New Fidelity website

Options

Comments

• frankie
    frankie Posts: 846 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've voted with my feet and am in the process of transferring to another platform. Fidelity have refused to accept client criticism's and plough on regardless with their inane 'improvements'.

I had this 'new' system imposed way back in the summer and have had nothing but difficulty in navigating through their minefield, lack of analysis tools and generally poor layouts.

I now use Morningstar and other for analysis (for free). Why pay Fidelity their fee for nothing?

Rant over!!
  • Amoux
    Amoux Posts: 67 Forumite
    Options
    I'm not particularly keen on the new website design. I think it's more style over substance, with no way to check my investment performance like the old Fidelity overview. I gave my feedback listing the problems, but I don't expect it to be taking on board. I'll probably be moving to a cheaper provider beginning of next year.
  • Lomcevak
    Lomcevak Posts: 1,023 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I've just been 'moved' to the new design for my SIPP account - overall I don't mind the design too much, but it seems to have lost information in the process (e.g. I can no longer find cleared vs. uncleared cash) and as others have pointed out, investing now seems painful

I used to be able to get a very useful spreadsheet export of transaction history (with a name of TransactionDetails.<long number>), but that seems to have vanished too and My Accounts -> Transaction History and Reports -> Transaction History now only gives a less detailed export of the previous 30 days called TransactionHistory.xls (in a different format, so I can no longer easily import it into my SIPP tracking spreadsheet :( ). Anyone know if you can get the old transaction history back?

Guess i'll hang on until Vanguard turn up with their SIPP, but I was happy with the old site so annoyed they've made the new one harder and less functional
    £40k-in-’23#18 £78,628.29/40,000 (196.57%)
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,452 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just logged in, and although it lets me view OH's account holdings (and total across all), it doesn't included the transactions on both accounts on one report like it used to. Means having to log in separately to view his transactions, which is a bit of a pain. (unless I'm missing something!)
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.38% of current retirement "pot" (as at end April 2024)
  • Bravepants
    Bravepants Posts: 1,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I had difficulty yesterday seeing the info page of one of my funds..technoical problems apparently. I have also messaged (at least twice) Fidelity about my income funds income payments not being transferred to my bank account and I have had no response. And I have some money in my cash part that I don't seem able to withdraw, it's only £12 but still!

I've just started transferring my ISA to Vanguard Investor; I have a core holding in VLS 60, I was going to transfer in the future anyway as I like the fact their ISA is flexible. The website seems much more friendly, and I think I might prefer their Vanguard's FTSE Global All Cap to Fidelities World fund anyway, as that's my second holding.
    If you want to be rich, live like you're poor; if you want to be poor, live like you're rich.
  • frankie
    frankie Posts: 846 Forumite
    Options
    I have one fund left with Fidelity on my move to Vanguard. Vanguard have been very efficient in keeping me updated on progress and answer email enquiries promptly (not like the 2 days at Fidelity).

I too had my main holding in Vanguard anyway and just one Fidelity fund that I converted to a similar Vanguard.

Only started the transfer on Monday and its just about there now.
  • digannio
    digannio Posts: 323 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've just recently been moved onto the new site with the rest of the Cavendish mob and have a couple of questions someone might be able to answer. On both my wife's and my ISA the transaction history only covers the past month whether I ask for 60 days, current tax year or whatever. Is that just temporary and the rest of transactions (ie all of them) will eventually appear as things move on? Or is that all you now get? Also as regards income management (requesting paid out or reinvested on each fund) it is different on the two accounts. On my wife's ISA we can change the instruction from reinvest to paid out but on mine I can't change it at all either way. Bit strange that the two accounts were swapped over to the new site at the same time but those functions are different at the moment. Is that something that will be sorted over time?
    Thought someone who had been through the swap some time ago might cast some light on these issues before I go down the dreaded secure message route.
  • choochootrain
    Options
    digannio wrote: »
    I've just recently been moved onto the new site with the rest of the Cavendish mob and have a couple of questions someone might be able to answer. On both my wife's and my ISA the transaction history only covers the past month whether I ask for 60 days, current tax year or whatever. Is that just temporary and the rest of transactions (ie all of them) will eventually appear as things move on? Or is that all you now get?

It lists all of the transactions for the chosen time frame, but initially only shows the first 10. You have to scroll down to the bottom of the page to prompt the auto-loading of the next transactions. It's pretty annoying.
  • digannio
    digannio Posts: 323 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ah... thanks for that. Got it to work now... it is a bit of a strange set-up rather than just having page 1,2,3 etc. Cheers again.
  • K23
    K23 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    This week I notice that shares are starting to become available on the new site. Less than 20 so far, but according to their future enhancements page FTSE 350 is being made available Q1, with others to follow in Q2. More information is available on the Fidelity website.

There is zero information available prior to adding a company to the buy list, and it appears to be a afterthought inclusion.

I like the option, but like others here I cannot believe that a major company like Fidelity could go live with a interface that presented less data than the previous version. Its like whoever designed it failed to talk to customers about what they want from a system. Given that surely someone involved in the design must (surely) be a self invester with some platform I am surprised how bad it is. (my background is IT in a regulated industry). I will be looking for alternatives this year.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure