Add your feedback on energy supplier Orbit Energy

Options
MSE_Andrew
MSE_Andrew Posts: 173 MSE Staff
First Post First Anniversary Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
edited 5 January 2021 at 3:54PM in Energy
This is a feedback thread on energy supplier
Orbit Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
  • Did your switch go smoothly?
  • Have you had problems since?
  • Is it easy to contact?
The feedback comes as part of the
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• Lifes_Grand_Plan
    Options
    Hmmmm, Orbit Energy are coming up cheapest for me so was tempted to switch but looking at the non-existent feedback, perhaps i'll leave it for now. I'm all for leaps of faith - someone has to be the first - but having been bitten by Economy Energy going pop, i'm a bit more reserved now.
    A big believer in karma, you get what you give :A

If you find my posts useful, "pay it forward" and help someone else out, that's how places like MSE can be so successful.
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Every supplier relied on someone taking that 'leap of faith' to become their first customer. We were one of the first 500 customers of a small, new supplier quite a few years back ... and still with them today :)
  • williaa100
    Options
    Orbit are substantially cheaper for me, particularly the gas tariff (2.7p per kWh, as opposed to 3.6 with bulb, standing charge only 5 pence per day more). Stephen, I need permission from my landlord to move but assuming he agrees I will use your promo code and let you know if I do.
  • Aclass
    Aclass Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have just started my switch to Orbit. I was with Utility Point before, I had no issues with them at all, it was just that my fixed tariff was coming to an end and Orbit were the cheapest around by quite a bit. Yes I know it is a variable tariff but I will take that risk.

I was going to use the promo code that Stephen gave, however when I went to use it the tariff I wanted was not available through the Orbit website, so ended up not using it.

I'll let you all know how my switch with them goes.
  • sherbolton
    Options
    The cheapest tariff is not coming up when using a referral code so be careful.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi I was with First Utility and then it was swallowed up by Shell Energy, my fixed tariff is coming to an end on 31st August any ideas of a good company to change to or should I stay with Shell The new rated for a fixed year long tariff for the coming year are higher than my existing ones any help would be appreciated I don't wish to have a smart meter and am happy to read and supply my own readings online and pay by a fixed direct debit I have just had my yearly summary and for gas I used £245.00 for the past 12 month and electric I used £213. I am a low and careful user
    TIA
    JackieO
  • DocFrog
    DocFrog Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Jackie, Please be aware that referral codes will not work with some of the latest Orbit tariffs
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    @JackieO

Have you used a reputable price comparison site like the Citizens Advice Bureau to see what is on offer currently? https://energycompare.citizensadvice.org.uk/

Type in the annual energy used in kWh (from your bill) to get an accurate comparison.

Once you have a list of suppliers then, and only then, research the companies looking for feedback and to see if you can get cashback or referral money. (Lots of cheap firm don't offer either or only on their more expensive tariffs) Remember cashback is never guaranteed, it is a nice to get.
  • Flt._Lt._Biggles
    Options
    Aclass wrote: »
    I have just started my switch to Orbit. I was with Utility Point before, I had no issues with them at all, it was just that my fixed tariff was coming to an end and Orbit were the cheapest around by quite a bit. Yes I know it is a variable tariff but I will take that risk.

I was going to use the promo code that Stephen gave, however when I went to use it the tariff I wanted was not available through the Orbit website, so ended up not using it.

I'll let you all know how my switch with them goes.

Can I ask where you are finding this cheap deal that is not available direct from Orbit, please?

I've looked at a couple of comparison sites and Orbit have always been very expensive, being those also available direct from Orbit.

But if there is a super cheap deal from Orbit going somewhere ... :)
  • DocFrog
    DocFrog Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    @ Biggles

Orbit "Beat The Cap Extra - Jul19" Variable tariff. 12.088p/kWh and 23.07p/day.

Found via Uswitch
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure