Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    WaS, best of luck with the move and I hope they get the flat ready in time for you. On the plus side, if they're laying carpets and decorating now, you know that it'll all be sparkly clean when you move in.
    IzHe and I get keys to a new (to us) place today and I'm going to be spending this evening trying to scour/steam a very grubby shower screen...
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    WaS,

Nice to hear from you.

Glad to hear about WaSp getting better. Any move is stressful but when you have other issues and little help. Shame you are not local to me as I would send AM round to give you hand. 6ft 2 and 19 stone he would be able to shift most things for you :rotfl:

Take plenty of care of yourself.

Yours

Calley x
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Good luck Iz. hope the new place is lovely!

Aw, thank you Calley. WaSp and I could both do with AM!

Thank you for the support! I saw my doctor today and although he can't make the cardiologist referral because by the time it comes through I will have moved out of the catchment area he did give me a booklet on Postural Tachycardia Syndrome.

As I was told at A&E I am to carefully pace activities, rest the day before and rest for 2 days afterwards. The problem is the first day after is supposed to be horizontal because then my heart rate is completely normal. When I lie in bed my mind drifts and I think too much, thinking for me leads to voices and bad thoughts. So a fun little exercise I would like some help with please-what can I do whilst being in bed for a day to keep me occupied?

Things like TV, books and music are out because they are psychosis triggers. I can use the laptop for a while and colour my lovely adult colouring books, can anyone else think of pleasant things to do while staying as flat as possible?
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • seven-day-weekend
    Options
    Good luck Iz. hope the new place is lovely!

Aw, thank you Calley. WaSp and I could both do with AM!

Thank you for the support! I saw my doctor today and although he can't make the cardiologist referral because by the time it comes through I will have moved out of the catchment area he did give me a booklet on Postural Tachycardia Syndrome.

As I was told at A&E I am to carefully pace activities, rest the day before and rest for 2 days afterwards. The problem is the first day after is supposed to be horizontal because then my heart rate is completely normal. When I lie in bed my mind drifts and I think too much, thinking for me leads to voices and bad thoughts. So a fun little exercise I would like some help with please-what can I do whilst being in bed for a day to keep me occupied?

Things like TV, books and music are out because they are psychosis triggers. I can use the laptop for a while and colour my lovely adult colouring books, can anyone else think of pleasant things to do while staying as flat as possible?
    Puzzle books?

(Hi all!)
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • calleyw
    Options
    WaS,

Thats ok I lend AM out for moving heavy stuff :rotfl:

Can only think of the usual puzzle books, cross words. Enter competitions, write your life story (dragon software is good to save typing)

Yours

Calley x

• dandy-candy
    Options
    WaS do you knit or crochet? If not there are some great videos teaching you on YouTube. Also doing jigsaws on a tray in bed is an option.
  • Solarjunkie
    Options
    Patience on the laptop? I use goodsol.com which is free and gives you instructions for hundreds of games, which take from no mental effort to a great deal, from ones which complete 99% of the time to the one I'm hooked on, called Pigtail, which I complete 1% of the time! But I always play a couple of games before bed, the cards never blow on the floor, and I can restart the game with the same deal if I wish. I also play when I am on hold, I have my phone in one hand and the mouse in the other, I tend to be in a better mood when they do finally answer!
    You'll give "laid back" a whole new meaning!
    Deal with things as they are, not as they should be.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 18 September 2018 at 4:40PM
    Options
    bullet pointing because it would just be a jumbled mess otherwise

-started feeling up 3 weeks ago
    -got fixated on losing weight, cut out everything lose 7lbs in one week, felt amazing, slacked a bit at Swains on holiday and only lost a 1lb going to see of i can replicate first weeks weight loss again this week
    -not sleeping, averaging about 4/5 hours a night last night i didn;t sleep at all and i feel high as a kite
    -fully felt like i was losing my mind on wednesday, saw GP, explained how i've had loads of energy, not sleeping, impulsive, want to gamble, left my shop to move to another, think i'm being followed by DWP and all he told me was to sleep and come back in a month.
    -annoyed by GP, i didnt even realise i was "up" until he told me, then he told me i have "really good insight", if that was true 1)i;d have recognised the warning signs and 2)i'd know what to do but i didn;t and i dont. i know what the depression is and i know what to do in a crisis but i dnt even know if you can have a manic crisis or what youre supposed to do if you do
    -weighed myself on wednesday and the scales were lying so i took and hour round trip mission of truth to weigh myself on my usual scales
    -have major complusion to buy a £10 scratchcard but i need to go to another city to buy it in case i win the jackpot cos if i buy it here and win someone might found out its me
    -overwhelming obsession to lock doors. have to check and recheck as i dont feel i can relax if any doors are unlocked, scared someone will rob me/attack me
    -feeling very on edge over MSE, need to delete all my posts but dont know how
    - want to drink, logic dictates alcohol is a depressent so if im up it should level me out, cotemplating going to a bar full of strangers and befriending them
    -start at my new shop tomorrow and i'm panicking and feel really anxious
    -have felt really irritated by everyone and everything, everyone just seems so down and glum and everything is bright and colourful and i dont get why they are trying to drag me down
    -i can't remember if i've taken my meds

I emailed MIND and they gace me a single point of access number that should conect me to the mental health team but whats the !!!!ing point nobody ever does anything, i just need to sleep appparently.

i'm an 8 right now
    42094443_10100573970498113_3870284524659146752_n.jpg
  • annandale
    annandale Posts: 1,469 Forumite
    Options
    It sounds like you haven't taken your meds. Very much so. Please take them. For your sake. I know GPs can be useless but the meds will hopefully stop you feeling like this.
  • calleyw
    Options
    MU,

You are cycling in to a high. Please take your meds and talk to Swain asap. He needs to know you are struggling.

Massive hug and squishes

Yours

Calley x

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport