TelecomPlus Exposed

Options

Comments

• lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,617 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Had I posted over this incorrectly, don't you think that their reps would have delighted in posting a correction?

Yes, I agree.

I can let you know what my next bill says when I get it.
  • Galstonian
    Galstonian Posts: 1,292 Forumite
    Options
    we had not intended to start any type of debate

You've picked the wrong website to post on then.  The Middle East would be simpler to solve than what goes on on this board...
  • Lewis_Gerolemou
    Options
    Galstonian, I nearly fell off my chair when I read your last post, perhaps it should be in the funny board :)
    Lewis Gerolemou
  • COS
    COS Posts: 550 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mark Todd
    Director, energyhelpline.com

Hope the above has answered your questions.

Now wheres my tin hat ::)
    Rememember. Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
    Never pass up an opportunity to go to the bathroom.
    If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance. And finally, be really nice to your family and friends; you never know
    when, You might need them to empty your bedpan.
  • Lewis_Gerolemou
    Options
    "As I have stated previously, Telecom Plus service charges for their Gas and Electricity (as well as their service charges for their telephony services called Mobile plus, Replacement Phone Cover, and go-plus) are charged one month in advance."

Smartasss, we are not discussing telephony here, so who wrote the above?

I didn't see the need to post the contents of section 5.5 or page 6. The point is that they are literature, that is to say written information which apparently does not exist.

"You won't find this information in their literature," you wrote earlier

May I suggest you do something more useful with your time, something positive, you are obviously a clever person. What are you trying to achieve? Do consumers really care if they pay a few pounds a month up front if they are going to save money.

Lewis Gerolemou
    Independent Distributor for Telecom Plus

PS I Have just returned home from Canterbury where I saw a customer who will save £105 a year with gas and electricity. I would be happy to give you his actual consumption details if you think you can save him more money- do something positive!
  • COS
    COS Posts: 550 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have turned my Thermostat down a few degrees as the Heat from the discussion suffices. ;D
    Rememember. Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
    Never pass up an opportunity to go to the bathroom.
    If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance. And finally, be really nice to your family and friends; you never know
    when, You might need them to empty your bedpan.
  • lisyloo
    Options
    Do consumers really care if they pay a few pounds a month up front if they are going to save money.

The answer from me is a resounding no.

From my point of veiw it would be preferable if the charging structure was a little simpler to understand.
    However at the end of the day I really don't care less if I have to pay £3 per month up front, if the savings to be made are of a much higher order of magnitude.
    I expect my gas & electricity bills to be at least £500 annually so it isn't really of any consequence.

I DO like the fact that Tplus have a geographic telephone number adn do not try to rip their customers off by using premium rate phone numbers.
  • Smartasss
    Smartasss Posts: 873 Forumite
    Options
    Lewis wrote:
    I didn't see the need to post the contents of section 5.5

You ordered me to read that section.

I wasted my time obtaining the document you wanted me to read, and discovered it was totally irrelevant to the present discussion (this section informs T+ telephony customers when they can expect to be charged for the service).

You now say you wanted me to read it because:
    The point is that they are literature, that is to say written information which apparently does not exist.

What are you playing at?

T+ has loads of literature, (this is not disputed) - how else can their strange Ts + Cs be quoted regularly throughout this thread!

All I try to do is ensure people have as many of the facts so that they can make decisions knowing all the possibilities.

You could have helped if you wanted to (by posting the Ts + Cs you wanted me to read) the confirmation that T+ do charge up front for gas/electricity service charges which is contained in "Understanding Your Bill" page 6 would have helped end that particular argument - instead you chose to send me off on a wild goose chase.

You did in fact take an unfair advantage of your position as a T+ rep in referring to that booklet, (which is a separate document to the Ts + Cs), which you have obviously known about all along, but for reasons known only to yourself decided to keep its existence quiet.
  • Smartasss
    Smartasss Posts: 873 Forumite
    Options
    @ Lisyloo

You are quite right in saying that people may not mind having to pay any charges up front (depending on the tariff, this could be up to £14.17 if both services are taken).

But that wasn't the point behind this.

This matter came up when the Energylinx Regulator posted a categoric yet incorrect statement:
    Telecom Plus do not charge their standing charges up front. They operate exactly as all other suppliers

Both these statements are incorrect, and have now been shown to be incorrect.

Consumers certainly have the expectation to be given accurate information from such a source as Energylinx - and they now know that they may nevertheless be misinformed.
  • lisyloo
    Options
    and it's great that there are people like you here to take the time to point out these things for us.

(That's genuine not sarcastic).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport