July 2011 Brides

Options

Comments

• Curious_George_2
    Curious_George_2 Posts: 2,501 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    going to talk to the orange ladies in debenhams today about make up...
    this wont end well.
  • Amymo
    Amymo Posts: 514 Forumite
    Options
    going to talk to the orange ladies in debenhams today about make up...
    this wont end well.

Haha, hope you got on OK!
  • Curious_George_2
    Options
    well, we got there and tried to find one woman who wasnt caked in inch thick orange slap with thick black pencilled in "SUPRISE!" eyebrows and there wasnt one (i am in essex though! lol)
    all i could think of is... while you shouldnt judge a book by its cover etc and they may be very good at their jobs, if they think the trowel application is a good look then i dont really want their advice for the subtle, barely there natural look i want for my wedding day...
    so we decided to save the money we would have spent on all the products i would need (i dont tend to wear much, can you tell) and book a make up artist to come and do it for me, one less thing for me to stress about...
    plus we have found someone who will do 2 appointments (the trial and the day) for £45, does that sound reasonable? i thought so as ive got a leaflet here from another local business and their appointments cost £40 each!

we also went to moss bros and got all excited about suits, going back in a few weeks to sort all that out,
    I bought what looks like a giant sausage skin to wear under my dress to smooth out all the bumpy bits (VERY attractive......oh yeah) and we looked at wedding rings but as i need an 18ct white gold one im finding them all quite expensive :( any ideas for a cheapo like me?
  • TC1978
    TC1978 Posts: 270 Forumite
    Options
    Hoooooray! My H2B has finally organised for him and our son to go to sort suits tomorrow!! Nag, nag, nag has worked! Getting my Dad to tag along too- one less to sort and they aren't going to turn him away if he pops along. Funnily the guy in the shop said that H2B had to book because Saturdays get busy. He opened his diary to find a time slot that would be convenient for both... empty diary! This is the same company (but not branch) that told us two weeks ago we couldn't possibly have an appointment as they had a sale on!!!

Hen Day invites have been printed and sent out to colleagues... just bought a Coast Bay of E dress for it too (now just have to get in it!!)
  • sammy_wheeler
    sammy_wheeler Posts: 2,351 Forumite
    Options
    had a hair trial today :) loved it!! booked me and my bridesmaid in the salon for hair and make up how exciting!!
    Is a married woman!! 23rd July 2011 Best day of my life!

TTC first baby Jan 2013
  • Rose1960
    Rose1960 Posts: 89 Forumite
    Options
    Yeay found my wedding shoes at last and very MSE!

http://www.barratts.co.uk/en/dolcis-satin-sandal-with-knot-trim-207709

With diamante brooches from Assessorize - they look just as good as the £90 Kurt Geiger shoes!
    :D
  • ajmoney
    ajmoney Posts: 6,233 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I bought what looks like a giant sausage skin to wear under my dress to smooth out all the bumpy bits (VERY attractive......oh yeah) and we looked at wedding rings but as i need an 18ct white gold one im finding them all quite expensive :( any ideas for a cheapo like me?

How much do you want to spend? I got mine from Ernest Jones for £180 I think. It is just a simple thin band but that is all I want next to my engagement ring.

62 days now. Not much I can do, need to fill out the forms for the registrar appointment in 8 days but don't want OH to have to fill in the info on his dad. Might attempt the subject later and see when he wants to do it.
    MFW 2024 No. 7 £400/£1200 MFiT-T6 No. 70 £15420.41/£22787.04
  • Curious_George_2
    Options
    less than that.. but i dont think im going to have a choice as my engagement ring is 18ct white gold so my wedding ring has to be, if id have known that when i got the ER i would have got it in 9ct! as the price difference in WRs is huge!

Sorry i havent seen a registrar form but cant you fill everything in and he just signs it? so he doesnt have to fill in the particulars etc?
  • ajmoney
    ajmoney Posts: 6,233 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    60 days to go :j apart from I can't be bothered with any of it, not much to do at the moment luckily.

We are seeing the band on Sunday and I am going to give notice on Monday. The person marrying us is away on a course until the 20th but I have email contact with him so am going to try and organise a meeting. I need him to sign my form to post date my new passport, I know I have weeks to sort it out but I am panicking with it being the summer, I may pay extra to guarantee it within the week just to put my mind at rest. By the time we meet him I am planning on us having decided the music, readings, vows etc so he can ok the order of service and then we can get on with that.

We have more or less decided on the menu we want for the wedding breakfast, we have swapped a couple of things around on their suggested menus so need to check they will do what we want. We also need to get a full list of what they supply for the evening so we can decide as we don't really know what we want at the moment.

We are meeting with the florist in 18 days time and then they will be finalised. I am tempted to book our cakes now as we are going to have M&S cakes and they have a 3 for 2 offer on at the moment. We may not even need 3 but definately would need 2 and a cutting bar so it seems silly not to take advantage of the offer.

That is us almost sorted. Seeing my mum at the funeral on Thursday, her and my sister keep asking if there is anything they can do so I am going to ask if they will make up a box for cards etc on the day. My first dress fitting should be in 2-4 weeks and I really need to get in gear to organise a hair trial. I will see her at the funeral too so may try and chat about it then.

Putting it all down makes me realise it is quite near and I may need to do something soon.
    MFW 2024 No. 7 £400/£1200 MFiT-T6 No. 70 £15420.41/£22787.04
  • Rose1960
    Rose1960 Posts: 89 Forumite
    Options
    Checking in!

I had my dress fitting yesterday! It was such a relief to try the dress on and for it to fit, its been 2 sizes to big since i bought it over a year ago and i have been worried about it all this time, but no more! So happy! :j

Im still trying to sort our honeymoon out, we have a budget of £3500 but all the quotes keep coming back at £4k - really frustrating! We want to do Vegas, Mexico and San Fran - not very MSE but its the holiday of a lifetime and our guests contributions are already £3k.

Still need to order the cake, BM hair accessories and jewellery - getting there slowing.
    :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport