How to sue Together Energy

Options

Comments

• Bark01
    Bark01 Posts: 882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If it’s any consultation, I haven’t had a final bill and by my reckoning I owe them £500. They have let me leave though.

My only worry is I’m about to buy a house and I don’t want TE to stick a black mark on my credit score.

So far I’ve had the ombudsmen raise 2 complaints for me around not having a final bill. The first one TE closed as resolved without contacting me or sending a final bill.
  • pablopz
    pablopz Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 28 March 2019 at 1:33PM
    Options
    I too am owed £420 by Together Energy (coincidentally) and still haven't been able to get it back 9 weeks after they stopped supplying my energy. I was initially told by them that it would take 6 weeks to get a final bill and that this was an "industry standard".

Shortly after the 6 weeks, I contacted them to ask for the money they owed me. They replied saying that a refund would be made within 10 days. This did not happen. I phoned and spoke to someone who said it would be escalated - still no refund. I followed it up further; no reply to any of my recent emails.

The energy ombudsman say that as there has not been 8 weeks since my complaint, I need to go through Together Energy's complaints procedure. I really don't want to be waiting another 6 - 8 weeks for them to pay me the £420 that they owe me, but it would seem that they hold the cards!
  • Sophp
    Options
    I’ve been scouring the internet on how to deal with my Together Energy issue and have come across this. After leaving 11th Feb 19 they owe me roughly £500. Having put in a recent complaint with ombudsman I was hopeful of a resolution but it looks like no one is having any luck. I’ve reported to bbc watchdog in hope that they may investigate this. I hope you all get your money back ASAP.
  • PaschalFun
    PaschalFun Posts: 241 Forumite
    Options
    Sophp wrote: »
    I’ve been scouring the internet on how to deal with my Together Energy issue and have come across this. After leaving 11th Feb 19 they owe me roughly £500. Having put in a recent complaint with ombudsman I was hopeful of a resolution but it looks like no one is having any luck. I’ve reported to bbc watchdog in hope that they may investigate this. I hope you all get your money back ASAP.

The supplier has up to 6 weeks from you switching to create a final bill.

So you had no cause for complaint until the end of March.

The supplier has up to 8 weeks to resolve any complaint.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sophp wrote: »
    Did you have an online account ??-if so, log in to check if the bill is there. I left on the 10th Feb, no communications from Together -but when I checked my account end of March ,the bill was there dated 10th Feb.

No explanation of the One Select credit so I phoned them when they sent me a link to my (incorrect) final One Select bill.

They then sent me an email last week telling me my bill was ready!!-but its still wrong as the OS credit hasn't been put right.
  • rattyo
    Options
    I’m in the same boat too. Can’t believe they can get away with doing this! The final bill they sent me said I was owed £400 but I have calculated it should be over £700. I left 21st jan. I have rung and emailed so many times. I have just put the issue through resolver.co.uk but not sure if that will do any good. Next stop Citizen advice ��
  • Bark01
    Bark01 Posts: 882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bark01 wrote: »
    If it’s any consultation, I haven’t had a final bill and by my reckoning I owe them £500. They have let me leave though.

My only worry is I’m about to buy a house and I don’t want TE to stick a black mark on my credit score.

So far I’ve had the ombudsmen raise 2 complaints for me around not having a final bill. The first one TE closed as resolved without contacting me or sending a final bill.

Took about 6 weeks but the ombudsman has now found in my favour (again) and have awarded me another £100 on top of the original £35 from my first complaint. It’s still up to TE to actually give me a final bill though.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm still waiting for someone (anyone!) to adjust the start read on my One Select bill to the figure used by the previous supplier to close my account ,which they assure me ,was received from OS via the verification route. When/if they do, the credit carried forward to Together will be further increased ,altering the amount I actually owe TE.

If I haven't heard anything by next week ,I suppose I'll have to poke TE Customer Services ....again:mad:
  • Stevebranney
    Options
    I have today been successful using the online Scottish ‘Simple procedure’ to issue court proceedings.
    I built up my evidence file which took 18 unanswered emails.
    I did not bother with the regulator as I had seen this route was ignored.
    Build your case and take them to the Dumbarton Sheriffs court.
    Good luck.
    I have my £207 back that has been owed since February.
  • LynH
    LynH Posts: 28 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was also moved across to TE from One Select at the end of 2018. I was surprised when OFGEM selected them as the transfer doubled their customer base overnight. It was doomed to fail from the beginning.
    They input incorrectly my start reading causing the Feb bill to be around £1000! The reading was corrected about 3 weeks ago but a new bill has still not been issued. I submitted a new reading 28/5 as requested and am hoping it will all smooth out shortly.
    I want to move supplier but am reluctant to until everything is working properly - hopefully not too long now :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback