Slimming for Santa - Slimming World support thread 2018

Options

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,591 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have a great time gts. Next week I'd bite your hand off for half a pound as it would get me back into range.:)

Happy Birthday bubbs. Works out well to have picky tea or are you and MrB off out?

Sorry to hear you're under the weather again tie. Hope the GP can do something for you soon.:)

Bozwood wrote: »
    Morning. I am just having fruit �� this morning for breakfast I want to save by B choice for later not sure what I am going to eat a dinner but tea is chicken veg and roast potatoes with some gravy.
    Bozwood wrote: »
    Listing was I had today. So breakfast was one weetabix with hot water and a pear lunch was a mug shot think it 1-5 syns and an apple the for tea I had a jacket potato cheese my a choice and salad it was yummy 1 syns for mayo. My dd and dh had chippy but I did not I have to have a good loss this week

Not sure what you'd normally eat Bozwood but I thought you didn't have much yesterday at all and very few syns. Please don't think you have to deprive yourself to lose weight, it doesn't work that way. The syns are built into the plan. Denise has given you some breakfast ideas. If you find there isn't much time in the mornings to cook, do some hard boiled eggs or cook sausages the night before and eat those with your fruit and have some yogurt with it. While I don't plan my lunches in advance, I do know I have a range of food in that I can eat. So jacket potatoes, eggs for omelettes, deliberately cook enough for leftovers, batch cook soup. If you're out get a Subway salad bowl or find a caf! that does JPs. There are heaps of things you can have but the secret is planning. Do ask if we can help in any way.:)

I rarely have Speed with my breakfast either pixielottie unless I'm having overnight oats. I try to have more like 50% at lunch and dinner to make up for it. When I was getting to target I sometimes ate a couple of satsumas mid morning too as they were easy to carry in my bag.

My DGD did the same thing for DD1's birthday last year denise. Her mum was so thrilled and very tearful. Have a good lunch and enjoy it. As you joined me in having an alcohol free Friday :eek:then we have plenty of syns in reserve.:D

I portioned up the Bolognese for the freezer but not enough to keep any for lunch. I might make bhajis later, depends if I have time.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB porage with HEA milk, half banana
    L: fried egg, tomatoes, mushrooms, asparagus, ham
    D: Aldi Lamb Rogan Josh, HM pilau, SW chips
    Syns: 1.5 for curry and weekend wine!:j
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    It was great to see DD1 and DGD today however because DGD had arranged it and DD1 didn't know anything about us all turning up for lunch she didn't have anything suitable for 7 of us! They all had cheese & tomato sandwiches (made with white bread!) but DH and I walked up to the local pizza/kebab place. I had a chicken kebab, a veg kebab & salad but no pitta. A few syns for the marinade on the chicken and probably oil on the griddle. DH had a doner kebab, salad & pitta. Also had some meringue (there was enough of that for everyone).

Don't think I'm going to be having the planned beef cheeks this evening. I'll probably have scrambled eggs on toast or something else fairly light as I'm still full up from the kebabs!

Will be having some more syns this evening - not sure whether it'll be gin, rum or wine yet but will be alcohol of some sort, LOL!

Denise
    Unfortunately DD's partner got called into work early (he's a chef!) so wasn't able to join us.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,591 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That sounds like you made the wisest choices you could denise.:)

I spent a useful hour or so this afternoon going through my wardrobes. I have clothes ranging from size 10 to 14. The good news is that I can get into all of them. The not so good is that some of the smaller ones are a bit uncomfortable. So even more motivation to try to get down lower in my target range.:)

Had my lunch late so made it bigger than expected as I was hungry. Large (3 egg) veggie (tomato, mushroom, spring onion, asparagus and pepper) omelette with ham and pickles on the side.:D
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all :D
    Thanks for the Birthday wishes , no its picky tea, Mrs b has a bad eye, just been on the phone too 111 as went to the pharmacy and they said you need to ring 111 as we cannot treat that:eek:
    First time ever used 111 and i rang, a doctor rang back within 30 mins, had to email some pics, he then rang back and the prescription will be in tesco in half hr, what a fantastic service:T:T:T
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Evening All
    Work today so although I'm not too keen on sat work, it's probably a blessing in disguise as I'm not home to pick.
    B porridge(hexb), bit of milk (2.5) Rest water, banana crushed seeds (1/2) and tsp honey (1)
    L lo sw fried rice and chicken, apple
    D boiled rice, Cuban beef with peppers and mushrooms and cheese (hexa)

Might have a kitkat later with my tea (5)
    Syns total 9

Tomorrow I'm trying oven fried chicken from sw booklet with wedges, but will use my saved wedges on apple crumble! Got to make toffee apples for fireworks night for the kids but just making the 2 so I am not tempted. Also might make pumpkin soup for the week with my lo pumpkin 🎃

Happy birthday bubbs hope you had a lovely day _party_

Enjoy your date gtst :love:
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    SIRENS wrote: »
    Evening All
    Work today so although I'm not too keen on sat work, it's probably a blessing in disguise as I'm not home to pick.
    B porridge(hexb), bit of milk (2.5) Rest water, banana crushed seeds (1/2) and tsp honey (1)
    L lo sw fried rice and chicken, apple
    D boiled rice, Cuban beef with peppers and mushrooms and cheese (hexa)

Might have a kitkat later with my tea (5)
    Syns total 9

Tomorrow I'm trying oven fried chicken from sw booklet with wedges, but will use my saved wedges on apple crumble! Got to make toffee apples for fireworks night for the kids but just making the 2 so I am not tempted. Also might make pumpkin soup for the week with my lo pumpkin 🎃

Happy birthday bubbs hope you had a lovely day _party_

Enjoy your date gtst :love:

Is the oven fried chicken like KFC? never heard of oven fried
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy birthday dear Bubbs xx
    Sorry about the eye xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I am really cheesed off.
    As I have reduced my target I will have to wait another year to get my diamond target :( :mad:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks Maman. No way was I eating a cheese & tomato sandwich with white bread - white bread makes me feel bloated after all these years of SW, French baguette excepted:D. Also wanted to save my syns for alcohol tonight. Have decided on wine so enjoying a glass now:D. Your lunch sounded lovely. Still don't feel like eating!

Sorry, forgot to say Happy Birthday earlier Bubbs. Hope you've had a good day.

That a pita Beanie. Seems a bit unfair to me too.

Denise
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 3 November 2018 at 8:08PM
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Is the oven fried chicken like KFC? never heard of oven fried

I think so I found the receipe from a sw booklet you get with the magazines, not tried it before. I think you make breadcrumbs from your hexb mix 2 whisked egg white with tomato pur!e,sweet paprika, garlic salt and ginger then dip the chicken pieces in that then the breadcrumbs spray with spray oil and bake. Will report back tomorrow evening as to whether it was worth it! Going to do some wedges, baked beans and corn on the cob, have bought some coleslaw for hubby and the kids to go with.
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport