DFW journey starts today

Options

Comments

• twiggy86
    twiggy86 Posts: 2,144 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words!

So I have an interview tomorrow morning! Eek! Literally shaking already! I only sent my CV in on Sunday and had a brief telephone conversation yesterday! It's not a definite position but they are "strongly considering" taking on someone else (i.e. haven't advertised for the role I found out through a friend who deals with them) and I don't have vast experience in that area, so nothings a given. But its encouraging that my CV has got them interested! Also encouraging that they want to see me so quickly!

However, my work is quite casual office wear so I do need to get something appropriate tonight. I have £50 in my shopping "pot" so hoping this will cover it. Interview is at 8am so I'll need to go straight to work after but cant look too smart or they will know!

Debt wise, I had a great day out on Saturday at the theatre and didn't spend a penny! Tickets were purchased in October and dinner was bought using clubcard vouchers and my mum and auntie paid for the drinks and me and my cousin bought the tickets as xmas presents and "paid" for dinner.

OH is paying money into the bank for me today, as didn't have time at weekend. So I can clear what we spent on the CC before my next statement date!

Don't think there's anything else to report from here!

Wish me luck for tomorrow!
    Starting again..
  • October_Starter
    Options
    Hope the interview went well... Thinking of you!

October xx
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    How did interview go :D x
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • AleMrsT
    AleMrsT Posts: 577 Forumite
    Options
    twiggy86 wrote: »
    Thank you all for your kind words!

So I have an interview tomorrow morning! Eek! Literally shaking already! I only sent my CV in on Sunday and had a brief telephone conversation yesterday! It's not a definite position but they are "strongly considering" taking on someone else (i.e. haven't advertised for the role I found out through a friend who deals with them) and I don't have vast experience in that area, so nothings a given. But its encouraging that my CV has got them interested! Also encouraging that they want to see me so quickly!

However, my work is quite casual office wear so I do need to get something appropriate tonight. I have £50 in my shopping "pot" so hoping this will cover it. Interview is at 8am so I'll need to go straight to work after but cant look too smart or they will know!

Debt wise, I had a great day out on Saturday at the theatre and didn't spend a penny! Tickets were purchased in October and dinner was bought using clubcard vouchers and my mum and auntie paid for the drinks and me and my cousin bought the tickets as xmas presents and "paid" for dinner.

OH is paying money into the bank for me today, as didn't have time at weekend. So I can clear what we spent on the CC before my next statement date!

Don't think there's anything else to report from here!

Wish me luck for tomorrow!

Aaw twiggy, I'm so sorry I missed this post yesterday and didnt get chance to wish you good luck.

I really hope it went well, and if anything, interviews are all good experience, regardless of whether you get offered (or actually want to take) the job.
  • Aaleigha
    Aaleigha Posts: 615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry I missed the post
    I really really hope all went well
    cant wait to catch up - what a boost to your self esteem getting that interview must be

fingers crossed you get what you want from this interview :)
    Emergency fund £10,000
    Several categories with savings in
    Cars, house maintenance, birthdays
    Etc I have about 10 categories

Really happy to be debt free after being a compulsive spender
  • twiggy86
    Options
    Massive thanks for the good luck! No idea how it went - been over analysing everything I said and didn't say since I walked out! But yes it is a massive boost that they liked my CV and it's good interview practice if nothing else!

I managed to borrow a dress and blazer from a friend so only had to buy shoes and tights. However this came to £59 (I'm sure if I had my head on straight I could have found cheaper ones but I was seriously stressed!). I do have £47.01 in my clothes pot so this covers most of it. I did buy a dress and blazer in case my friend didn't have anything that fitted/suited me, so I'll return those tonight.

I will need new clothes if I get this job, but will hopefully be on more money! (Fingers crossed!) I told them roughly what I earn now. Also it is a similar commute to my current one, so wont make any difference in petrol.

Speaking of petrol... I've nearly used a tank of petrol already and only filled up last week! That will be my boss last Friday! Plus I'm going to see my best friend this weekend, which is an hour away. So I will go over my petrol allowance for this month and so will be forced to use the dreaded CC :eek: however I am currently owed £56 in petrol expenses from work so hopefully come pay day I'll be back straight again.

Thanks again - keep your fingers crossed for me!
    Starting again..
  • Aaleigha
    Options
    I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you

as for the cc dont worry too much it is for emergencies and as you say come payday will be paid off so no interest incurred

as for the new clothes start looking in charity shops now you dont know what you might find and if you get clothes there and dry clean them it will still be cheaper than new
    Emergency fund £10,000

• Aaleigha
    Options
    ps you dont have to buy clothes just take a look and see what is about
    Emergency fund £10,000

• twiggy86
    Options
    Great idea! I have lots of charity shops near my current work so will go for a rummage! And fleabay!

They emailed me yesterday to say they'll let me know within the next 2 weeks if I have the job! I'm reading that as it's not a definite no but they need to make a decision on if they definitely want to bring in someone else and work out all the mechanics. Hopefully they would have told me straight away if they didn't think I was right. I had a debrief with my friend who actually knows they interviewer (and also the one who got this whole thing started by asking if they had any jobs) and thought my responses were good! Fingers crossed! I'm getting excited but don't want to get my hopes up too much and then be disappointed. But it's all good experience as I haven't had an interview for nearly 5 years since I started my current job!

Took the dress and blazer back last night so hopefully that will be refunded asap as CC statement is due soon!

Hope you all have a good day.
    Starting again..
  • October_Starter
    Options
    Well done Twiggy!! :j

Got my fingers crossed for you!!

October xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing