New Fidelity website

Options

Comments

• Chickereeeee
    Options
    Two additional complaints:

1) I have dividend payments sent to my bank account. I can find no way on the new site to find out where the dividends come from, until they send the (eventual) statement. a month of more later.
    2) I used to be able to use secure messaging for any questions and get a fairly quick secure message in return, Now, if I send a secure message, I get calls from an Indian call centre: if I do not answer, they ask me to call a telephone numer with a 6 digit code, a date, my customer refrence number and account documentation!

I just want a simple written reply guys, I do NOT want to faff about with telephone calls and code numbers.
  • choochootrain
    Options
    1) I have dividend payments sent to my bank account. I can find no way on the new site to find out where the dividends come from, until they send the (eventual) statement. a month of more later.

My Accounts -> Transaction History and Reports -> Income Report

Perhaps this is what you're looking for?
  • stephen160
    Options
    On the page you are pointing too, all it says is

"Interest/Income Distribution" it says no more , so i have to telephone to find out who has paid the dividend , seems strange in this day and age we have to do that
  • choochootrain
    Options
    Well I always reinvest dividends so I don't know what it's supposed to look like for income payouts, but it shows me the the value of the dividend, which investment it came from and how it was reinvested.
  • Chickereeeee
    Options
    stephen160 wrote: »
    On the page you are pointing too, all it says is

"Interest/Income Distribution" it says no more , so i have to telephone to find out who has paid the dividend , seems strange in this day and age we have to do that

Yes I get something like that. I think it mentions it came from a cash fund. If you delve a bit more deeply, there is a line which says 'original source of money' - which is blank.

A big mess up.
  • Chickereeeee
    Options
    Well I always reinvest dividends so I don't know what it's supposed to look like for income payouts, but it shows me the the value of the dividend, which investment it came from and how it was reinvested.

I think the problem is, when income is paid out, the dvidend is first paid into a cash holding account. Then it is paid from there to your bank. So then the source of the payout, in the line you are looking at, is 'cash account' which is not helpful....
  • greenglide
    greenglide Posts: 3,301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    All you need to do is choose MyAcounts,Transaction History and Reports, Income Report as previously suggested.

The transactions labelled as "Income Received" are the dividends paid into your account and the details include the name of the fund.

Transactions labelled "Income Payment" are the cash actually being paid to you.

Sometimes it can be useful to select "All Transactions" to see everything. Choosing Export gives the options to see the data in PDF or Spreadsheet format which enables you to see more details without have to select more details.

It now lets you see transactions that you never saw before which necessarily good!
  • Chickereeeee
    Options
    greenglide wrote: »
    All you need to do is choose MyAcounts,Transaction History and Reports, Income Report as previously suggested.

The transactions labelled as "Income Received" are the dividends paid into your account and the details include the name of the fund.

Well as stephen160 said, it didn't. But it does now!

Either they have fixed a glitch, or the source of the dividend does not show for some conciderable time after it has been paid (like a month!)

C
  • greenglide
    greenglide Posts: 3,301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    It does seem a bit flaky at times, especially if you want to change the view to cover a different time period.

A limited number of proper reports would seem of more value with the option of seeing "all" of the underlying data only for special occasions.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,101 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You might find this exchange interesting! From my intermediary:

ME: I never liked the previous Fidelity website, the new one is even worse.

Is there a charge for switching everything in the Fidelity account to my existing CoFunds account? Any other implications?

REPLY: I agree with you about the FundsNetwork website. There is no charge or implications to switch to Cofunds and they are slightly cheaper.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure