Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Mental health team called back. Shes going over my notes then calling me back. hopefully they can do something
  • mellymoo74
    mellymoo74 Posts: 6,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Mental health team called back. Shes going over my notes then calling me back. hopefully they can do something

Well done
    And seriously MU your recognising it earlier this is good xx
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    they got back to me. i need to make an emergency gp appointment tomorrow and they are faxing over a request for medication to help me sleep and a referall back to the mental health team. im gonna take my meds and try to sleep. thank you for your support, i'll check in tomorrow with an update xx
  • mellymoo74
    mellymoo74 Posts: 6,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I know how badly lack of sleep messes with mental health MU.
    Following last year OH has night terrors he sleeps every three days when he can take a sleeping tablet.
  • annandale
    annandale Posts: 1,469 Forumite
    Options
    My MH is poor just now and lack of sleep is not helping. I suffer from insomnia and it has been horrendous lately, not helped by the fact I have a very lively ginger tom who sleeps with me (he can't sleep anywhere else as he does not get on with my cat in the living room and if I put him elsewhere he would scratch to get out). It is what it is. I would never part with him, but he is the only cat I have who does not go to bed at night and sleep, he is just very bouncy and lively and of course as soon as you wake up in the morning knackered, he curls up and goes for a kip.

I was saying to my mum today that my motivation is awful and I am sure a lot of that is down to the fact that I am not getting decent sleep. I am a light sleeper (I have blackout curtains and they help). But I cant remember the last time I went to sleep and woke up the next morning, I wake a lot during the night.

In fact just typing this, my insomnia is worse than it has ever been. I exercise and it does help, but I am not exercising hard enough right now to knock me out when I go to bed. Ive never had a good sleep pattern, does not matter what I do, I struggle to get a decent nights sleep and I don't do well on less than 8 hours a night. I also struggle really badly to sleep when I have to be up early for something, my mind just won't switch off. I worked shifts for years and that's possibly part of why I struggle so badly, it just wrecked my sleeping pattern completely.

I hope that your medication does help you sleep and you feel a lot brighter soon
  • dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Came back from college, forgot my phone this morning to find a text from relative begging again with guilt trip his "girfriend" aka penpal is sick again and needs money for her "prescription" he can't do it can I.

Then 30 minutes ago had 10 minutes straight of constant phoning, when it hung up seconds later it rang back, when they had no luck they attempted landline, fed up with this.
  • mellymoo74
    Options
    07725909090 this is the Samaritans text number
  • annandale
    annandale Posts: 1,469 Forumite
    Options
    Came back from college, forgot my phone this morning to find a text from relative begging again with guilt trip his "girfriend" aka penpal is sick again and needs money for her "prescription" he can't do it can I.

Then 30 minutes ago had 10 minutes straight of constant phoning, when it hung up seconds later it rang back, when they had no luck they attempted landline, fed up with this.

Block the mobile number and let them know if they don't stop harassing you, you'll be taking it further.

Change your landline number, most providers will change a number for no charge if you are being harassed. Ive had to in the past. Yes it is a pita but it is worth it to get peace and quiet.
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    MU, I hope you managed to get some sleep and an emergency appointment and that things are better for you today.
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,839 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    MU I hope that you got the help you need today.

Just popped in to say that I'm not coping any better. I'm either scared I'll be like this for ever or that I can enjoy life without him which feels wrong. I'm guilty for so much, even being here without him.

I've contacted Cruse.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure