Flight delay compensation, all other non-EU airlines

Options

Comments

• rachel_owl
    Options
    With huge apologies if this has already been covered, I can't seem to find appropriate contact details to make a complaint/claim to Malaysia Airlines (MH). If anyone has successfully claimed with Malaysia, please could you let me know what contact details you used?

The claim refers to a flight from London Heathrow, which was delayed by more than 7 hours.

Many thanks for your help, and apologies, again, if this has already been asked. I've searched for quite a while and been unable to find the right info.
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    rachel_owl wrote: »
    With huge apologies if this has already been covered, I can't seem to find appropriate contact details to make a complaint/claim to Malaysia Airlines (MH). If anyone has successfully claimed with Malaysia, please could you let me know what contact details you used?

The claim refers to a flight from London Heathrow, which was delayed by more than 7 hours.

Many thanks for your help, and apologies, again, if this has already been asked. I've searched for quite a while and been unable to find the right info.

From a google search....
    http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/us/en/contact.html/

Put UK and then London in the drop down box.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • rachel_owl
    Options
    Many thanks, Tyzap. I did this and it gives me the address for the reservations office on Cromwell Road. Is the best place to direct complaints? And have other users had success in doing so?

Thanks again for your help.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    And have other users had success in doing so?

If you search this thread I think there is only one poster that has had a case against MH but they have not been online since 2013
  • rachel_owl
    Options
    Ok, thank you both for your help.
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Many thanks, Tyzap. I did this and it gives me the address for the reservations office on Cromwell Road. Is the best place to direct complaints? And have other users had success in doing so?

Thanks again for your help.

As Caz has said, there is a lack of previous posters about Malaysian and, therefore, not much information.

I would give that address a try and I would not delay in doing it. They are in pretty serious financial difficulties following on from the two recent disasters they have suffered.

I think this is one airline name that will disappear in the future, as that name is synonymous with the two tragic incidents.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/business/malaysia-airlines-technically-bankrupt-chief-5803028

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Jess1512
    Options
    Hi,

Upon leaving the UK (non eu airline) i was delayed approximately 2 hours due to the aircraft being used being delayed on the previous flight.. Although this was under 3 hours i consequently missed my connecting flight (outside of the EU). I was placed on another flight which resulted in me getting to my final destination (Outside f the EU) 18 hours late. Does anyone know if I am able to claim any money e.g. compensation, or taxes from the flight. I was also changed to a cheaper flight when i flew the next day.

Thanks
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    need more details what airport did you fly from and which airport did you arrive at? What airline did you fly with? what was your original arrival time at your destination airport and what was the actual time you arrived? What was the reason for the delay?
  • iggy12a
    iggy12a Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Hello, I am just about to start a claim in the small claims court against Malaysia Airlines. We were booked to fly from London to Krabi via Kuala Lumpur. The connection time was only an hour in KL, but it was an official connection, the ticket having been booked directly with the airline on their website. I had been checking the Malaysia Airlines arrivals guide on the web, and every day the flight from London would arrive between 30 minutes and an hour late. Sure enough, we were 40 minutes late into KL. There was no actual reason for the late arrival; they just did not seem to have allowed enough leeway in their schedule. We were met off the plane and told we were being put on an afternoon flight, some 7 hours later. Consequently we arrived in Krabi about 7 hours after the booked arrival time.
    Malaysia Airlines are using the same defence as Emirates, that they only believe the EU legislation is applicable for the EU to KL sector and consequential delays for flights out of KL to another destination are not covered.
    The CAA are still awaiting a response from Malaysia Airlines, some 4 months after the CAA made contact.
    I have therefore decided to start legal action in the small claims court. What I am unsure of though is, what rate do I use to convert the 600 Euros into sterling for my claim? Is it today's rate? Can I use a rate from back in January 2015 when I first lodged my complaint against the airline, and would therefore have received a much better amount in sterling because of the fall of the euro against the pound? If I have to use today's rate, can I additionally claim for the loss in value of 600 euros, compared to the rate back in January?
  • Justice13075
    Options
    Did you have one ticket from London to Krabi via Kuala Lumpur or did you have 2 seperate tickets one from London to Kuala Lumpur and then one from Kuala Lumpur to Krabi?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback