Mooloo's Joining up the dots in 2017

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,373 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Did the woman from social not give you any indication at all?
    Not much point in having staff if you can't depend on them.
    The new lady will have to have a try at serving in the shop.
    Hope her English is good!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    No the lady didn't really say anything, I suppose she goes back and does a report filling in my information to some sort of guideline and then submits it to be authorised, but I am hopeful because at least it's been the same lady for the past few years assessing me. If it had been a new lady it might have been different, but I am going to remain hopeful.
    Staff had always been very reliable over the last two years, but as she is approaching retirement (again), and her daughter's got the cafe she has a financial stake in, I think that is a higher priority than me. In her defence she doesn't have much to do at mine and she is in her eyes trying to save me money, however I have always been flexible as she has been for me, so it's my own fault really.
    I will just have to crack on and see what I can achieve, downstairs and in the middle floor.
    I won't be able to start cutting out the cushions until after the shop is closed that's all.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • trix-a-belle
    trix-a-belle Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Mooloo, best wishes for the camper interior, I wish I was closer to help you.

Re the hamster, it will cope, if you still feel the need to change it do have a look on gumtree/freecycle & any school fete/car boots sales coming up as when I was a kid there were always hamster cages going begging there, often 1 on every stall!!

Re staff, I don't think its unreasonable to ask her to give at least 2 days notice unless its an absolute emergency. I have to try and give a months notice or more as far as possible to my employer for days off.
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I am tired.
    I hardly got to sew today yet never stopped!
    I need to get a Rythmn with the work and my new lady. She needs more hours than 10 really but I can only offer them if we make headway with the work we have. It's finally coming in thick and fast.
    I stayed after work and moved the shop floor around to accommodate her industrial machine and a work table, but I will loose retail space. I will hope that I can juggle it more tomorrow as I ran out of time today.
    My son has admitted defeat and for his health he has to leave his GF. He is exhausted as she does nothing at home but make him do it or she trashes it after he tidied in a fit of anger etc.
    I believe he asked Biggest for advice today and she asked me what advice to give him. Apparently she is now the best sister in the world so my advice he thinks comes from her.
    Worried
    Tired
    Stressed
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm glad that DS has come to this decision on his own - it was clear to see by everyone (but him) that the relationship was not as it should have been.
    Do you think DS will want to have custody of his son?
    Is the property in joint names?
    Would she leave willingly if it is in joint names?

So sorry you have this added stress at the moment but in the long term it is for the best.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I'm glad that DS has come to this decision on his own - it was clear to see by everyone (but him) that the relationship was not as it should have been.
    Do you think DS will want to have custody of his son?
    Is the property in joint names?
    Would she leave willingly if it is in joint names?

So sorry you have this added stress at the moment but in the long term it is for the best.

He would like to keep dgs, but as he works in a pub child care is the problem if he was a single Dad. The house is in joint names as far as I am aware.
    I doubt she will go willingly.

I think for his sanity to start with he needs to keep his job and get out of the house, but long term whether he can get custody if he moves out could be tricky. However I would think that with her mental health issues etc social would intervene. Biggest has advised him to go to the doctor about his health, the situation and the abuse ( I didn't know about the abuse), and get help that way.
    I really am not surprised and yet I am gutted for him.
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry to read this Mooloo - but it was obvious that things would come to a head :-( One point to make - DO NOT INVITE HIM TO COME AND STAY WITH YOU - if you do, it's not going to help him long term to keep his son.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    He can stay in the pub, he is already the assistant manager Biggest told me. I think that will be the making of him and he will thrive once he gets out of that toxic environment. Wether she will be able to keep her job though will be another matter really.
    My suggestion was to just tell her that he was exhausted and needed a decent sleep so he was going to stop at work after his shift, because she doesn't let him sleep, and tell her she has to look after the child herself for a few days, and he can then hopefully get the help and advice with citezens advice etc.
    I hope she will step up to the task if left to her own device but it is a worry. Hopefully I will find out a lot more soon.
    I don't think DS would want to come here anyway as my BF and him don't really get on, and BF is a frequent visitor these days. My obvious fear is for the child. I will be getting Biggest to visit him when DS can't etc and if the gf has not got her act together and stepped up then we will have to get the Social involved. Maybe her family will step up to!

I am trying to be positive and take itvin my stride.
    At work today I am hoping staff will be back in and that will free up my time to have a good run on the Repairs etc that are needed urgently etc and try and at least draught out the pattern for the various cushions.
    Once they are cut out then it will be easier to get started and get the zips sorted.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    so sorry you have this extra worry Mooloo. Thinking of you. i'm glad work is coming in now.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,373 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Also sorry about the current situation.
    No words of wisdom i am afraid.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure