Orange to close "Your Account" online on 29th December 2017

Options

Comments

• Jon_01
    Jon_01 Posts: 5,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    simax wrote: »
    CSS/Merlin which is the legacy Orange system, is also used for Corporate EE 4G accounts so the system as such won’t be retired, but the Orange brand will be as far as Orange personal and small business accounts go...

I'm surprised that they'd trust CSS to keep running corporate acc's! But I guess once all the consumer acc's have been clear off it might actually work properly again :) or this this a short term plan until they can get corporate over to the main EE system?

Any word on what they intend to do with all the ancient legacy acc's, OVP's and the like?
  • simax
    simax Posts: 1,957 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think it’ll be a letter advising of impending closure and to call for a PAC by a certain time (that’s my personal opinion by the way, not any suggestion that’s what will happen!)

The CSS/Merlin system is better at handling accounts with hundreds of numbers on them... hence why it’s used for EE Corporate
    I spent 25 years in the mobile industry, from 1994 to 2019. Worked for indies as well as the big networks, in their stores also in contact centres. I also hold a degree in telecoms engineering so I like to think I know what I’m talking about 😂
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,445 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    d123 wrote: »
    They’re doing you a favour if you and your family are regular users. There are far cheaper options available these days.
    My phone has accounted for 50p so far this year!

I've tried explaining to 'our kid' that there are cheaper options but it seems to fall on deaf ears!! :eek:
  • Swipe
    Swipe Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Options
    I've just bought a new phone and had to be migrated from orange to EE to get a nano sim. Otherwise I would have never known.
  • J_B
    Options
    J_B wrote: »
    I've tried explaining to 'our kid' that there are cheaper options but it seems to fall on deaf ears!! :eek:

Just spoke to 'our kid' again - he still gets a paper bill from Orange every month!
    He hasn't heard anything from them about anything changing ...... yet!
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We have an old phone with an Orange SIM in it. One where you pay nothing unless you actually use it.

Is that the OVP? Its rarely switched on so wouldnt have a clue if they sent any texts to it. Tried it a year or so back and it was still active. Still shows on my credit file.

It was funny because we would make a 5p call and they would send bill with a 25p or 27p stamp (those were the days). So actually losing money by sending a bill.

Will have to try it and see if it still works.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• J_B
    Options
    Is that the OVP?

OVP stood for Orange Value Promise, whereby they promised to match any other providers tariff.

Virgin had, what was basically a PAYG, but it was billed monthly, so many folks took out OVP Virgin Eq (Equivalent) as they could use it or not as they pleased on a 'better' network - before O + O2O(T Mob) became EE

Not sure if anyone still has any other OVP tariff???
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I got a txt today saying I needed to re-register to be able to login to view the Broadband account
  • Swipe
    Swipe Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Options
    Is it the sims that will stop working or just the 'myorange' online accounts? Their website suggests just the latter.
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 9 December 2017 at 12:51PM
    Options
    So yesterday I could no longer log into my broadband account.

I could either add my BB to my mobile account, or create a new account, it was fairly painless, but did need payment details so they could verify it was you.
    N.B The form does NOT require all the data to be filled it.

When I logged in it looked exactly the same at it used to :rotfl: :undecided
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure