PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

Options

Comments

• ChrisEvanson
    Options
    Leaving aside the issue you have with a lack of information and documentation, the reason you have given for mis-sale is not have any success unless perhaps her "financially comfortable" parents had acted officially as guarantors of her mortgage.
    You need to find valid and verifiable mis-selling reasons for complaint.

So basically no chance then? No idea what 'valid and verifiable' reasons there would be. I have friends who simply phoned up and lodged a few details (name, address, policy numbers, dates) with their mortgage provider and got the whole lot refunded a month or two later so I am a bit confused. We'd do this ourselves but haven't got policy numbers.
    If I had a pound for every pound I'd lost, I'd be confused
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    No idea what 'valid and verifiable' reasons there would be.
    Nobody rings up with just their name, address and account number I'm afraid, your friends have misled you.
    Here is the MSE advice on complaining about PPI
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance
  • dixiedriver
    Options
    Hello there ..... I'd appreciate some guidance :)
    In March 2005 I took out a £40,000 mortgage for a 10 year term, & with it was sold Mortgage Payment Insurance of £14.19 monthly, Mortgage Payment Protection of £38.32 monthly, & Mortgage Term Assurance with Critical Illness cover of £17.09 monthly.
    The first two were sold as a condition of the mortgage, but I think they were mis-sold & I had no need for so much financial cover. I have been a Civil Servant since 1991, & in the event of illness would receive 6 months full pay, 6 months half pay, & then go on to pension rate of pay.
    In February 2008, having been able to repay more than the required monthly payment on several occasions, I realised I was "over protected" & cancelled the MPI & MPP, & had the Term Assurance reviewed & reduced to £9.42 per month.
    Despite previous success reclaiming PPI in respect of a loan, it is only now that I've realised I could possibly make a claim regarding the mortgage also .... And another thing, are MPI & MPP not the same? I definite paid monthly premiums in respect of both for almost three years.
    Which do I try to reclaim?
    I would appreciate any advice - amazingly I believe I have all my paperwork.
    Thank you in advance:)

Folks I was hoping for some guidance as to whether MPI & MPP are the same product - can anyone help please?
    Freedom at 40!:j
  • Dave65
    Options
    So am I able to claim PPI even if I am on DMP with CCCS? One of my creditors are Natwest, and the others are Satander and Egg. Do I make application through FSA or direct to the banks?
  • Hello,

New here, stumbled onto the site trying to find information about PPI claims, I am not sure where to go with my claim (if I have grounds for a claim) and have a mistrust of the companies that advertise on the internet offering to do my claim for me, so was hoping that here would be the place for help.

I have done the first step from this website's guide, and submitted a credit report. This report shows that I had two loans through Lloyds TSB. I am almost certain that I would have had PPI on these loans, but I now retrospectively know that because I was in HM Forces at the time of taking out the loans, this would have been unnecessary due to the security and sick/disability benefits offered by the Forces at that time.

The credit report only shows the last four digits of the loans that I had, so I am now wondering how I would get the full details of the loans, and if there was PPI paid on them. Would i be correct in think ing that I need to submit a SAR letter to Lloyds TSB, or is there an easier way to get this information.

Thanks you for any assistance that you can offer.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    it depends.
    You can phone them and ask, or you can submit the sar and hope they have records [if it's more than 6 years ago, they may not have] or you can look for old staements, and by the DD for the loan,the number by the DD for loansdirect is your loan account number.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • peanutbutter_cups
    Options
    hi tractor
    with lloyds i gave them a ring on the ppi helpline but details was needed as loans more than 6 yrs old.so i just went in to my local branch n asked if they had any info the guy gave me a screen shot of all the products i had had with them. although it didnt give any info about ppi it gave me he loan account details.i then rang the help line bk and gave them the info. a wk later i got 2 letters 1 for a cc saying no ppi and 1 for the loans saying we will investigate so im guessing there was on those and they are looking into it.im just on wk 4 now xx the numb for lloyds ppi is 0845 601 2683 option 3 for new claims if that helps xx
  • jivnorton
    Options
    I was contacted a while ago by my loan company and offered a refund on PPI from a loan sold to me about 5 yrs ago that I am still paying back. They sent the refund of around £120 I think it was. People I know have received a lot more than this in compensation - I assume once I've accepted this money I can no longer claim anything but thought I'd best check! Many thanks
  • peanutbutter_cups
    Options
    hi dave
    i think you can still claim if you are in a dmp but any money you get back would go towards paying off the debts and not to yourself. im sure money or amersall will be along later and they are more in the know and fab with helping x
  • peanutbutter_cups
    Options
    jiv
    give them a ring and ask them what the refund was for as your ment to get your ppi back plus 8% again the every so fab money or amersall may be able to help more as those guys/girls are great
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback