Mooloo's Joining up the dots in 2017

Options

Comments

• dktreesea
    dktreesea Posts: 5,736 Forumite
    Options
    Mooloo wrote: »
    Have a good one. We are after all lucky.
    We have a roof over our heads, clothes on our backs and food aplenty.
    We could all do with remembering this once in a while, including our children. Just my humble opinion, but, whatever you do, don't help others so much that you can't afford to spend on what I think of as sanity spends, e.g. going on holiday to the sun once in a while.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I didn't sew a single stitch.
    I spent time writing in my diary when I first arrived at work, and continued to write while popping down stairs to serve customers, we had plenty of collections, and I am pleased to say that I got about 7/8 new jobs in.
    After I had written my thoughts and reiterated my dreams on the page, I got out the computer and started to update the accounts.
    Which I worked on through the day.
    I had two fittings just after the shop closed. One wedding dress and several skirts.
    BF collected dgd from after school club and she went out to play until dinner was ready.
    I used up the chicken burgers with sweet chilli sauce and basmati rice with the last of the salad leaves etc. It was yummy!
    The evening was spent watching tv and chilling.
    This morning I have a wedding dress fittings at 9.30 and a Back to Basic sewing workshop from 10-1 and children's lesson 2-3pm
    Although the shop shuts at 2.
    DS has said he will send me over £250 for the rent, and the same next week. I just hope he does.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Here is hoping for the rent.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Message from DS he's having problems sorting out using his banking at the post office so I have told him that I will go and collect the money on Wednesday when I go to my Mums as I pass his village. I am in Oxford at BF's house so too far away to just pop back. Warned DS to put the money away and not dip into it!
    I didn't get the call from post adoption team I was expecting so it will probably be this coming week.
    I thought the sewing class basics went well. I felt good about the information I was able to pass on, and at the end I remembered to tell them about the Sewing Club. One lady paid the £10 to join and got her 10% off of her unpicker, (seam ripper), and now she will be coming back for her supplies to get her discount. ( the hook I think that's called).
    The children brought back the bunting they were making and we finished that. In our chat about the holidays etc, and discussing DGDs swimming with the dolphins, the eldest one said that she would be putting that on her bucket list. At 12 she has a bucket list! It lead to talking about dreams, visualisation techniques and time lines for goal setting!! Cricks!
    The bunting was finished and next time they come we are going to make pj shorts.
    I have a few part made pairs from a demonstration before so I will use them to demonstrate and possibly cut out some more for the earlier stages. Then finish a pair that dgd can have.
    I walked too and from work and it was a lovely day, so we drove over here to Oxford on the back road with the roof down!
    I have brought the laptop, the business journal and the diary etc with the aim of working on them today if BF doesn't have any plans for us. I know that we are having a roast lamb dinner as I got the meat from the butcher for him yesterday. God what a price at £18 that's so expensive it better be good!
    Better finish my tea and get started on something else.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Almost-free
    Almost-free Posts: 151 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    My son managed to buy downloads for his 3DS a coupe of years ago - abbey were brilliant and immediately blocked his attempts ( they look at your history and query anything new or different ) but Barclays were quite happy to let the little devil spend over £100 before finally phoning me 2 days later to ask if they were my purchases ��
    He had taken my cards out of my purse on a couple of days I hadn't been out and thought I was having 'no spend' days ��
    I took him to the abbey manager who read him the riot act - he was suitably chastened with no repeat !
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Morning.
    I interviewed a new seamstress yesterday to help me with the alterations. I am going to trial her on Friday. Presuming that she will turn up. Ironically I am not very busy this week so far, so I am not sure what work she will be doing yet. However I have a few personal things that can be done to test her. She is a lady from Brazil and so speaks Portuguese, I may yet learn the language better.!
    I became a little ill yesterday, I have a UTI, and then a sore throat, and by 6.30 I was in bed with shivering and a headache.!
    Due to the UTI I was up and down to the loo all night.
    But in between I did sleep mostly.
    Dgd made me a cup of tea before she went to bed at 8pm bless her. Although this morning she is telling me she doesn't feel very well. I was supposed to be going to watch her school assembly today and then have a delivery here at home before I went back to work. So I have given her calpol and sent her back to bed. I will see how she is, and if I think she's just trying to get a day off I will take her in when I am going to work.
    If she is ill, I will have to cancel my plans and stay home, which as I don't feel brilliant is inviting. However now staff works elsewhere after 2.30 I need to do the shop until 4.30 as I have fittings booked in.
    For now it means I can take it slowly and get ready for later at a slower pace.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I decided that dgd was pulling a fast one, and took her to school at 11am. She was not very happy with me and went into a hissy fit but I was not backing down.
    While I waited for the delivery I put bread to cook, did my hair dye and started to wash some fabric from a big bag of fabrics we were given a few weeks ago. So my kitchen and bathroom look like a Chinese laundry at the moment.
    I took work slowly as I still didn't feel 100% but I did go in. The man booked for a fitting at 4pm didn't turn up. I waited 20 minutes then went home.
    Collected dgd from after school club early and popped to Mr T for wine and flowers for my neighbour's birthday. So while dinner was cooking we popped around to see her and after dinner I sat watching TV! I went to bed fairly early and slept until 5.45! Longest sleep ever but I still feel tired.

Today is my day off, and I am going to do a little bit of work around the house before I go to my Mum and do what ever she wants doing. I have to see about catching up with DS and getting some money from him for the rent too.
    Biggest is in need of help with caring for dgs4 when she goes on honeymoon so I have said that he will need to come to my house more between now and then then, as he doesn't know my house or myself that well really. I will need to have help in the shop those days then as he's too little to take to work and at nearly two he will be quite a handful!
    I will need to have him for three days as he will be going to someone else for the first three days but she can't get time off work the last three days.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I managed to get £250 from DS although my transactions pending tells me that his DD has gone up to £418. And something pence, so I will have to hope that he also continues to give me back the rest each week. I will just have enough to cover it when it goes out tomorrow and I will need to find out how to pay the cash into my First Direct account as there is no physical bank. I am hoping that I can pay in over the post office counter.but at the moment I will be ok.
    My glasses are ready for collection today so staff is going to open up while I pop to the optician.
    The hamster has yet again gone missing! He can move the water bottle and get out through that. Dgd had a heavy book on top of the cage but he dislodged that around 12.30 last night as I heard the thud as it hit the floor! I went to check the cage and he was gone.
    Hopefully we will find him together today in her room.
    I am going to have to buy another cage if we do find him because I don't know how to hamster proof that one!!
    I better get moving I need a hair wash before work today.
    I had wet fabric hanging up in the bathroom yesterday so didn't do it last night. Hopefully the fabric will be dry now.
  • CruisingSaver
    Options
    Mooloo you can pay into any HSBC branch for First Direct accounts as they are owned by HSBC.

CS
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Mooloo you can pay into any HSBC branch for First Direct accounts as they are owned by HSBC.

CS

Thankyou
    The only two banks in the town are Lloyds and Barclays.
    I did it easily enough at the post office lickily.
    My hands are bad today so not a lot got done as I was so slow.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure