PIP assessment tomorrow, how to prove am terrible with budgeting?

Options
14567810»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    This thread makes me quite sad. The OP probably does need help, but can't communicate well and pushes it all away.

I remember as a teen I used to do that as I was in a bad situation and was very rude to anyone (who I can now see) was actually trying to help. So I didn't get any help.

There has to be a line, where you just mentally gag yourself and see what happens.

I have to do this all the time. I'm inclined (a lot of things have happened) to tell everything/everyone to go away, but I calm down back off, and try again.

Dee try and be a bit more receptive if you can. You might not agree with what people say, but acknowledge there is something in what you said/done that caused it to happen. Something that you can work on. That way lies change and improvement. Again, I do it all the time.

I and my two sons all have ASD. There is a lot we need to work on, and we never stop. We don't want to stay with no hope and no help so we keep trying. You have to as its the only way things will change. I've even learned to some degree to cope with responses on here that can be unhelpful and negative. But they were written for a reason. Sometimes to make the responder feel better but usually to help.
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The OP probably does need help, but can't communicate well and pushes it all away.

Dee try and be a bit more receptive if you can. You might not agree with what people say, but acknowledge there is something in what you said/done that caused it to happen. Something that you can work on. That way lies change and improvement. .

I would second this. The OP would seem in danger of cutting herself off from future help / advice by the tone of some of her recent comments (and the predictable responses to them). This is a sad, and an unedifying thread.
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • seven-day-weekend
    Options
    I too felt that the OP had difficulty communicating and had not expressed her case properly.

People,let us try and remember that some people do have difficulty in this area, and maybe try and ask them further questions before deciding they are a troll, a WUM or a Benefits cheat?

I include myself in this, although I don't think I have taken part in the thread before this post.

I know my son's partner, when applying for DLA, when asked on the form what sort of help she needed said 'I need someone to help me understand'. Luckily we were able to go through the form with her and help her to expand on her answer, which should have said that because she is on the Autistic Spectrum with Aspergers' Syndrome, she is not always able to understand what is required of her and what her response should be. Someone to help her to do this and explain things would make things a lot easier for her(we of course do this as a family). But she may have written something and explained it as the OP has, when she meant something more.
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    Options
    I too felt that the OP had difficulty communicating and had not expressed her case properly.

People,let us try and remember that some people do have difficulty in this area, and maybe try and ask them further questions before deciding they are a troll, a WUM or a Benefits cheat?

I include myself in this, although I don't think I have taken part in the thread before this post.

I know my son's partner, when applying for DLA, when asked on the form what sort of help she needed said 'I need someone to help me understand'. Luckily we were able to go through the form with her and help her to expand on her answer, which should have said that because she is on the Autistic Spectrum with Aspergers' Syndrome, she is not always able to understand what is required of her and what her response should be. Someone to help her to do this and explain things would make things a lot easier for her(we of course do this as a family). But she may have written something and explained it as the OP has, when she meant something more.

And don't forget that the whole point of PIP, as I understand it, is to deal with a range of difficulties. So someone who is completely incapable of handling money, as examples have been given in this thread, would get full points. Someone who's condition is less severe would get just a couple of points.

The two point descriptor and people who are awarded it doesn't in any way diminish or undermine the difficulties of people who get full points. In fact, IMO, it does the opposite.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Options

People were sympathetic until OP posted another thread demonstrating a grasp of finances, at a level beyond that of many without health difficulties.

I've no doubt she'll continue to ignore honest advice, and focus on that from those that promote benefit maximisation no matter what.
  • happyandcontented
    Options
    I thought some people had been harsh but then I looked at some earlier threads. Stoozing, swopping monies from one account to the other, drip feeding into other accounts. The OP clearly has a good grasp of finances.....
  • cattie
    cattie Posts: 8,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    dee100 wrote: »
    this is good as otherwise my GP and Psychiatrist would have come to the tribunal which would have been a terrible waste of their much needed time. good results for everyone accept MSE insulters, barring Alice Holt of course
    the Lord Jesus Christ bless you, you need it!

Really, and what planet are you on where highly skilled medical professionals who are already drastically overworked would be willing & able to take precious time out of their incredibly busy schedules to attend a DWP tribunal?? :cool: It's not planet earth, that's for sure.:rotfl:
    The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.

I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure