Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,574 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope you get out tomorrow.
    Take care Butti :) xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm out. Just need to remember to rest.
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Butti wrote: »
    I'm out. Just need to remember to rest.

Yay!! Don't forget to rest!!!!!! ;)
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • Butti
    Options
    I've had my stitches checked today. Think they are disolvable stitches. Seems fairly well healed, just a small dressing on it now.

Not spending much money and off for another week. I'm watching Who do you think you are? every afternoon and binge watching Killing Eve.

Going to work out my budget for the month today.

The fence panel is down at the back of my garden so once the wind is down a bit I need to replace it. I'm waiting for a neighbour to come round and tell me it is down as it blocking the rear access to other gardens. I need to order a replacement and hope the neighbours take the hint and offer to slot it in for me.
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • beanielou
    Options
    Relax & enjoy your time off.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Butti
    edited 21 September 2018 at 8:48PM
    Options
    Went out with the fear of flying friend the other day. It was her birthday and I got her a pressie she needs rather than a pressie she wants! And i was highly conscious that.....

"It is not my job to make her happy.....it's her job to make her happy"

(Another saying from the meditation tape)

There's a great risk with people pleasers (me!) that you want to fix things for people and help them and sort their problems. So I have given her this book - Pete Walker - 'Complex PTSD from surviving to thriving'.

More sort of ...threw it in her car as she was leaving and suggested she didn't open it until she got home :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Coward me? :T

Gave her a card which was a cartoon of someone giving a pressie back to someone who gave it to them previously................because they didn't like it.
    Hope she doesn't take that as a hint! :T:T
    (although there are at least a couple of other friends I could give it to!!!)
    48% off mortgage

• Circle1987
    Options
    Haven't heard from you in a while mate. Did you fall down a hall?

Gis an update on the financials. :)
    "An investment in knowledge pays the best interest." -- Benjamin Franklin

Total Mortgage: £212,746.54
  • beanielou
    Options
    Hoping you are on the mend & enjoying the beer:beer:

• Circle1987
    Options
    I know you're resting but this is just taking the jizz! Only messing. Hope you're "resting" well. Look forward to your next post. Make it interesting as possible. You've been out for a while so that must mean plenty to write about! Will check back in in a few days!
    "An investment in knowledge pays the best interest." -- Benjamin Franklin

Total Mortgage: £212,746.54
  • Butti
    edited 2 October 2018 at 10:24PM
    Options
    Just resting.......thank you for your concern :A

Went back to work yesterday and wow wasn't that a mistake. So I got in just about......realised I felt utterly knackered on the drive in and told them I felt very very tired and that I was going to try and book myself in for blood tests on Tuesday.

So fast forward to today. Got up. Felt no better. Got in to see the Dr who said "It's quite a major operation. Two weeks is not really long enough". She wanted to sign me off for another couple of weeks but I talked her out of it. Don't know whether that was a good idea or not! Off for another week. Put on my out of office, made a couple of telephone calls and then went back to bed!

Bloods are being taken on Thursday. I've heard about people who have taken about 3 months to sort out their hormone levels after surgery. I really really hope that is not me. I've read up on articles of what vitamins and minerals usually dip after a partial thyroidectomy. I've started taking a multivitamin and am eating things with the missing elements in. This includes dark chocolate and dark beer (iron).

Hope things start to pick up now.

p.s. In other news I've had a postcard from Mr Z this week. That was a really nice surprise.
    48% off mortgage

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback