PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• JoJo1978
    JoJo1978 Posts: 375 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Oh no Flutterbat, our current one is great but I've had them in the past like yours. Hand deliver and sit in next?!
  • Littlebobo1981
    Options
    Wow Flutterbat that is bad, i'm loving our solicitors compared to our previous ones i have a Direct dial for mine and can call anytime from 8am to 17:30 ..when i rang her today about the mortgage valuation being incorrect she said there is nothing that she would be able to offer legally but still offered a load of great advice and said if you need anything else i will do what i can to help !..HOW GOOD :)
  • Flutterbat17
    Options
    Marching into their office tomorrow and will sign the damn thing in front of them! I know they have already got it because it was with the contracts, which they have so they are stalling or have lost it again.
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,722 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Oh dear Flutterbat! I am constantly astounded at how incompetent some people are! :eek:

We have some good news - our buyers texted this evening to say they have accepted a new offer on their house :j :j Not too bad - they only put it on the market again a couple of weeks ago.

We won't be in before Christmas of course but it feels good to at least be moving again :T
  • Suman170
    Options
    I have recently received a mortgage offer, it however has the following special condition attached:

"This Offer of Advance is made subject to all debts declared as being repaid by the Applicant(s), being settled in full on or prior to completion" Leander is Leed building society

Thanks
  • JoJo1978
    Options
    Cheerydaff - YES! So pleased for you

Welcome, Suman170 : )
  • Tunny
    Options
    Hi guys, new to this forum but thought I’d jump in after following for a bit! Maybe a bit premature for waiting to exchange!

So after years and years of prep (myself and wife met as ripped off devorcies) and both being self employed, we finally managed to speak to a broker about our own mortgage yesterday!

So applied for a decision in principle yesterday am and approved!!!

Put offer in for house yesterday pm and accepted!

Completed mortgage application this morning and estate agent called while we finishing paperwork saying valuation just been booked!!!

All seems a quick!!

Now we have to wait for valuation and underwriting and offer to come through!!!

THIS IS SO STRESSFUL!!

Anyway, not asking anything, yet! Just want to follow and share our story!

:beer:
  • JoJo1978
    Options
    Hey Tunny, congrats and welcome to the "waiting room"!
    : )
  • tgirl
    tgirl Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options
    Just a quick update one week on from completion last Friday...what a week! Completion went smoothly and the solicitor called around 10:30 am saying keys can be released. Had a bit of a made rush trying to empty the old house by the 1pm deadline. Ended up storing stuff in the garage and giving in the key with the promise of moving the rest of stuff later in the day. All very stressful but glad it's over now.

Really enjoying the new house. Previous owners left loads of instructions and everywhere was nice and clean with keys labelled etc. By Sunday morning the majority of stuff was in its place.

Good luck to everyone completing their purchase tomorrow xx
  • Suman170
    Options
    I have recently received a mortgage offer, it however has the following special condition attached:

"This Offer of Advance is made subject to all debts declared as being repaid by the Applicant(s), being settled in full on or prior to completion" Leander is Leed building society and Leander is aware of our exiting debts which is a hire purchase.. I really don’t know what to do.. the solicitor hasn’t mentioned anything about the condition of the offer. Mortgage advisor saying it just standard wording they don’t require evidence but I don’t want to risk it.. any past experiences from anyone would be great to share. Btw It’s shared ownership scheme

Thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure