Quit..rest ..restart . Diary no.3

Options

Comments

• another_casualty
    Options
    harz99 wrote: »
    Did your purchaser turn up today AC?

On his way harzz:)
    He must want it , as he is travelling from Leics and London :)
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    £900 will be a tidy sum :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • another_casualty
    another_casualty Posts: 6,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 December 2019 at 10:49PM
    Options
    He came , I made him a cup of tea. He liked the bass and a happy transaction was had . I decided to sell , as if I got really broke further down the line , it would take ages to sell and I'd probably make a loss . I made a profit on this.
    I paid £350 about 15 years ago, had it repaired a couple of times and got the £900 I asked for .
    A bit of breathing space for now .
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Great news on the sale :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Weekend update :
    Eon phoned me while I was on the bus on Friday . It's to do with the boiler grant I am hoping for . I'm with edf . I'll be talking to them tomorrow . Expect rejection , but nothing ventured etc

Saw mr trainer . Not for his supervision , but he lets me use his facilities another day in the week as well as with him . Value for money
    I'm praying I can afford it through the new year . He thinks I'm a miracle man , and cannot believe that I keep pushing through with everything .

Chap bought bass guitar as mentioned . My speech was all over the place . It was around 8.30 pm . Are you listening universal credit!

Over the weekend , my tv was playing up . The instructions from my remote were not going through and everything was all over the place.
    This morning , I unplugged everything ( computer , set top box, audio lead). I reset it like it has just come out of the shop. All fine .
    M se tip right there.
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Got an email from pension people . I withdrew £5,500 instead of £8,000 as previously mentioned . Final answer . That should be in my account by the end of the month . Stops me over worrying about universal credit .
    Got in touch with eon regarding the possibility of a boiler grant ,and the eco scheme . I'm due to have an engineer arrange a visit and I'll see what's what . I may get at a discount .

Just saw a clip of me on Facebook by mr trainer .
    Latest measurements : 45" waist - down from 55" ( jeans are 36-35" tho) .
    Weight : 120 kg - down from 130kg . I was 161 kg ( 25.5 stone when I started)
    Aim for 2020: lose 15 kg ( 2.5 stone approx) That would take me to 105kg ( 16.5 stone approx)
    When I cut down my bread and crisps I could do it !
    I still look too big obviously , but to get to 105 kg I think I would have achieved everything and more . At 6' I'll take it ..

Went to job club today .
  • MrsPorridge
    MrsPorridge Posts: 2,908 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    AC you have done so well with your weight loss - it's because you have stuck at it. Well done :)
    Debt free and Keeping on Track
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Thanks Mrs p:)
    That's the key . Just being determined consistently is the key .

Purchased a fibre optic tree this morning via amazon. Looks nice
    Less than an hour later , the lights stopped and the 12 v adapter was way too hot in such a short time . Managed to order another similar model which should be here tomorrow . I had an email from the seller asking me to test with another adapter . No! Refund requested plus I spoke to the amazon as well and I am getting that . It's a fire waiting to happen . It'll be interesting to see what the seller comes back with
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Received a call from the amazon seller . He was trying to tell me not to buy another Christmas tree and send me another adapter instead .
    He knew from my first response that the tree has been ordered.
    I will get a refund once I take the box to the post office in the pouring rain . Also print off the label .
    I replied to amazon email and told them that the seller cannot be trusted and will alter my review stating this :mad:
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Great to read your statistics and I'm sure you will get down to your goal in 2020. You also got rid of the meds after many years. Inspirational :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills