351 replies 33.1K views

Replies

• beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    71.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Pop over to the NSD thread.
    It is great for keeping you on track.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • ButtiButti Forumite
    5K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Going to make proper thick curtains for the living room in next month. Have ones over the front and back door so just need to sort the weak spot - the living room. See if I can get it a little less nithering. Also thinking of putting bubble wrap between the curtain and the thermal lining to get extra heat capture ability. Just need to have a think about how it will work in terms of condensation.
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. (08/12) £22,734. (9/19 )£3221
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    [STRIKE]35%[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]35.4%[/STRIKE] 40.1% off mortgage
    'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • ButtiButti Forumite
    5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Barclaycard.....so lovely. So helpful.

Balance going down. They keep sending me offers for increasing my limit up from £7100. How considerate of them :rotfl:
    'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
    71.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Butti wrote: »
    Barclaycard.....so lovely. So helpful.

Balance going down. They keep sending me offers for increasing my limit up from £7100. How considerate of them :rotfl:

& we wonder how we all got into so much debt!
    At one point with a loan & a credit card & my OD I could have owed my bank alone more than my yearly income!!
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
  • ButtiButti Forumite
    5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solar panel man has been (he smelt very nice - but I resisted telling him that as it seemed somewhat inappropriate!)

Think the mortgage may need to be paid off in 6/7 years rather than 5/6 years. It seems like a bit of a no brainer and given the way global warming is going and the level of amazing leadership from the Government (and previously from the lovely George Osborne) on this issue, it seems like the least I can do for the planet.

Going to be £3k paid off in a year.
    71.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Only you Butti :rotfl: :rotfl:
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    ***Keep plodding***
  • ButtiButti Forumite
    5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Halifax going to be paid off tomorrow, to my best estimate at least- £142 + £2.53 in interest. That will leave me with two cards, and I think I shall reduce the Barclaycard limit and ask them to stop sending me offers!!!

I need to check my payslip today. I think I got about £400 for mileage so putting that on Halifax and Solar Panel fund. Deposit is £950 and 25% when they start work is £773. Then it's £201 per month for a year which I can afford until the car starts falling apart. It's likely I'll drop the overpayment on the mortgage from £250 to £200 and see how that goes.

Putting the panels on the front because that means I can get 8 on and use appliances etc in the afternoon. I do very little in the morning.

NSDs not going well Beanie BUT and it's a big but. It does stop me spending frivolously and encourages me to make sandwiches and take fruit out with me!
    71.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    All sounding goos Ms Butti :j :j
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    ***Keep plodding***
  • edited 18 November 2018 at 11:23AM
    ButtiButti Forumite
    5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 18 November 2018 at 11:23AM
    So on Friday I spoke to two people with solar panels and one person who was dead against solar panels because of the environmental damage caused in their production. I'm going to email a question about this to solar panel man tomorrow. On balance I think I am going for it as it's really only going to impact on me negatively for a year and if I change when I use my electricity I should be able to make it work well for me.

Have got my EPC up from the website he gave me
    www.epcregister.com

When I get some works done to the house, which is likely to be next year now (painting of the stairs and living room), I'll see if I can get the diy guy to put extra loft insulation in the loft. Only 150m in at the minute. The difficulty is the loft hatch is over the bath, over the shower end of the bath!!! !!!!!!.
    How to make life easy - not!

Paid off Halifax yesterday (I think) :T:T:T:T:T
    Got an offer of an increased CC limit from Barclaycard from £7150 to £7650. Who are these people? How does their logic work?:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Maybe a holiday in Australia? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Or maybe a telephone call to Barclaycard and a reduced limit :T

Anyway off to my cousin's now for Christmas dinner :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Those of you who get upset about Christmas before Christmas will be very upset now. However their son and his girlfriend are spending Christmas with her parents in Australia so won't be here.
    I hope they are not expecting me to have bought Christmas cards yet!

Have also had the discussion about pressies with my brother, who I am going up to on Christmas Eve. Hopefully I will either be taking food and a pressie for my neice or little pressies (a fiver) for the folk there and a pressie for my neice.

I've been listening to Martin's message :D and sharing it :D:D
    but as you'll have gathered honest conversation is not really free flowing in my family because we learnt early that "Anything you say may be taken down in evidence and used against you at a future date"

My dad won't be at my brother's on Christmas day but he will be going down to see our dad after Christmas and i will then have to decide whether to go down with him or not. Guilt versus obligation!
  • edited 19 November 2018 at 10:04PM
    ButtiButti Forumite
    5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 19 November 2018 at 10:04PM
    Got an offer of an increased CC limit from Barclaycard from £7150 to £7650. Who are these people? How does their logic work? :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Clearly not the same as mine.
    Got in tonight and immediately reduced the limit down to £4000
    "Is there anything else I can help you with" he says.
    "Yes, I need to change my Direct Debit"
    "You want to reduce that aswell"

No increase it to £100

My logic is clearly working now in the opposite direction to the credit card companies!

Mortgage DD day tomorrow so will update totals then. Should be looking good.