Kantar - Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel

Options

Comments

• Misslayed
    Misslayed Posts: 14,180 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You can use them to buy gift cards for other shops that don't take them in Wilko.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Primrose wrote: »
    t can,t find anything I particularly want to cash them in for.now I'm in decluttering mode !
    Pizza Express, Cafe Rouge, Patisserie Valerie - find one in your nearest town and treat yourself/someone special to a meal.
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
  • libra10
    libra10 Posts: 18,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Debenhams and Bon Marche also take them.
  • HomingPigeon
    Options
    I spend mine in Iceland, mostly on frozen food but they also sell cooked meat, fresh fruit, fresh vegetables, bread and groceries.
  • dobbiesloan
    dobbiesloan Posts: 2,211 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I save them then spend them at Argos. This week I have bought a hot-air firer, a suitcase and a wireless keyboard & mouse.
    GONE ENGLAND
  • mrselliott
    mrselliott Posts: 66 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've been spending mine in Iceland and putting the money I would've used on one side. Also used in Boots to buy birthday presents when they have offers on.
  • EssBiem
    EssBiem Posts: 39 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    EssBiem wrote: »
    Hey all. Just an update almost 2 months on.

If anyone feels like doing this survey, expect to spend months and months of sending these fake SMART tokens back to kantar, and not much else.

The guide says the training SMARTS would be for "the first few weeks". Its now been 14-15 weeks!

As much as I like sending these letters for no reward (since the first) should i be taking offence they seemingly think i'm too slow to continue onto the live sending?

How long did everyone else have to endure the training period?

An update to an update. Seems it's come to fruition. I got this from Kantar:

"Hello, You have successfully completed the first phase of the Royal Mail Survey sending test items back to our premises at West Bromwich. In the next phase panellists send ‘live’ test items which feed into the data we provide to Royal Mail. The survey has to meet specific quotas and we will assign a panellist to a live slot only when we have the best possible match between their postcode and the wider requirements of the survey measurement in that area. While we wait for such a match to be available where you live we will pause your participation and get back to you as soon as we can. Meanwhile, you are now eligible to take part in our short-run Royal Mail Correctly Delivered Survey, and we will be in touch when it is next taking place in your postcode area. You’ll find more information in the ‘Survey Guides’ section on Postal Platform."

Took them a good 5 days to reply. I can'ty be bothered to question them, but this is essentially thanks for doing training smarts for 16 weeks, you are now frozen out of the programme.

It's a good thing I enjoy squandering my time on this earth.
    Competition Hobby start date 12/4/18

2018 Wins: Thorntons personalised plaque. Goodreads Novel. £10 freebirthdaylottery survey draw.
  • need_an_answer
    need_an_answer Posts: 2,812 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    EssBiem wrote: »
    An update to an update. Seems it's come to fruition. I got this from Kantar:

"Hello, You have successfully completed the first phase of the Royal Mail Survey sending test items back to our premises at West Bromwich. In the next phase panellists send ‘live’ test items which feed into the data we provide to Royal Mail. The survey has to meet specific quotas and we will assign a panellist to a live slot only when we have the best possible match between their postcode and the wider requirements of the survey measurement in that area. While we wait for such a match to be available where you live we will pause your participation and get back to you as soon as we can. Meanwhile, you are now eligible to take part in our short-run Royal Mail Correctly Delivered Survey, and we will be in touch when it is next taking place in your postcode area. You’ll find more information in the ‘Survey Guides’ section on Postal Platform."

Took them a good 5 days to reply. I can'ty be bothered to question them, but this is essentially thanks for doing training smarts for 16 weeks, you are now frozen out of the programme.

It's a good thing I enjoy squandering my time on this earth.

16 weeks that's a long time.

I was doing it for 7 weeks a year or so ago and emailed them about incentive stamps as I wasn't getting them,which they then sent

I hope you have been receiving your stamps,if not go back and point out that whist you may not have been on the active panel you have certainly been posting.

This time I was invited back to the panel I got the dropped email 2 weeks after restarting.

Now in limbo waiting for possible offer back
    in S 38 T 2 F 50
    out S 36 T 9 F 24 FF 4

2017-32 2018 -33 2019 -21 2020 -5 2021 -4 2022
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I hope you have been receiving your stamps,if not go back and point out that whist you may not have been on the active panel you have certainly been posting.
    You are only supposed to get one set of incentive stamps for your entire training period - mind you it shouldn't be more than 4 to 6 weeks - 16 weeks is ridiculous :exclamati The "train and then get put on the back burner" thing is irritating but they presumably overbook training to allow for people who drop out after a week or two of training and those who drop out after a week or two of going live. I've also known them announce that and then suddenly send a live posting pack the next month - there's a phrase about organisation skills and beer production plants that is often appropriate.

The good news for EssBiem is that they have said you are eligible for Correctly Delivered - which does not require you to leave the house to earn the vouchers so if you get an invite for that - grab it!
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
  • need_an_answer
    need_an_answer Posts: 2,812 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    NBLondon wrote: »
    You are only supposed to get one set of incentive stamps for your entire training period - mind you it shouldn't be more than 4 to 6 weeks - 16 weeks is ridiculous :exclamati The "train and then get put on the back burner" thing is irritating but they presumably overbook training to allow for people who drop out after a week or two of training and those who drop out after a week or two of going live. I've also known them announce that and then suddenly send a live posting pack the next month - there's a phrase about organisation skills and beer production plants that is often appropriate.

The good news for EssBiem is that they have said you are eligible for Correctly Delivered - which does not require you to leave the house to earn the vouchers so if you get an invite for that - grab it!

When I did it for 7 possibly 8 weeks I sent them an email and was given an extra set of stamps.
    in S 38 T 2 F 50
    out S 36 T 9 F 24 FF 4

2017-32 2018 -33 2019 -21 2020 -5 2021 -4 2022
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills