PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• chrissie83
    Options
    OMG Jo-Jo so very very sorry, i hope you can get it sorted and salvage something ASAP.

Our mortgage valuation came back approved, solicitors have requested title deeds from previous mortgage company and once they have those they will be in a position to submit to the buyers solicitors :) Got to drop in our ID as i forgot to to do it the other day as got stuck at work ..must make sure i do that today !

Once all that goes through got to instruct a surveyor and then game on !
    Crissie who did your searches? Ours was flagged as high potential risk of contaminated land but it isn’t actually contaminated, rather there is an MOT testing centre near by with a permit for aerosol substances so they couldn’t rule out contaminated...unless I paid them £200 to do so further digging with the local authority. Our seller provided his searches from 2010 and the local authority confirmed on his report that it isn’t contaminated or on their register to potential contaminated land and that it hasn’t had any historical contamination.

I’d ask your seller if they have their searches to find out what theirs came back as?

No idea how to reply to someone but here goes lol

It's our current house that has come back as contaminated land. I don't think it came up when we bought the house but it was 11 years ago. Do they do searches during a re mortgage? As we re mortgaged 18 months ago. Our buyer seems happy with indemnity insurance which seems the quickest & cheapest way of dealing with it ( I hope)
  • Littlebobo1981
    Options
    Not sure - but she is going to send the searches to me shortly.

The house is on a hill which is on another hill - if it floods we have bigger things to worry about. I also live around the corner so I know it doesn't flood. I mentioned it to the estate agent - who laughed as well. :rotfl:

HA HA HA HA ...some people just need something to say i think :rotfl:
  • Flutterbat17
    Options
    Chrissie I can’t even do quotes to reply from my phone lol!

I don’t think they do searches when you remortgage. I think the way they do searches has changed and they use a lot of national risk assessments now. Indemnity insurance covers the costs and lender anyway so as long as the buyers are happy it’s a non issue.. providing it’s not actually contaminated lol!

I’m still stuck in limbo now waiting to hear back from our Solicitors. We’re expecting to hear back soon and for them to ask for the deposit money so we can exchange. I always get a bit nervous when we get radio silence that something new has cropped up! We seem to be jumping through lots of hoops at the minute.

Our buyer is ready to exchange, our seller will move out and sell before his purchase is ready he said, so it’s really only us (Solicitors/lender) holding things up now!!

Does anyone know what Solicitors faff with before exchange after you have sent and signed everything they need?? Lol!
  • Littlebobo1981
    Options
    Made a point of getting out first thing ( i work from home so lucky i can do that) and dropping ID off at the solicitors so hopefully that means we are all legal ;) ..just had to pay out the broker fee and mortgage fee just the other day so feeling a bit skint ..who decides to move near xmas :eek:

Going to start packing at the weekend ..figured we might as well, have soooooo much junk to clear out !
  • JoJo1978
    JoJo1978 Posts: 375 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Tumbleweed today...and it's our wedding anniversary. We managed to exchange cards if not contracts, ha ha

Got a sweet footnote from removals company "don't worry just tell the men on the day where to deliver to" lol

In laws have agreed to take us in over Xmas and new year so that's something. At least I can now tick 'xmas food order' off the list.

So we're stuck until Mr and Mrs "we aren't saying no but we aren't saying yes" continue to attempt to rein in their vendors and explore their other options. Ignoring solicitor's requests to resolve the chain

<sigh>

Some great progress from others today though, well done!!!
  • dancing_star
    Options
    I'm in!!!

Phone call at 11am from estate agent to say I could go & get keys. Swiftly followed by phone call from solicitor confirming exchange.

So I am in, and I've started work on it. I'll not move in til the work's done, but most of the tradesmen know what they are doing and are cracking on with it.

Good luck to all, I'm following the thread wishing for all hiccups and delays to magically disappear.
  • catshark88
    catshark88 Posts: 1,099 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Completed today (not moving in until some work done).

Pain in the !!!!, totally inconsiderate vendors kept to form. Not out until 3pm, loads of stuff left in garage, bins left full and left a 6' gate locked so only able to get in as husband is agile.Oh and they blocked an A road for 3 DAYS loading their multiple vans (hoarders, it's not vast!).

I just want to forget all about them (after venting on here!).

Good luck with your transactions everyone!
    "Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful." William Morris
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,737 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Congratulations dancing star and Catshark! :j :j SO pleased to hear about some people finally getting in :T Pah to your inconsiderate vendors though Catshark, what a pain in the bum! :eek: Hope you can forget all about them now.

Fingers crossed for the rest of us...

No news here. Buyers house will have been on the market 2 weeks on Friday so I'll give the estate agent a ring if I've still not heard anything by then (obviously he would have rung me if they'd actually found a buyer... but I suppose I can see if there's been any interest at all...).

As of tomorrow buyers will have officially overtaken us on the Spreadsheet of Blame :rotfl: :rotfl:

* Solicitor still well in the lead being responsible for just 12 days of delay (including weekends) - not bad! :j
    * Sellers (in combination with their solicitor as not quite sure whose fault) - 16 days (not replying to one query)
    * Us and buyers currently joint third on 27 days each - them selling (twice :rotfl: ) and us dithering about accepting their offer and then finding our new house
    * Broker and lender now lumped together (lender crap, but broker made bad choice to go with them) - very much the worst at 64 days between them :eek: :eek:

:o :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • Tiglath
    Tiglath Posts: 3,816 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    We've signed our draft contract and that's going back to our solicitor today. Haven't had a draft contract from our vendor yet and not really getting much feedback on our vendor and his vendor, so not entirely sure where we stand, but fingers crossed. Good luck everyone!
    "Save £12k in 2019" #120 - £100,699.57/£100,000
  • Katapolt
    Katapolt Posts: 291 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm still waiting from my broker about this "sale under value" condition that's appeared on our mortgage, and hopefully today my boss will get a letter asking him to confirm I've passed my probation (fingers crossed he replies asap and doesn't wait until 19th Dec when my probation is actually up!) and then were off!

Currently distracting myself with feature wall ideas.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback