Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• annandale
    annandale Posts: 1,469 Forumite
    Options
    Why don’t you just block his number. If you know him calling you is going to be stressful do not pick up the phone to him.

As for your super spicy foods. If they upset you why do you eat them?

If you can’t tolerate them avoid them. For your own healths sake.
  • dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    annandale wrote: »
    Why don’t you just block his number. If you know him calling you is going to be stressful do not pick up the phone to him.

As for your super spicy foods. If they upset you why do you eat them?

If you can’t tolerate them avoid them. For your own healths sake.

His number is blocked so he hides it, for spicy food its strange as I can eat super spicy curries no problem the issue seems with a specific type of spice i.e chilli oil or bean paste which is why its only been noticable recently now I am trying spices and food from Asian supermarket.
  • dekaspace
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    And a update, got a long text from him now stating its "her birthday" and can't I reconsider.

Cheek of that and trying to guilt trip me, he knows I am on benefits.

I also don't think I mentioned before I went on his "secret" facebook account, as in he made one with a fake name for his girlfriend as he doesn't want her to know hes on benefits, on it he claims he has a business degree, highly paid job, does a lot of charity work.

She isn't stupid, as stated in past shes easily a scammer wanting free money, she never visits him so its more a penpal arrangement and by his own admission he has never been intimate with her, shes from a country well known for scamming lonely men.
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Honestly deka, the moment he starts with the "what am I going to do now" line I would say "don't know, don't care" and hang up. Do it enough times and he will give up. Better yet, the minute you hear his voice on the phone you should tell him to sling his hook and hang up.
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    dekaspace wrote: »
    His number is blocked so he hides it, for spicy food its strange as I can eat super spicy curries no problem the issue seems with a specific type of spice i.e chilli oil or bean paste which is why its only been noticable recently now I am trying spices and food from Asian supermarket.
    Honestly deka, the moment he starts with the "what am I going to do now" line I would say "don't know, don't care" and hang up. Do it enough times and he will give up. Better yet, the minute you hear his voice on the phone you should tell him to sling his hook and hang up.

^^^^^^^^ this. I was just going to,say, hang up when you know it's him, without saying another word.

It's the only way to deal with him.
    And don't answer calls from any withheld numbers, if that's what he's doing.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    dekaspace wrote: »
    So, not sure to call this a victory or not but that relative that always begs me for money rang me tonight of which was expected as they knew I was coming back from 7 days at parents house, went into the buttering me up stage of asking how I am and then saying after a long 30 minute call they have to go, but "oh" they have an emergency his girlfriend is £10 short of her rent and he asked me if I can send her it.

I said no...

Deka, in my opinion you can definitely view this positively (as a victory). You said "No". Next time will hopefully be easier, and after a while they won't ask you any more.

So, for what it's worth "Well Done" from me! :T
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Options
    Just say some bills has come in that will be using all spare cash going forwards so can they stop asking
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning my lovelies,

Hugs and squishes and handshakes all around.

Special wave to WaS.

AM is away for 2 weeks. I am use to being on my own all day with the dog. And the weekend has gone quickly with spending most of yesterday with friends. And he does go away once a month for a weekend. So kinda use to it. But this morning I am full of tears and I don't know why.

Been up and out and did a few bits and pieces. Need to go and clean my ex's place. I have tons of things to in the house and garden to do.

Just feel fat, useless and hopeless no idea why either.

Any how need to dash.

Everyone take care today.

Yours

Calley x
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • dekaspace
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Went to doctor today (don't forget I changed surgeries a few months back) this doctor prescribed me anti depressants so at least now im on something who knows if it will make me better or worse though.
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Calley, it's totally understandable to feel down when AM's away for two weeks. Although you're used to being on your own during the day that's always tempered with the fact that you know he'll be there in the evening so it's going to feel strange at first. I hope that you feel happier soon.

Deka, I hope they make you feel better
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure