The Happiness Fund.

Options

Comments

• bobobski
    bobobski Posts: 771 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    Oh dear, I'd give you a hug if I could SW! Do you have ice cream in the house? The one good thing about having an iffy throat is that it's a great excuse for ice cream, which is like a hug when there's no person around to hug you :D
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 March 2017 at 3:43PM
    Options
    All I have done since this started it eat. lol. I am looking like a round ball at present. lol.

Deciding what to do today. I might clean my little loo room. It's just a loo and sink and I hardly use it. But it does get full up with the mop bucket etc and it needs a tidy out. I have done stage one and will go back to do another clean in a bit. Throat is not in pain and I can whisper a bit which is good.

I wish I was rich. There was a program about how people became rich on tv last night. One was a plumber one was a child who won beauty contests in america. They were living in a luxurious way with private planes and all sorts. I don't want to be that rich just enough to have free time and go out and shop without worrying.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    I know what you mean SW, I keep saying I wish I could win the lottery ... only thing is I don't buy a ticket so not much chance of that :rotfl:
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    edited 14 March 2017 at 9:56PM
    Options
    Me too.

I haven't bought anything on fleabay for a while. The two pound Monopoly game was a couple of weeks ago from G@mtree. I am cottoning on at last.

EU court has agreed that people with headscarves could lose jobs. I think I am going to wear a hat as a protest on my first day at work (whenever it is). I don't like headscarves personally but live and let live. It's a slippery slope. How long before they start asking people to wear a star on their arms?

Do you ever think about retirement Skint Yet Again? I have a part time pension and that's it. If I keep my job (a big 'if' at the moment) then I am facing a salary cut anyway. I am going to have to seriously consider renting a room out for income and saving it I think as I can't think of anything else to raise money. Once the cupboards come down in the spare room I could move all my clothes into one room so I can get the spare room ready. Maybe a project for the summer holidays?

Has anyone here ever rented a room out? I might have to contact Worried Jim for advice. He was really good at it. He used to work for a takeaway wonder if he knows how to cook Chinese properly? lol

Right, time to plan for tomorrow.

3dogs is helping me with a survey. I'm going to dr's & then I am going to do some work from home.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Done survey. Susan is taking me to town to the drs. Weather has cheered up. hurrah. :j
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,569 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 15 March 2017 at 4:15PM
    Options
    Hope you get on ok at the doctors SW.

I always thought I'd retire at 60 on my part-time work pension and state pension but now I have to work until 68 to get a state pension. :( At least if you rent out a furnished room in your home you can receive up to £7500 tax-free

Lovely sunny day here too - I'm going to put some washing out now
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    edited 16 March 2017 at 1:20PM
    Options
    Hello gang and thank you to the great advice by PM.

I will definitely consider doing it after the summer when I have sorted my rooms out. I am just waiting to see if I will get better and I hope I can keep my job.

I have been signed off for another two weeks. I just have to rest my voice. I felt so down yesterday so Susan drove me to the boys and they all really looked after me and cheered me up. I ate them out of house and home and they are still talking to me. lol.

It is really foggy here. Today:
    [STRIKE]1) sort bins
    [/STRIKE][STRIKE]2) do washing and hang out on line
    [/STRIKE]3) [STRIKE]clean oven door [/STRIKE]- this vanish malarkey is great. First clean in 8 years and it looks much better. Not spotless but much improved. Am gobsmacked. It only took seconds. :j
    4. I have a button I could sew maybe.

Just purchased a foundation, brand new at a reduced price from fleabay. £12 is great. This is an essential for work. I haven't compromised on MAC yet.

My life is so exciting isn't it????? lol
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Well done on cleaning the oven door SW :T Which product did you use ? The only bit not clean on my oven is the door !

Sounds like you had a lovely day yesterday, isn't it nice when friends cheer you up x

Living off savings diary
  • savingwannabe
    edited 16 March 2017 at 5:40PM
    Options
    It's Astonish in a pot. It's a pound from poundshop.

I have been asleep with bad hypo. I think I did too much this morning. I am taking the rest of the day off. lol. Sunshine glorious outside here. :j

I have been waiting for my switch to take place of my current account but nothing has happened. I hope it has started now I clicked a new button. This current account switching is more difficult than it looks.

I'm watching Hoarding. OMG>
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I am not going to get the £125 till next month I don't think. Darn it would have come in useful for paying off my other credit card bill.

Right no more excess spending. I can justify MAC foundation at a cheap price on ebay and also spending money on one of my dear friends for a meal but that's it. No more eating out. Paying it off on time and early has been really stressful. New me I must be assertive and say no to people.

The only cinema I am going to now is free pictures with 3dogs and the boys. And no meals out unless they cost under a tenner.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure