Options

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Not the best of days today food wise.
    Sometimes as I am so skint I eat not the best things and today a friend brought me a chicken curry pir & a mini white chocolate cheesecake.
    WEre both lush & much enjoyed.
    Glad you enjoyed, sorry you are skint :(
    Did you eat both for your tea?

:D:D:D:D:D

You clearly did not read what i put:p:p:p:p:p
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Options
    kathrynha wrote: »
    Thankfully had some good news today. Operation was a success and there is no longer any cancer in me. Kidney functionality isn't great, but not as bad as it could have been.
    Still on restrictive diet, with some extra changes to try and repair them as well as possible.
    Also starting to reduce pain relief I have been on and my body has got addicted to over the last 6 months.
    Had a bit of a lecture about taking it easy, but consultant happy with me.

As for eating, I have had my syns today, but could have done worse.

Fantastic news :) extra syns are deserved to celebrate :)
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • lushlifesaver
    Options
    great news Kathrynha

I am feeling better...though i did do some emotional eating over the weekend :/

today:
    breakfast: scrambled egg, half heb toast, tinned tomatoes
    lunch: jacket tattie, chicken tikka (free) mixed with quark, lettuce, tomato, beetroot
    tea: meatballs (3) with sauce (3) and pasta served with lettuce, pickled onion, tomatoes. then a mullerlight
    supper: 2nd half heb, hea chocolate coconut milk

tomorrow; weigh day. no idea how it will pan out but not holding my breath!
    breakfast: cinnamon and apple baked oats - 70g apples so 2 syns?
    lunch: catered work event - it's a buffet but will tread carefully....that's why I'm having a more filling breakfast
    tea: not 100% as yet. potentially cheese and bacon burgers (hea cheese, heb bread, free burger) with lettuce, tomatoes etc etc
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    Maman - you're right, peas are okay on EESP because they're protein, forgot that. Was just thinking starchy veg.

Denise
    I used to avoid peas although I love them with mash but now I tell myself they're protein and supplement my small meat portions.

lush, glad you're feeling better. I was thinking that as you often have these catered events with work, couldn't you ask that they provide some SW friendly foods?
  • Greysanatomyfan
    Options
    Evening all,

kathrynha great news! I haven't been here long enough to know your history but wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery.
    bubbs lovely looking meals!
    joedenise I can't say I fully understand sp days yet, not sure if i've had one though as my berries and cherries for brekkie aren't shown as speed.
    beanielou cheesecake is my fave......mmmmmmmmm yum.

I've had a couple of ryvita and a banana for supper, not sure whether it would be another healthy extra and allowed or syns, not gonna stress it either way though as I've not had syns today (trying not to go over 7 a day to make up for the few extra at the weekend).

Does anyone track their food on the slimming world website? I've put today's and tomorrow's in and am puzzled that napolina tinned tomatoes aren't speed? And Tesco bacon medallions are 1/2 syn.

Plan for tomorrow is,
    B - shredded wheat, fruit salad
    L - homemade veg soup, yogurt
    D - bacon, tinned Tom's, onions and mushrooms, poached eggs - I might have to substitute the bacon for quorn sausages if the kids want the same though as there's not much bacon left. Will be relatively low syns though whichever it is.

Trying to up the water intake but it's been so cold today I haven't wanted to drink much. Must try harder.

Happy Tuesday for tomorrow everyone!

GAF
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Tinned tomatoes are usually Speed, the only thing I can think of is that is a little oil in the Napolina ones - check the label to if there is any, if not then I'd say they should be Speed.

With the bacon medallions there is usually a little bit of fat around the edges and as long as you cut that off then it will be free.

I use the website to track my food but mainly for the syns so I can check back over the week to make sure I haven't had too many syns or, very rarely, not enough syns over the week!

Denise
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 5 February 2018 at 11:24PM
    Options
    joedenise I can't say I fully understand sp days yet, not sure if i've had one though as my berries and cherries for brekkie aren't shown as speed.

I've had a couple of ryvita and a banana for supper, not sure whether it would be another healthy extra and allowed or syns, not gonna stress it either way though as I've not had syns today (trying not to go over 7 a day to make up for the few extra at the weekend).

Does anyone track their food on the slimming world website? I've put today's and tomorrow's in and am puzzled that napolina tinned tomatoes aren't speed? And Tesco bacon medallions are 1/2 syn.

Plan for tomorrow is,
    B - shredded wheat, fruit salad
    L - homemade veg soup, yogurt
    D - bacon, tinned Tom's, onions and mushrooms, poached eggs - I might have to substitute the bacon for quorn sausages if the kids want the same though as there's not much bacon left. Will be relatively low syns though whichever it is.

GAF
    Briefly, SP is 50:50 Speed and Protein plus your HEXs. No free food.
    You're right that cherries aren't Speed and neither are bananas so today's menu will be good as it's low carb but not 100% SP.

Personally I'd count the tomatoes as Speed as ingredients will just say 'tomatoes'. SW have been adding odd syns to all sorts of things lately. It could be that there's a bit of fat on the bacon medallions. If you cut off any fat it'll be free.

SP is only recommended as a boost to weightloss for a short while. Don't be afraid of having carbs. As long as you have your at least a third of Speed with it plus your protein then you'll be fine. :)

ETA: cross posted with denise . I thought the same about the tomatoes but then I thought that some oil would give them some syns but they'd still be Speed don't you think?
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    So pleased the news was good Kathrynha
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Congrats on being our SOTW, lucia.

Thanks for the chart, Kathryn. Fantastic, crazy dancing, woop woop news for you today; I am so happy for you.

Well done, CattyCat (fab).

Haven’t managed to track down the salted caramel Alpen Lights, so I’m still having the jaffa cake variety.

Well, I am happy to report a 1.4lb loss today.

Monday

Breakfast: hexb toast with light soft cheese (1 ½ ), banana
    Lunch: noodles, sugar snap peas, cherry tomatoes, syboes and roast chicken, all dressed with soy sauce and lime juice, Milbona Skyr strawberry yogurt
    Snack: shortbread finger (5)
    Dinner: minced beef hotpot
    Snack: hexa cheese & grapes

'Til tomorrow ...
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great loss Greentiger. :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure