The Compers Inn (part 48)

Options

Comments

• indie
    indie Posts: 3,308 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning, work was busy more so yesterday as we were short of staff and i was on nursing floor that is full up now.I have a few days off now so can get my energy back. Glad you were able to get some breaks in the Black friday sale sheils.
    The play sounded great leanfun and only 3 actors. I am sure you will enjoy listening to the saxophonist once you get there.
    I had to scrape the ice off the car last night before i could drive home but there was none this morning, so was pleased as it makes you feel cold just looking at the ice over everything,lol.I never looked at anything in the sales yesterday but did delete nearly 1500 emails.Anyway i am off to the cinema soon to watch Knives out it's a who done it film so better go get ready. Hope you all have a good weekend.
  • indie
    Options
    Morning, sunny start to the new month here. I have had a look at some of the advents but a lot are not open yet so will have another go later.The film was very good with lots of twists in and i would watch it again. DS and GF working today so the day is mine, i have a few bits i want from Tesco then will do some housework before spending the afternoon comping.Hope you all have a good weekend.
  • leanfun30
    leanfun30 Posts: 3,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It was sunny first thing here too Indie. Pleased you are off for a few days. It seems brrr out there. Must be cold scraping ice off car.
    Good luck with the advent comps.
  • AprilLady
    Options
    Morning everyone! It's been a long time since I've been in the Inn! Hope you're all well.
    Just starting to get back into comping for all the Advents and now my college course is finished. I'm a bit frustrated that so many advents are on social media this year though - I don't want to spam all my friends constantly or keep tagging them in everything!!
  • leanfun30
    Options
    Hi AprilLady good to hear from you. Well done on finishing your college course. Yes, a lot of comps are on social media now. Good luck with the advents.
  • indie
    Options
    Morning, hi AprilLady well done on finishing your course. There are a lot of competitions not just advents that are all on social media now. Good luck with them.
    I finally finished going through the advents last night, never thought i would get to the end of them,lol.There are a few good ones in there just got to sort them out.
    We have the sun out here today but it was icy out first thing,that's melted now but it's cold outside. DS is going to his hobby group today instead of tomorrow so will drop him off then go shopping for food. Hope you all have a lucky day.
  • AprilLady
    Options
    Thanks leanfun and indie. :-)
    Just seems that even a lot of advents that were on websites last year have switched over to social media now. I can't really be bothered with those unless it's a simple like! :rotfl:
  • leanfun30
    Options
    Indie know what you mean about advents. April I would never enter comps if they were all gleams. I just dint have the will to do them. I’ve only ever done a couple when it was something I really wanted to win.

We had a great day yesterday. The saxophonist player recoding turned out to be a recoding of The Green room for BBC 2 to be broadcast in the run up to Christmas at 9pm. We watched two recordings. There were two brilliant singers. One Jill Marie Cooper sang an amazingly songs. Apparently she was on The Voice but was voted off because of her age. She had red hair then it’s silver now. She must be just over thirty now and was a school friend of Amy Whitehouse. We had a seat at the front and really enjoyed it. The recoding was in an independent new very small theatre in Soho. Afterwards we went for a meal at a pub off a Regent street.

April this was with a Show Film First. We had tickets for a local play with them last week

I heard on Monday that I’ve won a board game from Primary times from the web. Hope it comes before Christmas.

Better try to catch up with comps today. Good luck everyone.
  • sheils6
    sheils6 Posts: 15,850 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Well done finishing your course April and good luck with the comps. Nice to see you again.

I'm afraid DH and I haven't been well. We have a flu/cold type illness and have felt really bad. Not coughing so much today so fingers crossed we are passed the worst. We didn't get to visit DS2 and family which was upsetting nor did we get to see DD's new flat on way home. We did do the break as we weren't as bad when we left here!
    Trying to do some comps now.

Well done getting the Advents sorted out Indie. I have just done a few.

Sounds like you had a good time leanfun. Well done on the game win.

Must get on and sort out our washing.
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • AprilLady
    AprilLady Posts: 932 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    leanfun30 wrote: »
    April I would never enter comps if they were all gleams. I just dint have the will to do them. I’ve only ever done a couple when it was something I really wanted to win.

April this was with a Show Film First. We had tickets for a local play with them last week

I heard on Monday that I’ve won a board game from Primary times from the web. Hope it comes before Christmas.

I'm definitely trying to cut back on what I enter this time round in the Advents, or I would lose the will to live! :rotfl: I'm not going to spam all my friends just to win a tea towel or something, haha!
    Glad you enjoyed your evening, and hope the game arrives quickly!

sheils6 wrote: »
    Well done finishing your course April and good luck with the comps. Nice to see you again.

Thank you - it was a long and difficult 3 years, and I almost lost my sanity!! Why did I decide to go back to education as an adult?! ;)
    Hope you feel better soon.

Right, off to start the advents for the day! I was in town this morning to try and finish off my Christmas shopping, so I feel a bit behind now!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure