Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Options

Comments

• kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Thankfully had some good news today. Operation was a success and there is no longer any cancer in me. Kidney functionality isn't great, but not as bad as it could have been.
    Still on restrictive diet, with some extra changes to try and repair them as well as possible.
    Also starting to reduce pain relief I have been on and my body has got addicted to over the last 6 months.
    Had a bit of a lecture about taking it easy, but consultant happy with me.

As for eating, I have had my syns today, but could have done worse.
    Zebras rock
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,605 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That's brilliant news kathrynha . I am so very pleased for you!:j
  • jayII
    jayII Posts: 40,693 Forumite
    Options
    kathrynha wrote: »
    Thankfully had some good news today. Operation was a success and there is no longer any cancer in me. Kidney functionality isn't great, but not as bad as it could have been.
    Still on restrictive diet, with some extra changes to try and repair them as well as possible.
    Also starting to reduce pain relief I have been on and my body has got addicted to over the last 6 months.

That's so lovely to hear, you deserve a good outcome! :A

I hope your kidneys recover soon. :)
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] Fighting the biggest battle of my life. :( Started 30th January 2018.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,561 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    That's brilliant news Kathryn. Hope the new changes to your diet help. Hopefully coming of the pain killers won't be too bad for you; it's obviously better not to rely on them.

Maman - you're right, peas are okay on EESP because they're protein, forgot that. Was just thinking starchy veg.

Denise
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    Well done Lucia22 x

Well today has just become perfect x

You can have my syns today, but tomorrow it is back on track x
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,934 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all :D
    Firstly Kathryn, absolutely fantastic news:j:j:j:T:T:T hope your kidneys recover xx
    Lucia22 well done on SOTW:T:T
    Well done to all the losers:T:T
    Greysanatomyfan why were the mini quiche an epic fail?:(
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,373 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options

Excellent news:T:T:A:A
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,934 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    100_8196_1.jpg
    Quiche for brekkie in the foil, chicken and ham salad and fruit for lunch
    100_8197_1.jpg
    Tea
    Steak with half a dozen SW chips, onions, mushrooms , many egg and salad
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,373 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Not the best of days today food wise.
    Sometimes as I am so skint I eat not the best things and today a friend brought me a chicken curry pir & a mini white chocolate cheesecake.
    WEre both lush & much enjoyed.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    100_8196_1.jpg
    Quiche for brekkie in the foil, chicken and ham salad and fruit for lunch
    100_8197_1.jpg
    Tea
    Steak with half a dozen SW chips, onions, mushrooms , many egg and salad

Did you eat both for your tea?

:D:D:D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.