of every singl;e piece of correspondence they have sent me, The details of my Account, and a list of every phone call they have made, answered or not. Not sure what exactly Im going to do with this yet, any ideas :)
  • CEC16
    CEC16 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Another update

Got another General Form of judgement or order in the post today

it reads

Before His Honour Judge Iain Hughes QC sitting at Winchester County Court at Winchester, The law courts, Winchester

UPON reading the file

This is an application to set aside the order of the District Judge Taylor dated 23rd May 2019
    The order was made on the initiative of the court. The Claimant did not attend and is entitled to apply to have the order set aside.

This and any similar applcations are to be listed before a full time district judge, sitting at Southampton time estimate 30 minutes, first open date.

Dated 16th July 2019

So, what does that mean?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 July 2019 at 6:44PM
    Options
    Firstly, I am not a lawyer.

But it looks to me that His Honour Judge Iain Hughes QC has decided that the 'abuse of process' Order, see post #10 above, should not have been made.

It also suggests that similar Orders, possibly others in Southampton and those in Newport IOW, should also be set aside.

I don't know what you should do about it though.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 7 August 2020 at 1:18PM
    Options
    This and any similar applications are to be listed before a full time district judge, sitting at Southampton time estimate 30 minutes, first open date.
    Keep us updated.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure