Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B

Options

Comments

• sturgeon
    sturgeon Posts: 396 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This account switch has been a pain for me. Took days to be able to login properly and I still can't login online, i'm definitely entering the right details. Who has a customer number on them handy at all times? The app works fine...

Anyway, I've now today setup the DD's, and arranged the minimum £1k transfers for the next few months. Got my debit card too. However, my switch was arranged for the 1st Nov and it doesn't appear to have worked-my old account was a Smile Bank account, however using their app the account still looks normal plus I tested a transfer of 50p and it went into that account fine. I thought that payments to the 'closed' account were automatically forwarded, this suggests the old account isn't closed?

I phoned B to be told to call back Monday. I 100% filled in my other bank account details online and requested a full account closure so not sure what has happened.
  • datlex
    datlex Posts: 2,239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sad this has been withdrawn. Website crashed when I put in application, could not get back on as would not recognise details. When spoke to them on the phone they said they needed me to take in ID. Due to working hours I could not get into branch until yesterday, when I found the offer had been withdrawn. (Have not progressed with opening the account at this time.)
    Paid off the last of my unsecured debts in 2016. Then saved up and bought a property. Current aim is to pay off my mortgage as early as possible. Currently over paying every month. Mortgage due to be paid off in 2036 hoping to get it paid off much earlier. Set up my own bespoke spreadsheet to manage my money.
  • youngretired
    Options
    I'm guessing 2 DD's to different Tesco accounts (so 2 mandates) qualify for the bonus, as nowhere on the T&C's does it state different companies? I know this facility is being withdrawn in April 2018 and only need to keep till bonus paid.
  • garetheightfour
    Options
    Yes, these guys are clueless - finally got through to be told I was not eligible for something I signed up to, asked to close my account they say i have visit a branch - not one for 200 miles...
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Be interested in their reply. I too put in a date after the 17th, I didn't see anything to say I had to do it earlier, just had to be at least working 7 days.

I was told yesterday (on phone) that the latest date for the switch is Nov 17th and the earliest they could do was Nov 14th. I assume that is for the bonus to be paid... well, that's what most folk are chasing!

They are working today but don't know the hours- would be worth a call
    This is the number I have used most often: [URL="tel:08004561247"]0800 456 1 247 [/URL]
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • Jeems
    Jeems Posts: 202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    datlex wrote: »
    Sad this has been withdrawn. Website crashed when I put in application, could not get back on as would not recognise details. When spoke to them on the phone they said they needed me to take in ID. Due to working hours I could not get into branch until yesterday, when I found the offer had been withdrawn. (Have not progressed with opening the account at this time.)

If you started the application before they pulled the offer, and you/they have record of it, they will honour it. I needed to verify address via a confirmation code they sent me. It only arrived today but customer service said its fine and I'll still get the bonus. Did the switch with me over the phone.
  • ToTo_Man
    ToTo_Man Posts: 126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    sturgeon wrote: »
    This account switch has been a pain for me. Took days to be able to login properly and I still can't login online, i'm definitely entering the right details. Who has a customer number on them handy at all times? The app works fine...

Anyway, I've now today setup the DD's, and arranged the minimum £1k transfers for the next few months. Got my debit card too. However, my switch was arranged for the 1st Nov and it doesn't appear to have worked-my old account was a Smile Bank account, however using their app the account still looks normal plus I tested a transfer of 50p and it went into that account fine. I thought that payments to the 'closed' account were automatically forwarded, this suggests the old account isn't closed?

I phoned B to be told to call back Monday. I 100% filled in my other bank account details online and requested a full account closure so not sure what has happened.

I experienced a similar problem in that I could access my B account through Clydesdale Internet Banking (http://www.cbonline.co.uk/personal/ways-of-banking/internet-banking/internet-banking-pre-login) but not B Internet Banking (https://apps.cybonline.co.uk/cyb/authenticate/b?client_id=b_web&response_type=token&redirect_uri=https://hello.youandb.co.uk/cyb/bapp/authentication?applyFor=IM136&scope=30), despite entering the exact same login info. After a few days of frustrating troubleshooting I flushed out my web browser's cookies and now I can log in to B internet banking successfully.
  • roxy28
    roxy28 Posts: 670 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I have a switch date for the 15th, so do they start the process 7 days before and on the 15th it should be complete.
    :T
  • Nicholas
    Nicholas Posts: 630 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    roxy28 wrote: »
    I have a switch date for the 15th, so do they start the process 7 days before and on the 15th it should be complete.

They start the process 7 working days before.
  • roxy28
    roxy28 Posts: 670 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Nicholas wrote: »
    They start the process 7 working days before.

Ok thanks for that
    :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family