Delivery rights discussion

Options

Comments

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    babsywabsy wrote: »
    The tracking information from Very starts with 25/11/12 order being processed by Shaw then dispatched from warehouse Shaw, same date. Then added 0n the 27/11/12 collected by Royal mail.

Right,so with that you can now bounce back to Very for an explanation
    Their own tracking shows their failure
    I think you need to be realistic on response times
    Its a big company,so you need to wait on replies
  • babsywabsy
    Options
    Thank you for your help Custardy. Ellie at Very has now ignored me twice with an explanation as to why it says Special Delivery guaranteed next day. She says that it is not guaranteed!
  • custardy
    Options
    babsywabsy wrote: »
    Thank you for your help Custardy. Ellie at Very has now ignored me twice with an explanation as to why it says Special Delivery guaranteed next day. She says that it is not guaranteed!

it would never have made it going by their own tracking
    It cant arrive on the 26th , if it isnt collected until the 27th
  • babsywabsy
    Options
    Exactly and I wouldn't of waited 3 days.
  • matty_art
    Options
    Just to share a tale, I managed to get £150 from Argos for multiple cancelled deliveries and 1 failed deliveries over a period of several months.

Eventually I had to write to the CEO of Home Retail Group to get satisfactory response (because their stock system that the call centre people see is terrible, and claims there is stock only to be cancelled the day before the delivery).

So lesson is, it's well worth persisting and remember to escalate (I was actually buying furniture for my first home so it caused quite a lot of stress and inconvenience).
  • ian666
    ian666 Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi
    The old adage says” if it looks too good to be true itprobably is”

I purchased an iPad, advertised as new, from ebay using a seller with over189000 sales and over 99% positive feedback
    (Ecell_accessorize)
    The price was very good at £50 less that the Apple store. Problem came with delivery. 1 to5 working days by Royal Mail SD was promised. It is now 10 working days since Iordered and paid for the item but still not arraived.:mad:
    Emailed the seller 3 times asking for a tracking number, butthey keep telling me that due to volume of sales they don’t have time to inputthe tracking numbers.
    I could have bought the item from the Apple store on BlackFriday for the same price I paid the seller. What rights do I now have if theyrefund my payment and I am left to pay the extra £50 for the item?
  • custardy
    Options
    ian666 wrote: »
    Hi
    The old adage says” if it looks too good to be true itprobably is”

I purchased an iPad, advertised as new, from ebay using a seller with over189000 sales and over 99% positive feedback
    (Ecell_accessorize)
    The price was very good at £50 less that the Apple store. Problem came with delivery. 1 to5 working days by Royal Mail SD was promised. It is now 10 working days since Iordered and paid for the item but still not arraived.:mad:
    Emailed the seller 3 times asking for a tracking number, butthey keep telling me that due to volume of sales they don’t have time to inputthe tracking numbers.
    I could have bought the item from the Apple store on BlackFriday for the same price I paid the seller. What rights do I now have if theyrefund my payment and I am left to pay the extra £50 for the item?

you have the option to file an item not received dispute on paypal
    you will get a refund if its not delivered
    then you are free to buy from whom you choose
  • ian666
    ian666 Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi
    Yes I understand that I can obtain a refund through paypal. The issue is that another item willo cost me £50 more than the seller was asking for and due to the del;ay I have missed the oppewrtuinity to purchase from ASpple on black friday at the same price as the seller's original offer. Thew seller is now advertising the item at £30 more than I paid!!

Ian
  • custardy
    Options
    Hi
    Yes I understand that I can obtain a refund through paypal. The issue is that another item willo cost me £50 more than the seller was asking for and due to the del;ay I have missed the oppewrtuinity to purchase from ASpple on black friday at the same price as the seller's original offer. Thew seller is now advertising the item at £30 more than I paid!!

Ian

I would say you have no chance
    either wait it out or accept paying more
  • Flyboy152
    Flyboy152 Posts: 17,118 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

Ian

My guess is that you are likely to now get a message saying the item is out of stock.
    The greater danger, for most of us, lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low and achieving our mark
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback